Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I feel like nothing new was mentioned in this article....though it made me dislike Kwannon more because they act like she "deserves" the Psylocke name

I do enjoy this book but I feel like there is still too much happening at one time. I was fine with multiple plot lines in #1 but after that it should have just focused on Morgana Le Fey story.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Those vines in the costume make me hope he'll exhibit some of those connections to "the Earth's life force".
    Tini’s really digging into Rictor’s connection to the Earth. Hope she takes it a step further and ties that into nature choosing the mutants as the inheritors of its environment.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I like the characters but the story's been just OK so far. I've never read Excalibur stuff before (the first team) so not sure if that's a plus or a negative in terms of how much I like it. I just find it confusing overall so hard to engage at times. I will keep it on my pull list though. Future issues look good just hope I'm not as confused.
    Yea. I'm just hoping the arc ends well and we, the readers, will know what mutant magic is and are given a reason as to why the team will stick around after the original cap brit is saved. Also it would be nice if we knew what Betsy is capable of since getting her new powers.... Everything she did so far she has been able to do in the past.

I'm just asking for basic stuff here. "mutant magic" should of been explained in the 1st issue. If we are not given some type of demonstration of this magic stuff or a reason why Apocalypse is making all these moves in the background then i will be disappoint. C'mon Howard..

I also like the look of the psy-knife over the sword/shield stuff. If she did both i wouldn't complain but it looks like she won't be using the knife again. Betsy is not even being creative with her Tk. Constantly using the sword and shield is boring. Mix it up and force choke someone from time to time, or literally anything else, like using her new Captain Britain powers.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 01-06-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

It’s surprising that so many of you read “mutant magic” as though it is something other than a “magic mutant”. I never got caught up in it. I assumed the word order was just a quirk of the author in order to add intrigue.

Betsy is both magic and mutant. She is both Earth and Otherworld. Both Krakoan and British. It’s weird that it’s only AFTER she’s been severed from Kwannon that her narrative seems to embrace overlapping identities.

Mighty Member

There’s things I like but I feel there’s so much missed potential to flesh things out. I like that they are using the Lighthouse, but also Tini should have done one of the info pages describing the significance of the Lighthouse. Wasn’t it a nexus point to other realities as well? Let’s expand on that magical aspect as well. Apocalypse surely knows the history of the Lighthouse. I like Rictor being used for certain reasons and I’m ok with seeing his powers expand. Not thrilled about Shatterstar not being included at some point. I feel there’s so much potential here and it could be a fun adventure series like the original run was. There’s so many elements to play off of with the characters they selected. True D&D types which I’d be so down with seeing explored while in Otherworld.

Captain Britain - Knight
    Apocalypse - Sorcerer
    Gambit - Thief
    Rogue - well? A Rogue. Haha
    Rictor - Elfish character
    Jubilee - Jester
    Shogo - Dragon (if he has to be here)

So easy to use that as base. Meggan and Wisdom should definitely be on this team

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It’s surprising that so many of you read “mutant magic” as though it is something other than a “magic mutant”. I never got caught up in it. I assumed the word order was just a quirk of the author in order to add intrigue.
    Jeez, I hope its more than that. That would suk. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    There’s things I like but I feel there’s so much missed potential to flesh things out. I like that they are using the Lighthouse, but also Tini should have done one of the info pages describing the significance of the Lighthouse. Wasn’t it a nexus point to other realities as well? Let’s expand on that magical aspect as well. Apocalypse surely knows the history of the Lighthouse. I like Rictor being used for certain reasons and I’m ok with seeing his powers expand. Not thrilled about Shatterstar not being included at some point. I feel there’s so much potential here and it could be a fun adventure series like the original run was. There’s so many elements to play off of with the characters they selected. True D&D types which I’d be so down with seeing explored while in Otherworld.

Captain Britain - Knight
    Apocalypse - Sorcerer
    Gambit - Thief
    Rogue - well? A Rogue. Haha
    Rictor - Elfish character
    Jubilee - Jester
    Shogo - Dragon (if he has to be here)

So easy to use that as base. Meggan and Wisdom should definitely be on this team
    You have cool ideas
    Last edited by FIGHT; 01-06-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

This whole Kwannon is (always has been) Psylocke is a total BS, undeserving and doesn't make sense.
    They seems to care about the "Psylocke" brand but with Betsy, she's just an aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    This whole Kwannon is (always has been) Psylocke is a total BS, undeserving and doesn't make sense.
    They seems to care about the "Psylocke" brand but with Betsy, she's just an aftermath.
    Isn’t she headlining her own book right now? In fact, the very book this thread is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Isn’t she headlining her own book right now? In fact, the very book this thread is about?
    Oh yes, but the process of she becoming what she is today seems like an aftermath.
    Tini's book was suppose to be featured [A] first, but when they realized it suits to became Excalibur, Betsy name came after - Cap Britain.
    They don't seem to think much about the Betsy Brand. It all seems in the hands of Tini alone.
    They stripped away all what make Betsy-the Betsy we've known before (barely using telepathy, losing the butterfly signature, not using fighting skills despite retain the knowledge/skill, not using her power creatively) - and give it to Kwannon. She's just a brute with a light sword and shield now which happend to be called Captain Britain.

I’m trying to google my old 2019 posts about Kwannon as Psylocke but the internet blows.

Anyway, my point is this: “Psylocke is the name given to Betsy by Mojo after he abducted her, suppressed her mind, controlled her body for his own entertainment. It was only after Betsy regained agency of her person that she made “Psylocke” into a hero.

Similarly, in a way, “Psylocke” is the identity given to Kwannon by Betsy after she abducted her, suppressed her mind, controlled her body for her own entertainment. Not that Betsy was initially at fault, but she WAS ultimately responsible. Betsy, respectfully, can see the parallel of her experience to Kwannon’s and, respectfully, gift Kwannon with the Psylocke identity and entrust her to achieve her own heroism.

Betsy should’ve worked longer on building the Betsy brand before having her brother’s thrust on her. Cycle through her various identities like “Agent Braddock”, “Runway”, “Violet Knight”, “Lady of the Lighthouse”, “Uriel”, until ultimately sharing the Captain Britain mantle with her brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    She's just a brute with a light sword and shield now which happend to be called Captain Britain.
    I dunno, I've enjoyed her tender moments so far (especially with Brian and Shogo) and feel she's reluctantly but steadily stepping into her new role. But to each their own.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Similarly, in a way, “Psylocke” is the identity given to Kwannon by Betsy after she abducted her, suppressed her mind, controlled her body for her own entertainment. Not that Betsy was initially at fault, but she WAS ultimately responsible. Betsy, respectfully, can see the parallel of her experience to Kwannon’s and, respectfully, gift Kwannon with the Psylocke identity and entrust her to achieve her own heroism.
    none of that is how that happened. That’s all retcon to the original. When Kwannon came back into the body, writers tried to figure out how to handle it. Sorry, but I don’t buy that Kwannon was in there the entire time. She wasn’t held hostage in her own mind. That’s total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    none of that is how that happened. That’s all retcon to the original. When Kwannon came back into the body, writers tried to figure out how to handle it. Sorry, but I don’t buy that Kwannon was in there the entire time. She wasn’t held hostage in her own mind. That’s total BS.
    Sorry? “Original” is bound to mean several things at this point, and what you describe is pretty much how they’ve chosen to portray it.

9A48A301-D837-408E-8CB4-428A966A6C7B.jpg

Like I said, Betsy wasn’t at fault, but she is responsible and respectful. Gifting Kwannon the Psylocke identity is what should have been in X-Men #1.

BANNED

They're like, "if we act like Kwannon is and always was Psylocke and ignore the confusion caused by this people will eventually accept it!"

BS

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    They're like, "if we act like Kwannon is and always was Psylocke and ignore the confusion caused by this people will eventually accept it!"

BS
    Welllll... yes, that seems to be the path they’ve chosen. Which is why I’ve been adamant and consistent that they SHOULD have addressed the issue with a big ole battle that says everything essential and ends with a big status quo that puts villains with X-teams and partners Kwannon to Wolverine.