Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    American voters are less informed and dumber in the 21st century than they were around 30 years ago. They have a responsibility to elect good leaders but unfortunately they aren't educated and informed enough to understand the issues (civil rights, abortion, climate change, global affairs, national security, etc) that affect their lives. They may have abused the privilege because they do not understand the political issues when they were electing their leaders.

Most of the states that elected Trump into office are sparsely populated, rural and agricultural states.

Maybe the states should re-introduce literacy tests to allow well-informed voters to only participate in the voting, so that the rednecks and trailer park people cannot vote in the elections anymore.

In the past the voters were required to pass literacy tests in order to register. But the restriction was intended to prevent the black voters from voting. The literacy tests rule also restricted the poor and illiterate whites, especially the illiterate rural rednecks who never enrolled in a university.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test
    You cant reintroduce something like literacy tests to prevent people from voting just because a person you dont like won the election. That kind of thing was done away with for a good reason. It smacks of oppression of the people. It was not okay to use such measures to keep blacks from voting and it is not okay to use those methods to keep poor whites from voting.

I suspect that had some suggested these kind of tests come back to keep a Democrat from winning a second term you would have went nuts. yet you suggest this to keep rural white people from voting. This is the most foolish thing I have heard on here.

I never enrolled in a university. Medical issues prevented this. And I live in a rural area. So what you are saying is that I have no right to vote. THis offends me a great deal.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-27-2020 at 03:03 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.