Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

LOL The descriptions for the "least favorite" winners are so savage!

BANNED

Liefeld reading these results:

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 1
    With 50 points and 12 times voted as number 1
    Attachment 91251
    Major X One-shot

The absolute winner, with double the points of number two. The whole mini-series was bad, but this one-shot was the rotten cherry on a tasteless cake. Rob just doesn't have it anymore. He is still stuck in the 90's. I think none of us want him to return for another Major X episode in 2020. In fact, with all the negativity on this, I doubt we will ever see this character and support cast again.
    NUMBER 1
    With 47 points and 8 times voted as #1
    Attachment 91302
    Major X

The number one in the category Least Favorite mini series is rightfully at the number one spot, if you ask me. Like the one-shot, the mini series of Weapon X was one big failure and massive disappointment., a total waste of well earned money. I do not think we will ever see the main character, or the newly created support cast ever again.
    Least Favorite Writer of the Year.
    NUMBER 1
    With 51 points and seven #1 votes
    Attachment 91364
    Rob Liefeld

Yeah Robbie, your return to the X-office was no success at all. You seem to be stuck in the 90's and all of your characters feel a bit the same of previous ones you created. And did you really need to create soooo many new characters, just for one mini series? Your title Major X was definitely one of the biggest failures of 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Least Favorite Artist of the Year
    NUMBER 1
    With 64 points and 13 number one voters.
    Attachment 91371
    Rob Liefeld

Poor poor Rob Liefeld, not only voted as the worst writer of the year, but also as the worst artist. What is there to say, he draws still the same way as always, still loves the big shoulder pads and still like to give his characters a similar hairdo. I seriously doubt if Rob will ever leave the 90's.
    LOL
    10chara
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-09-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    LOL
    10chara
    You missed the "least favorite artist" one!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You missed the "least favorite artist" one!
    phew fixed it. forgot attachments aren’t considered images.

Just emailed you my votes. I'm super late so I understand if you can't count them

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL The descriptions for the "least favorite" winners are so savage!
    ...and yet so very true.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Mighty Member

The second least favorite artist was shocking, I personally think Salvador's art is good.

I expect Apocalypse and the X-Tracts was the primary cause of Seeley making it into the bottom three this year, but it's still kind of a shocker. If nothing else, I feel like the Shatterstar mini should have earned him some goodwill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    LOL
    10chara

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I expect Apocalypse and the X-Tracts was the primary cause of Seeley making it into the bottom three this year, but it's still kind of a shocker. If nothing else, I feel like the Shatterstar mini should have earned him some goodwill.
    Sadly I don't think enough people read that...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Just emailed you my votes. I'm super late so I understand if you can't count them
    You are lucky. I have added your votes and actually to did make two outcome changes!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Favorite Hero/Heroine of 2019

We have a lot of favorites polls on this board and we know what characters are loved. But every year some stand out a bit more than others. Some got some great focus, made an awesome development or were brought back to us in an awesome way. Last year the top 3 was Jean, Gambit and Rogue. Jean made the top 3 again, but Gambit takes spot 5 and Rogue (and Storm) spot 6. Number 4 is for Moira X. This year the most popular heroes were:

Number 3
    With 26 points (5 X #1 votes)
    hero+3.JPG
    Emma Frost, the White Queen

Though she has barely been a hero lately, she is still seen as one apparently. Now, for me, Emma has to prove she is worthy of being called an X-Man again.

Number 2
    With 40 points and seven number one votes
    hero+2.JPG
    Jean Grey, Marvel-Girl

Currently in Dawn of X, she has taken back the code-name Marvel-Girl and a updated version of her old costume as well. Last year she won in this category, probably because it was the year she returned from the dead once more. Jean has played an important role this year and has a well deserved ranking, if you ask me.

NUMBER 1
    With 46 points and receiving 7 number 1 votes
    hero+1.JPG
    Scott Summers, Cyclops

As I did expect, Cyclops has won in this category. Last year he was one of the most missed characters and the announcement of his return scored really well. The leader of the X-Men has returned and played his role as leader/general really well again. Well done Scott!
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-10-2020 at 05:32 AM.

You're playing with fire with this Emma description!!!

Least Favorite Hero/Heroine of 2019

You have heroes who were once favorites, but were written in such a way that we lost the love for them and others, we just never cared for at all. There are those who deserve a break. Some of them were pushed so hard down our throats that we just could not swallow it anymore and also in this category, Rob Liefelt's unpopular return reflects here as well, as Major X was the runner-up. We have one reoccurring character: Glob Herman was 2nd last year. That years number 3 was 'a man called X', who did better this year.

Number 3
    With 27 points and four times receiving the #1 vote
    hero -3.JPG
    Kate Pryde, the Red Queen

Last year she was the overall big winner of least favorite hero, as her role in X-Men Gold was hated by many. I think this position is mostly still the result of that period. In HoX/PoX she barely played a role, but her current Captain Kate/ Red Queen role fits her way better. If she continues like this, I bet she will no longer be in this top 3 next year.

Number 2
    With 33 pints and four #1 votes
    hero - 2.JPG
    Quentin Quire, Kid Omega

Strange to see Quentin Quire here, as he was also voted as one of the most popular mutants on the Cast of a non-X-book, where he came in 5th. I will admit I use to hate this guy, but I loved him in West Coast Avengers and currently in X-Force. Is his past earning this position? I do honestly not know, but over the past years he has never received much love from the CBR X-books fans.

NUMBER 1
    With 36 points (5 x #1 votes)
    [ATTACH=]91440[/ATTACH]
    Glob Herman

Poor guy, ever since they gave Glob a role more to the forefront, people hated him bi time. He stole the fun position from Rockslide, I've heard people say. Maybe that is it? I actually found his quite cute in NextGen. He was the number two last year, now he was voted the worst of all. Sorry Glob, but I think you will remain being the least popular X-Man for a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-10-2020 at 06:20 AM.