Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Most Missed Character
    NUMBER 1
    With 29 points and 6 number 1 votes
    Attachment 91679
    Wind dancer.

Sofia Elizabeth Mantega, also known as former New Warrior Renascence and formerly known as Wind Dancer, student at the Xavier Academy has been missing in action for more than a decade now. Last seen in 2008 in New Warriors Sofia a long time missing former team mate of Elixir, Prodigy and Icarus. Though she apparently kept the New Warriors tech after the team disbanded, we never saw her reappear. She always does wquite well in the Most Missed Category, but this is the first time she took the award home. Hope there will be a good reason not to vote for her for this year.
    C’mon.........X-Slack, are you listening??? We need her somewhere with her powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We always considered Mystique to be the monster evil one of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (later Freedom Force), but now we know who the real scary dangerous woman was in that team: Destiny.
    No, Mystique killed Carol Danvers's therapist/love interest with her bare hands just to get at Carol, she's still "real scary dangerous" lol. At least Irene had a very good reason for Moira's very painful death.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I thought more people were going to miss Teen Jean to be honest.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-15-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I thought more people were going to miss Teen Jean to be honest.
    Kinda hard to miss Teen Jean when Adult Jean has been doing so great. If Adult Jean hadn't returned, or if her return had been badly received, then Teen Jean prob would've made it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Shocking Moment of the Year

Those moments this year with most jaw-dropping plot twists that blew your mind, and made go yihaaaa, or made you sit and stare to the wall for hours or gave you nightmares, perhaps? Did the start of Krakoa as a mutant nation make you wanna move, or made the moment where Hope shot out an eye of Cyclops you keep on blinking? Well as shocking as these were, we here thought there were moments more shocking....All 3 of these moments surely stirred up a lot off talking on this board.

Number 3
    With 18 points and 3 X #1
    shock3.JPG
    Mutants can now be resurrected

The mutants can still die, but in some way they are now kind of immortal and can be resurrected. Well, resurrected is maybe not the right word, they are being regrown, injected by their DNA and memories and hatch. Will this continue? Probably not, as it requires The Five and not all of them will have a replacement.

Number 2
    With 42 points and 8 X #1
    shock2.JPG
    Moira's 10 lives.

Moira had been living multiple times and we never knew anything about it. Each lifetime she has tried to manipulate outcomes for mutants future and she had died in various ways, now she lives her possible last live. Let's hope for her Destiny does not come back to life.....

NUMBER 1
    With 71 points and 14 times voted as #1
    shock1.JPG
    Moira is a mutant

Moira is rightfully chosen as the breakout star of 2019 because not only did we find out she has lives lives before, but the reason why is that she turns out to be a mutant and none of us (and none of the X-Men) ever expected. Now she is out hiding somewhere on Krakoa and we have been teased there will come abook that focuses on Moira X in 2020. Cannot wait!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Funniest Moment of the Year

After shocking and bizarre moments there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Even tough humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when saw Glob Herman with his chickens, who he named Logan, Scott and Hope. This year one moment stood out far above the rest and it reminded me of the Cyclops getting hit by a brick moment of a few years back (who remembers that one?)

Number 3
    With 20 points and 4 X #1 votes
    Fun3.JPG
    Emma getting roasted by Hordeculture

Number 2
    With 21 points and twice number 1 voted
    Fun2.JPG
    Emma reaction when she is told to bring back Shaw just after she got rid of him

NUMBER 1
    With 53 points and 10 X #1 votes
    Fun1.JPG
    Kitty breaking her nose

Quote of the Year

“Say hello to the new Black King, darling.” - by Emma, was the quote winner of last year. Emma Frost said the year before “Not everything is about you" and that was the winner in 2017 and "Your nightmare was my love story” from Emma was the runner up. Also in 2016 it was also Emma: "Ideas Never Die" she said back then. Yup, leave it to Emma to make a bitchy, sharp or sarcastic remark. But this year Emma did not make the top 3 for the first time in years.

Some quotes had touched us deeply, like the "No more"by Charles Xavier in House of X, with his tear running from his X-helmet and there were those who marked a special moment, like the "Then it will be done" by Cyclops. But this years winners was a cruel remark by a woman we never knew could be so cruel.

Number 3
    With 14 points and 3 X #1 votes
    Q3.JPG
    "You have new gods now.” - Magneto

The opening arc of House of X, showed us the first glimpses of a new era, a new time and a new nation. Magneto showed some ambassadors the new state of the world today and how the new dividing between humans and mutants will be from now on.

Number 2
    With 20 points and 4 X #1 votes
    Q2.JPG
    "Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept the world changed.” - Xavier

Of course the rest of the world needed to be informed about this new state of the world as well, so Xavier used his updated version of Cerebra to contact world leaders, Managing Boards of companies, members of superhero teams and more with these already nostalgic words.

NUMBER 1
    With 33 points and 5 X#1 votes
    Q1.JPG
    "Burn Her. Slowly. I want her to remember how dying like this feels" - Destiny

Destiny showed her true colors during one of the lives of Moira X and she seems to be one of the few who would know about Moira's past lives. Destiny ordered to kill of Moira with this cruel-some quote and left us all out of breath for a few seconds....
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-17-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Wow no comments on these outcomes, hmmm. Okay, I'll continue then.

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

Many complaints were made by the lack of Gay-romance in the X-books this year, but actually romance was hard to find for anyone in the X-books in 2019. Let us hope love finds it's way back to the X-men in 2020. Good news is that Gambit and Rogue will remain both on Excalibur, there seems to be some flirtation going on between Pete Wisdom and Betsy and between Sunspot and Deathbird. Northstar will bring his husband Kyle along in X-Factor and we see a cover where all Cuckoos seems to be all Bond-girl like towards Kid-Cable. So it all looks promising. Luckely even-though Age of X-Man was not well received, it brought us some unexpected relationships like Nightcrawler/Meggan, Bishop/Jean and Blob/Psylocke. Results for 2019 are;

Number 3
    With 32 points and 5 X #1 scores
    kiss3.JPG
    Blob & Psylocke in Age of X-Man

During Age of X-Man, both Blob as Psylocke were part of the X-Tremists and love was forbidden. But the attraction between Freddie and Betsy was too strong and finally they gave in to it. It would have been fun if they would have kept that strong feeling when all was over (same applies to Bishop/Jean if it was up to me). But as both are starring in different books, we can forget that.

Number 2
    With 52 points and 13 times voted as #1
    kiss2.JPG
    Cyclops & Marvel-Girl

Finally, after decades, they are back together, the year before Jean Frey finally came back to life, only to find out that the love of her live ahad died in the meantime. When they were finally reunited Jean did not doubt a second to walk over to Scott for some serious lip locking. Which clearly put both Logan as Emma in the place where they belong. But that does not make them MMr. & Mrs. X of 2019, nope, that title goes to:

NUMBER 1
    With 64 points (10 X #1 votes)
    kiss1.JPG
    Gambit & Rogue

The couple of 2019 is the same as the previous year. Last year they unexpectedly got married and this year their stories continued in Mr. & Mrs. X and currently they are back on a team, together of course. The adorable couple are stronger than ever and we still see them as the favorite couple. Let us see if they will continue to get this award in 2020 as well.

Best Single Battle/Fight of the Year

Which fight was it this year that takes home the awards? Was it a one on one fight who won this year, or was it a groups X-Men versus an old villain? Did we love the sword fight between Magik and Raza most, Gambit versus Longshot or Old Man Logan versus his nemesis Sabretooth? Nope, though we loved those, we loved these fights even more.

Number 3
    With 18 points and twice voted as number one
    fight3.JPG
    Captain Kate Pryde versus the Russians

It never gets old, fighting Russians, apparently. Kitty Pryde seems to make a comeback at the end of 2019. Well, she was never gone, she was front and center all the time in Gold, but the Kitty we like has finlly returned. She is a bit on the rough side again and single handed beat up a squad of Russian soldiers. Hope to see more of this side of her in 2020 and we should gain back our love for Captain Kate Pryde.

Number 2
    With 40 points, 4 #1 votes
    fight2.JPG
    Apocalypse & Horsemen versus Nimrods and Sentinels

We actually did not see much of this fight and I for one would have loved to see who those Horsemen were. But what we saw of this fight seemed to be awesome. Give us more on this Marvel.

NUMBER 1
    With 63 points and twelve times voted as #1
    fight 1.JPG
    X-Men versus Orchis

It was to be expected that this fight did win this category as it clearly made a huge impression on all of us. Cyclops, Marvel-Girl, Husk, Nightcrawler, Monet/Penance, Wolverine, Mystique and Archangel took a spaceship towards Orchis and took out their biggest asset: MotherMold. At a high price, that is....

Getting in the final stages of the 2019 Annual X-Books Awards now....

Low Point of the Year 2019.

We all saw some groan-worthy moments in 2019, that made us embarrassed to be seen reading it by your friends and made you even consider getting a title of our pull-lists. In fact, some actually did. In 2018 the ultimate low point was that the X-office had Rachel possessed 3 times in one year. Well this year Rachel received a well deserved rest from that. This year Rosenberg wrote quite a few of the entries in this category for the past year. Disassembled was not appreciated and the useless return and death of Sunspot and the humiliation of Cyclops and Emma by Rosenberg received quite some votes, but there were moments even worst then those. Awkward is that all the low points were made in the first part (of the year (all before HoX/PoX.

Number 3
    With 37 points and 5 X #1 votes
    low3.JPG
    Blindfold killing herself

I think we already established during the previous awards that we did not appreciate all the death Rosenberg brought to Uncanny X-Men. One of those was the suicide of Ruth. The former girlfriend was maybe never the happiest person alive, but she did have a nice background story. Legion's ex-girlfriend decided to kill herself because all X-Men had died and the remaining mutants were killed off one by one. But could she not foresee that all would be alright? Now, with Moira demanding no precog can be on Krakoa, it remains a big question if Blindfold will be resurrected.

Number 2
    With 38 points and 7 number 1 voters.
    low2.JPG
    The way Wolfsbane died.

Finally Wolfsbane became an official X-Man and then she (and right before her Karma as well) decided to leave the team. If that wasn't out of character enough, she let normal flat-scans kill her off.

NUMBER 1
    With 45 points and 9 x #1 votes
    low1.JPG
    Age of X-Man in General

It does not happen often that many many X-Man fans dislike a X-over. But Age of X-Man was not appreciated much. There were a few good moments, but they did not make up for the out-of-character behavior of Nate Grey and the strange peaceful world he created, without love being allowed (!?) Nope it did not work and we were glad when it finally it ended and more possitive and promising moments followed.

High Light of the Year 2019

This is the cherry on the X-Books Awards cake: The moments we all loved. These were some of the moments that made us proud X-Men fans. This were the moments we were waiting for all those years. This are the moments that brought back the X-Men to the forefront and made us buy the books again, so well thatthe X-books selled so well this past year. Before announcing the top 3 let me highlight some other moments that were widely appreciated. The fact that all mutants are now living together on Krakoa, that the dead have been returned, thanks to The Five, the return of Emma and Sunspot finally living up his potential, made this year such a success.

Number 3
    With both 23 points and 4 X #1 votes
    high3.JPG
    All mutants together now and Marvel finally stepping up their X-Men game.

They are kind off connected anyway, and share the #3 spot. It is indeed great that all mutants are now finally living together and have their own state. I strongly believe the biggest hooray should be for the fact Marvel finally stepped up the X-Men game. It is been too long that Marvel had been neglecting the X-corner, just to piss-off Fox. The biggest victim were the fans (well and the Inhumans, LOL). I am sooo glad the sun is shining again and it seems 2020 promises more good to come!

Number 2
    With 24 points and 5 number 1 votes
    high2.JPG
    Jean passing Logan en Emma to kiss Scott.

This moment had SO MUCH feeling to it. It was first of all hilarious, but then it made a mark as well. Even-though Emma was Scott's girlfriend for over a decade and Logan has been a love interest for Jean, she made very very clear to the both of them Scott Summers is her man, sealed with a kiss. The warmest reunion of two long time lovers, who many consider the best X-couple of all.

NUMBER 1
    With 62 points and 13 x a #1 vote
    high1.JPG
    House of X / Powers of X in general

It will be not a surprise to anyone that this event was elected as the high light of the year. It announced a new era for our merry mutants. It brought us secret revelations we had never expected. It brought us new alliances. It brought back many we had lost. It brought us a mutant nation and it brought us the DAWN OF X!

Well,.... after putting in many many hours with this, it has come to an end!

Conclusions can be made that we did not like what was going on in the first part of 2019, but with House of X, Powers of X and now Dawn of X, we are now happy as we have not been for a long time. Thank you X-Office and keep up the current good work, we love it!!

Rests me to say it was again a major pleasure to do this and worth every minute.

Thanks to all those who took th time and effort to vote. There were more voters than the previous years and that made me happy, as it means we are happier to be X-Men fans.

Till next year and remember the good moments rather than the bad ones.

Stay positive...!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Thanks to you for doing this!