Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Black Lightning, you could basically make this into a family book like the Fantastic Four. He has a whole legacy built in that he doesn't have to borrow from anyone. They may not be tackling cosmic entities but there's a lot you can do there.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Black Lightning, you could basically make this into a family book like the Fantastic Four. He has a whole legacy built in that he doesn't have to borrow from anyone. They may not be tackling cosmic entities but there's a lot you can do there.
    Agreed. A book like that could be pretty amazing.
    It’s one reason I didn’t/haven’t gotten into the CW show. It’s just so...dull. I get having drama in a story but man, when it’s all you have then, it just loses steam.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Agreed. A book like that could be pretty amazing.
    It’s one reason I didn’t/haven’t gotten into the CW show. It’s just so...dull. I get having drama in a story but man, when it’s all you have then, it just loses steam.
    I like the show more for Anissa and Jennifer than Jefferson.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Use her like She Hulk or Daredevil. Any time a legal case comes up their involved
    The one thing I love about Marvel is that they always reuse their characters in certain niches more so than DC. There's only like 2 doctors the heroes go to for healing, two lawyers they depend on for court cases and etc. Making Kate the lawyer for everything Superheroes should've been obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like the show more for Anissa and Jennifer than Jefferson.
    The CRISIS tie in was the first full ep. I watched since S1 and my lord was it awful. I wanted to scratch my own eyes out. Such great characters and I have no interest in seeing them.

Astonishing Member

I love the Black Lightning TV show. It's a slow burn but gets exciting at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Her powers sound similar to Animal Mans.

Have Vixen and Animal man ever met?
    They have a big adventure in the Justice League of McDuffy. I mean, a superhero traveling to other universe and fighting against a god with meta references action adventure. Not the other kind of adventure.

My pick for underrated charecter is Vibe. I liked how he worked in the New52, as watcher of parallel universes. I like that version.
    Not the break dancer version. Breakdance is more dead than disco.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Klarion the Witch Boy as a kind of Invader Zim with Etrigan The Demon as his uncle / reluctant mentor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Klarion the Witch Boy as a kind of Invader Zim with Etrigan The Demon as his uncle / reluctant mentor.
    I don't think that Etrigan is suited for a mentor role...

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Jason Blood might be better suited for the mentor role while Etrigan is more of an assistant. Etrigan could assist Jason in mentoring him but not actively caring/fretting over Klarion like Jason would be.

Jason Blood/Etrigan feels suited for your average occult detective book and Jason/Etrigan lends themselves to a buddy cop/mismatched partner dynamic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jason Blood might be better suited for the mentor role while Etrigan is more of an assistant.
    I doubt that Jason Blood and Etrigan usually work against each other and not with each other, Etrigan is not exactly a good guy and for the most part he doesn't even plays nice with other bad guys (and Klarion is in his original Version also pretty evil).

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Before this fades away pushed to the bottom...

I'd make take The Creeper something so much more.
    Instead of patterning some weird spidey joker hybrid.

I'd make him a horror book Where he's In a blade wolverine ghost rider type place.
    Hes playing the doctor jekyll Mr. Hyde game in all his incarnations so it's trivial to take the best stories of that genre and retell them as he faces all kinds of insane Vertigo style monsters and challenges.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Ralph Dibney needs to focus less on superheroics and more pn mysteries. I'd love a 6 issue Agatha Christie style murder mystery with Ralph as the Detective figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That would be awesome.
    His powers should be used in low key ways, too, where you almost forget he has them, as he’s more showing us his deductive skills.
    I have him lose his stretching power.

He still have his durability and agility. He be the world's most amazing contortionist. But he wouldn't stretch like Plastic Man.

He would then be a more street level hero.

I love the idea of Agatha Christie type mysteries.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I want steel to be not tied to giant iron hunk of junk. I would make steel into generator rex type hero. But instead of, his body being inhabited by nanite, it will be carbon based single cell life forms. John henry's main diet will be metal, especially steel due to this. The organisms consume and covert the metal john eats into some sort of organic armor strong as steel and various weapons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that Etrigan is suited for a mentor role...
    Klarion's first appearance is as Jason's "nephew" (it's a lie) in The Demon comic from Kirby himself!