View Poll Results: Which Spiderman film is the best?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spiderman

6 13.95%
  • Spiderman 2

28 65.12%
  • Spiderman 3

1 2.33%
  • The Amazing Spiderman

1 2.33%
  • The Amazing Spiderman 2

1 2.33%
  • Spiderman: Homecoming

4 9.30%
  • Spiderman: Far From Home

2 4.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Spiderman 1 & 2.

Still 2, and not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    We all love Spiderman. And because we do, whenever he has a movie coming out, we go and see it. However, some have worked out better than others. So, which of any of the Spiderman films has been your favorite?

My picks: Spiderman, Spiderman 2, Spiderman: Homecoming.
    Not really much to think about. Spider-Man 2 easily. I remember back when it had been out for a year or two and someone on a forum went on about how time would prove it wasn't that great a movie. Apparently, everyone is going to recognize that any decade now. It was really just another "I don't like it so it sucks".

It really proved that you could do a highly popular character driven superhero movie without having to revolve it around fights and superhero action and it could still be great and popular.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    IMDB ratings

Spider-Man: Far From Home 7.6
    Spider-Man: Homecoming 7.4
    Spider-Man 7.3
    Spider-Man 2 7.3
    The Amazing Spider-Man 6.9
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 6.6
    Spider-Man 3 6.2
    This does go to support the theory that being an MCU movie gives an artificial boost.

I thought the Amazing movies were actually more like the okay movies. They tried to make the plot so complicated that people preferred the creativity and depth of the original series. I did like including Gwen Stacey and building up to Mary Jane but the cancelation of a third movie killed that. They had their moments and Spidey quipping but, overall, the Raimi series and Tobey's Peter Parker nailed it.

As to the Spiderverse, great movie, maybe equal to or second only to Spiderman 2 but I agree that it isn't really fair to compare animation and live action.
    Power with Girl is better.

Honestly; none of the movies deserve high praise. The best one is the first Sam Raimi film.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This does go to support the theory that being an MCU movie gives an artificial boost.
    Almost every reviewer online goes "MCU saved Spider-Man after the Dark Ages", and more than 80% of the comments I've read spit hard on the movies between Raimi's and MCU's. IMDB numbers might be marginal support to your theory compared to the numerous comments online spitting on those two films.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Whoever said Spiderman 3 should be punched in the face.

I kid I kid.

But...um...really...they should....

Spiderman 2 or Homecoming for me I think, Spiderman 2 with a slight edge

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Honestly; none of the movies deserve high praise. The best one is the first Sam Raimi film.

Almost every reviewer online goes "MCU saved Spider-Man after the Dark Ages",
    oh good lord, that is just the usual media marketing spin of bias. nobody falls for those type of reviews, you didn't. I think the mcu spiderman was done to caters to a much much younger audiences. little children to be more precise, MCU Spiderman was not even allowed to punch his villains and the movies almost beat Ant man/GOTG with a light-hearted tone.

MCU Spiderman would have had to rethink twice now because into the spiderverse is also done to appeal to little children but it had an incredible adult edge most greatly enjoyed that was lacking with MCU Spiderman. although this is my second reason why I am not the biggest fan of mcu spiderman, the first is, Spiderman is too much of an iron boy and he is too obsessed with avengers and been a part of the MCU crossover cinematic universe, a far opposite to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Whoever said Spiderman 3 should be punched in the face.

I kid I kid.

But...um...really...they should....

Spiderman 2 or Homecoming for me I think, Spiderman 2 with a slight edge
    at least Sam raimi explained why spiderman 3 was a problematic film. its still an average to okayish movie for raimi past High standard.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-28-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    oh good lord, that is just the usual media marketing spin of bias. nobody falls for those type of reviews, you didn't. I think the mcu spiderman was done to caters to a much much younger audiences. little children to be more precise, MCU Spiderman was not even allowed to punch his villains and the movies almost beat Ant man/GOTG with a light-hearted tone.
    It's not mere marketing bias, it extends beyond a handful of youtubers and goes in like, every corner of the internet.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    It's not mere marketing bias, it extends beyond a handful of youtubers and goes in like, every corner of the internet.
    its part of the social media age of marketing from people who are just even fans of a studio or a character and are not getting paid to promote the movie and here they are doing just that because they have their own personal YouTube, twitter and blogs pages they can share with the public.

Research has shown about 60-70% of positive early twitter reactions never ends up with a movie actually having good reviews but early twitter reactions as still marketed.

Usually whenever a big budget movie comes out especially from a mega studio like Disney, I wait for a month for the hype to die down before finally reading credible reviews.

Overall its just telling how good the Raimi movies are. Spiderman 1 and 2 came at time this type of social media marketing was not a big thing in the business. twitter was born in 2009, spiderman 3 came out in 2007. it makes the Raimi positive word of mouth which were amazing more authentic.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-29-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

1. Spider-man 2
    2. Spider-man
    3. Spider-man Far From Home
    4. Spider-man Homecoming
    5. Spider-man 3

And the rest.