Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thank you for your hard work counting the votes.

Unfortunately as I am traveling and on vacation I have not been able to participate or post much in the last few days but I like to see how the forum members voted and what they think about the last year of the X-men.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wow no comments on these outcomes, hmmm. Okay, I'll continue then.
    You already spoke most eloquently for us all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Congrats! I finally was able to vote this year, loved your comments on the results.

Well,.... after putting in many many hours with this, it has come to an end!

Conclusions can be made that we did not like what was going on in the first part of 2019, but with House of X, Powers of X and now Dawn of X, we are now happy as we have not been for a long time. Thank you X-Office and keep up the current good work, we love it!!

Rests me to say it was again a major pleasure to do this and worth every minute.

Thanks to all those who took th time and effort to vote. There were more voters than the previous years and that made me happy, as it means we are happier to be X-Men fans.

Till next year and remember the good moments rather than the bad ones.

Stay positive...!
    Very well done. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I hope it was a labor of love.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Thanks for your hard work, MoS!

Justice for “Try harder Marvel Girl” but so happy for Wind Dancer!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Yeah, thank you for all the hours you put in, well done.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Your effort is greatly and delightfully appreciated, EM-O-ESS. This was the first year I voted and I'm already looking forward to the awards later this year, 2020.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The devil works hard but Master of Sound works harder. Thanks for doing this yet again. I agree that it is a relief for the X-Books and the brand as a whole to finally be at such a bright and healthy place, and folks like you make it all the more enjoyable with your dedication to ensuring a wonderful community experience, MoS. Cheers!

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

Many complaints were made by the lack of Gay-romance in the X-books this year, but actually romance was hard to find for anyone in the X-books in 2019. Let us hope love finds it's way back to the X-men in 2020. Good news is that Gambit and Rogue will remain both on Excalibur, there seems to be some flirtation going on between Pete Wisdom and Betsy and between Sunspot and Deathbird. Northstar will bring his husband Kyle along in X-Factor and we see a cover where all Cuckoos seems to be all Bond-girl like towards Kid-Cable. So it all looks promising. Luckely even-though Age of X-Man was not well received, it brought us some unexpected relationships like Nightcrawler/Meggan, Bishop/Jean and Blob/Psylocke. Results for 2019 are;

Number 3
    With 32 points and 5 X #1 scores
    Attachment 91777
    Blob & Psylocke in Age of X-Man

During Age of X-Man, both Blob as Psylocke were part of the X-Tremists and love was forbidden. But the attraction between Freddie and Betsy was too strong and finally they gave in to it. It would have been fun if they would have kept that strong feeling when all was over (same applies to Bishop/Jean if it was up to me). But as both are starring in different books, we can forget that.

Number 2
    With 52 points and 13 times voted as #1
    Attachment 91778
    Cyclops & Marvel-Girl

Finally, after decades, they are back together, the year before Jean Frey finally came back to life, only to find out that the love of her live ahad died in the meantime. When they were finally reunited Jean did not doubt a second to walk over to Scott for some serious lip locking. Which clearly put both Logan as Emma in the place where they belong. But that does not make them MMr. & Mrs. X of 2019, nope, that title goes to:

NUMBER 1
    With 64 points (10 X #1 votes)
    Attachment 91779
    Gambit & Rogue

The couple of 2019 is the same as the previous year. Last year they unexpectedly got married and this year their stories continued in Mr. & Mrs. X and currently they are back on a team, together of course. The adorable couple are stronger than ever and we still see them as the favorite couple. Let us see if they will continue to get this award in 2020 as well.
    Blob and betsy got the third place? WTH. why?

There is a problem when it make the count but not Bishop and Jean.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Congrats! I finally was able to vote this year, loved your comments on the results.
    Thanks and it was my pleasure
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Very well done. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I hope it was a labor of love.
    It was indeed. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The devil works hard but Master of Sound works harder. Thanks for doing this yet again. I agree that it is a relief for the X-Books and the brand as a whole to finally be at such a bright and healthy place, and folks like you make it all the more enjoyable with your dedication to ensuring a wonderful community experience, MoS. Cheers!
    Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Blob and betsy got the third place? WTH. why?

There is a problem when it make the count but not Bishop and Jean.
    Bishop and Jean was a plot device to get him into Prisoner X and had no development. Blob/Betsy was an actual subplot which did give the two development in their book. Almost no one cared for Bishop/Jean whereas there was buzz for Blob/betsy. Its not surprising that one made top 3 and the other ddint

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bishop and Jean was a plot device to get him into Prisoner X and had no development. Blob/Betsy was an actual subplot which did give the two development in their book. Almost no one cared for Bishop/Jean whereas there was buzz for Blob/betsy. Its not surprising that one made top 3 and the other ddint
    Yeah. Bishop/Jean existed for like... 1 issue? And there was really no reason for it. They just needed some woman to get with Bishop. Betsy and Blob was something the writer was actually invested in. Sorry spirit, but the potential of Jean and Lucas exists only in your head.

Is Leah allowed to reference Age of X-Man since she’s gonna be writing Blob again real soon? Cause Betsy’s a pretty big force on Krakoa and there’s probably some stuff left unsaid between them...