Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'm still waiting on her to make a meaningful appearance in the X-Men comics
    I know, right?! I had to start binge-reading the classics just to get my Angel fix:

I liked C. Priest's use of Firestar with the Avengers in the black Panther series. I hope he could write them again with Firestar as a member or a solo hero. or her journey with Justice/Vance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I liked C. Priest's use of Firestar with the Avengers in the black Panther series. I hope he could write them again with Firestar as a member or a solo hero. or her journey with Justice/Vance.
    I don't remember that. Why and what what was Firestars involvement?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I had to start binge-reading the classics just to get my Angel fix:

Loved Firestar in New Warriors. She was written as a strong and competent hero, and rightly so. In the X-Men she is written like she has put on her costume for the first time.

Agreed. Also, let's not forget the artistic renderings of Joe Jusko. I LOVE his version of...

Firestar
    (along with the Avengers, of course)

I don't remember that. Why and what what was Firestars involvement?
    An unsuspecting bystander had a bomb on him, and the Avengers had Angel ferret him out:

Loved Firestar in New Warriors. She was written as a strong and competent hero, and rightly so. In the X-Men she is written like she has put on her costume for the first time.
    In agreement with you about how Angel was handled in New Warriors. In the beginning, it was a bit worrisome when they had her acting like a "fangirl". However, as you said, her characterization had some positive growth as a result of Nicieza's careful writing:

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-02-2020 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Their done...been done for a while and Vance has moved onto Ultra Girl. Last thing either of them needs is the old on again off again that Kitty and Peter seemed to go thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Their done...been done for a while and Vance has moved onto Ultra Girl. Last thing either of them needs is the old on again off again that Kitty and Peter seemed to go thru.
    ultra girl, eh? curious. I guess they're all the same age.

Too bad that 616 Angelica is considered "far" younger than Peter Parker and the reunion-shipping of him and MJ has been relentless since One More Day. I'd still want Peter and Angelica to date for a while even if it inevitably didn't work out in the end.

I'd want to see more experimenting with her microwave-based powers. Also I'd like to see her doing a civilian job related to her Art History degree. Something at a university, or a hip art gallery in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or in New England somewhere.

If Bobby is straight in this continuity, then he would be intimate with Starfire, making Angelica the center of the polyamorous relationship. However, if he's a closeted gay man, then it might be that Starfire is his beard while he pursues Peter instead. This again begs the question: if Iceman is gay, are his feelings reciprocated by Peter, or is it a one-sided crush? If the crush is mutual, that would make Peter Parker in a bisexual man.

While Iceman does share some intimate moments with Starfire, he seems far closer to Peter, since both of Spider-Man's amazing friends identify themselves by their relationships with Spider-Man. If Starfire were the center of this polyamorous relationship, the show would probably be called Starfire and Her Amazing Friends, not the other way around. All of this indicates that, if this is indeed a true polyamorous relationship, Peter is the center of quite the harem of super-friends. Either that, or Spider-Man is surrounded by people crushing on him, while he remains blissfully unaware.
    LOL! It happened again.

The last two paragraphs mixed-up Firestar with Starfire.

This is Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, not Teen Titans: The Animated Series.

I couldn't even get through that article. I'm all here for well thought out subtext, but this was suuuuuch a stretch.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-06-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Polyamory. We used to just call it being horny.

lol

I'm comfortable with asserting that Bob is straight in that cartoon and was in the comics until a writer(s) decided otherwise. Not much point in retconning the cartoon storylines.

On one hand, I'm tickled that Amazing Friends has somehow finally gotten attention from the "mainstream" of fandom again, (presumably, the younger cohorts) but the tendency to shoehorn modern connotations into every possible scenario is just... odd.

I'd much rather read articles about how Angelica is coming to an X-Men team or an Avengers team or a new team. Next thing you know, it's "Did Angelica sleep with Flash Thompson?"

lol

I'm comfortable with asserting that Bob is straight in that cartoon and was in the comics until a writer(s) decided otherwise. Not much point in retconning the cartoon storylines.

On one hand, I'm tickled that Amazing Friends has somehow finally gotten attention from the "mainstream" of fandom again, (presumably, the younger cohorts) but the tendency to shoehorn modern connotations into every possible scenario is just... odd.

I'd much rather read articles about how Angelica is coming to an X-Men team or an Avengers team or a new team. Next thing you know, it's "Did Angelica sleep with Flash Thompson?"
    I know, right?! Or how about... "Ms. Lion being the brains behind the operation." (LOL!):

Angel is up for preorder at Hasbro Pulse, Dorkside Toys and others!