Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 1
    With 36 points (5 x #1 votes)
    Glob Herman

Poor guy, ever since they gave Glob a role more to the forefront, people hated him bi time. He stole the fun position from Rockslide, I've heard people say. Maybe that is it? I actually found his quite cute in NextGen. He was the number two last year, now he was voted the worst of all. Sorry Glob, but I think you will remain being the least popular X-Man for a while.
    The worst thing is the X Staff knows that Glob is very unpopular. Can't wait see to see him returning to limbo where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It makes no sense for Kitty to be the third least favourite hero. She's the headliner of one of the better DoX books. She has a rad new look, attitude, and role. The book is playing up her relationships with characters not named Peter/Piotr. She's nothing like she was in Gold where she was very unlikable. Don't punish the character for 2018.

Happy to see Jean in second but yeah people complained nonstop here and on twitter so that's weird.
    Thats the thing, people have different opinions and many people on here think that Kitty still sucks

As for Jean, the category was favorite X-man, not who had the best year. People complain about how she was written yet still love her as a character in spite of it

Kitty suffered from both X-Men Gold and Age of X-Man . She went from my favorite character to "i don't know this girl but i hate her". That's why she is still third.

Now she returned recently to a likeable character, so i'm not worried for her popularity this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Kitty suffered from both X-Men Gold and Age of X-Man . She went from my favorite character to "i don't know this girl but i hate her". That's why she is still third.

Now she returned recently to a likeable character, so i'm not worried for her popularity this year.
    Agreed. Wiping away the aftertaste of a bad year (and more) is a lot to ask of four issues of any book, even one as fun as Marauders has been.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Usually the people that complains is very vocal but relatively few.
    All the noise makes it seem like everybody thinks in a certain way when the truth is different.
    The fact that about 25% of the people who voted skipped the Least Favorites votings, says also that some just do not like to be negative.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The fact that about 25% of the people who voted skipped the Least Favorites votings, says also that some just do not like to be negative.
    As one of those voters...yes, to a certain degree.
    But I also felt that I couldn't objectively rate the options if I never read them. I skipped entirely everything X between XM:Red 11 and HoX 01. And yes I read the readers' responses here and elsewhere but, those are other people's points of view, not my own. (Even-though I VEHEMENTLY DETEST EVERYTHING LIEFELD I can't objectively vote for him because I didn't read his books).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed. Wiping away the aftertaste of a bad year (and more) is a lot to ask of four issues of any book, even one as fun as Marauders has been.
    And she was only in 3 of those issues, with only 2 out when voting started

Is Glob really that bad? I feel like he gets way more attention online than he does in the books (aside from NextGen).

Personally, he's just...there. Which is far worse than being bad, because he's just taking up panel space without adding anything of import to the story.
    Thankfully, he's easily ignored (at least he is, for me).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Is Glob really that bad? I feel like he gets way more attention online than he does in the books (aside from NextGen).
    The problem is writers always using him, when he has little to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally, he's just...there. Which is far worse than being bad, because he's just taking up panel space without adding anything of import to the story.
    Thankfully, he's easily ignored (at least he is, for me).
    Right. I haven't made any secret about the fact that I'd rather see characters I already like used in place of Glob or Armor, but also... Brisson has used Glob pretty regularly since he started writing the X-Books, literally years ago at this point, and he still has a personality that's remarkable only for its blandness. The closest he comes to having personality traits are that he has a noteworthy design (which wasn't anything the current writer had a hand in) and being an occasional sad sack. He's like... a placeholder waiting for an idea, I suppose. At least he was good as comic relief in Spider-Man and the X-Men.

Part of me wonders if this is just an issue with Brisson when it comes to the younger characters in general, though. Most of them have had interchangeable personalities under his pen, it's just that Glob and Armor are the ones we see the most of.

His design stands out for what it is but I won't necessarily call it note-worthy...most of the times it's like: There's this huge pink blob in the middle of my panel. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The problem is writers always using him, when he has little to offer
    Not writers; its only Brisson that has a hard on for him and unfortunately he has written alot of X-men material in recent history. if Brisson is writing a book, there's a 90% chance Glob will be there. Im surrpised he didnt include a future version in his X-force despite the character being in AoX , where Brisson did write for him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dont recall all my voting choices but love that X-force (Percy) got voted best book
    Love it too!

Mighty Member

It's funny how Glob and Kitty get hate thanks to their respective writer's loving them, but I agree. I think in both cases it's like arrested development. Guggenheim's obsession is from a childhood crush it seems whereas Brisson's obession with Glob is less understood. I think Brisson seems himself in Glob as a teen and that's why he loves him so much. Glob comes off a bit too incel like for me to really root for him. I also hated Guggenheim's Kitty but am becoming a fan thanks to Duggan. Kitty had years of history to save her from bad writing though. Glob doesn't. Even Hickman writing him can't make me like him at this point.