Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    His point was "dump these characters in a book and then forget about them because there is no point in wasting resources on characters with no pull". This is not what happened with the Squad and the Six. Well, the "forget about them" part happened with the Six but not with the Squad.
    ^^^i gotcha!

It’s why I stipulated enthusiasm.
    If I were a writer handed a bunch of characters and told to do whatever by some editor who didn’t give a damn what I did w. them?
    I’d run w. that book till the brakes went out.

Either i’d Churn out a surprise hit, or have fun telling stories I wanted to tell until they pulled the plug!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Beast Boy transforms into animals, but Vixen channels their power and gains their traits(lizard's regeneration, strength of an elephant, etc..)
    Her powers sound similar to Animal Mans.

Have Vixen and Animal man ever met?

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Her powers sound similar to Animal Mans.

Have Vixen and Animal man ever met?
    According to this post, they team up in Morrison's Animal Man book.

https://superflycomics.com/2012/08/2...ms-with-vixen/

Ralph Dibney needs to focus less on superheroics and more pn mysteries. I'd love a 6 issue Agatha Christie style murder mystery with Ralph as the Detective figure

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Ralph Dibney needs to focus less on superheroics and more pn mysteries. I'd love a 6 issue Agatha Christie style murder mystery with Ralph as the Detective figure
    That would be awesome.
    His powers should be used in low key ways, too, where you almost forget he has them, as he’s more showing us his deductive skills.

I don't know how they should do it as I legit think DC did what they could, but I LOVE Kate Spencer: Manhunter. First issue and she became my fave DC superheroine.

Again, not sure what they could do. I wouldn't want them to change her too much, as then she wouldn't be her. Sadly, I guess she just doesn't sell. Too bad. Love the character. Loved her book.

I guess they could put her on The Outsiders and play up the lawyer aspect with her role on the team.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

I guess they could put her on The Outsiders and play up the lawyer aspect with her role on the team.
    I think you answered your own question. This would be a nice direction.
    She could conceivably be used across a wide range of titles that way, keeping her on ppl’s radar.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    I don't know how they should do it as I legit think DC did what they could, but I LOVE Kate Spencer: Manhunter. First issue and she became my fave DC superheroine.

Again, not sure what they could do. I wouldn't want them to change her too much, as then she wouldn't be her. Sadly, I guess she just doesn't sell. Too bad. Love the character. Loved her book.

I proposed a DMA (Department of Metahuman Affairs) book with Kate as one of the characters.

DMA - Department of Metahuman Affairs

An organization tasked with dealing with crimes revolving around metahumans.

Cameron Chase - Director

Field agents
    Dale Gunn
    Cisco Ramon
    Kate Spencer
    Brooke Rainshadow (Roy Harper's cousin and my OC)
    Claire Selton (you might recognize her as Volcana from Superman: TAS)

Covert ops
    Cynthia Reynolds
    Trey Murphy (OC with intangibility)

Use her like She Hulk or Daredevil. Any time a legal case comes up their involved

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

His point was "dump these characters in a book and then forget about them because there is no point in wasting resources on characters with no pull". This is not what happened with the Squad and the Six. Well, the "forget about them" part happened with the Six but not with the Squad.
    I finished plastic man by Gail Simone yesterday and 3 of the secret 6 returned for like 10 pages. So yay mini series for underused characters. I miss Question and JHex
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-07-2020 at 10:30 AM.

I proposed a DMA (Department of Metahuman Affairs) book with Kate as one of the characters.
    That was a damn good build on your part...-thumbs up-

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That was a damn good build on your part...-thumbs up-
    Thank you.

Linda Danvers the Supergirl from the 90s. She is returned as Leah Danvers. She is a runaway who is killed and revived as an angel to guide and protect people. Her partner is Zauriel, a relatively young angel himself but still older than Leah. Story elements include the Nephilim and humans trying to transplant angel powers into humans.

Linda Danvers the Supergirl from the 90s. She is returned as Leah Danvers. She is a runaway who is killed and revived as an angel to guide and protect people. Her partner is Zauriel, a relatively young angel himself but still older than Leah. Story elements include the Nephilim and humans trying to transplant angel powers into humans.
    You get PAD to write this, and i’m there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post

Kate is great! Andreyko really gave her a unique voice in the DCU. It was nice to see her in "Event Leviathan" even though she didn't do a lot. Still, this gives her a chance to gain prominence since Leviathan is a Big Deal - maybe her connection to Shaw can be used to make her relevant to that whole storyline. Honestly, depending on how it goes, I can see her as one the heroes who actually join his cause. (she was actually one of my frontrunners for Leviathan)