Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would be interested but not excited about it.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I'm kind of curious about the alternate versions of TFA and TROS.

Ardnt of course created the basic ideas for Rey, Finn etc. but also the story would've featured more of Luke taking an active role, instead of just showing up at the end. Arndt apparentally struggled with this because he felt Luke overshadowed the new characters. He also didn't kill Han, and the movie had them get back together for good at the end.

Kind of curious if his was the draft that included Luke's lightsaber floating in space and the Death Star ruins which later made it to ROTS.

There's also Tremorrow's version. There were some rumors a month ago about his ideas but he denied them. Reportedly though, he wanted to use Luke and TLJ kind of messed that up; he also planned for Leia to have a bigger role but Carrie's death made that impossible.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Just make the Zahn Thrawn stories canon again in some capacity. That was such a superior place to take the characters after the original movies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I don't know why I phrased this topic like a question. It's not as though its going to happen now since everyone said sure :/

It almost seems like the problem with the prequels is the opposite problem with the disney trilogy. The prequels had fine story structure/arcs (for the most part), it was just the dialogue and acting that wasn't the greatest. But the new trilogy the acting and dialogue are fine, but the story structure is just all over the place. It's a shame, they could have combined the talents of everyone to create something really special.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I don't know why I phrased this topic like a question. It's not as though its going to happen now since everyone said sure :/

It almost seems like the problem with the prequels is the opposite problem with the disney trilogy. The prequels had fine story structure/arcs (for the most part), it was just the dialogue and acting that wasn't the greatest. But the new trilogy the acting and dialogue are fine, but the story structure is just all over the place. It's a shame, they could have combined the talents of everyone to create something really special.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just make the Zahn Thrawn stories canon again in some capacity. That was such a superior place to take the characters after the original movies.
    They actually did do this with "Mist Encounter" although it's not post-ROTJ. Basically, it's a short story from the old RPG adventure journals that Zahn wrote about Thrawn's introduction to the Empire.

Actually it's been updated twice. The 2007 reprint pretty much just added a little bit to make it fit a bit better with what the prequels established.

The third version is in the 2016 Disney canon novel Thrawn which also has some small alterations to fit the novel's purpose (Such as Thrawn's sidekick/protege being added)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mist_Encounter

In a few ways the Disney timeline is actually a bit more peaceful for the main characters-things don't really get bad until around 5 years before TFA, while the original EU had them in some new conflict with the remnants of the Empire, a hostile alien race, or some new dark side or Sith related threat practically every year. Plus Han and Leia lose both sons, Ackbar dies much earlier etc. Granted, Luke, Han and Leia do live on through this unlike the sequel trilogy.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

That is only if you go past a certain point and I would have stopped before Chewbacca was killed and Jacen goes to the dark side.

Also would stop before Anakin Solo’s death and not kill Mara Jade either.

I might be interested.