Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You're playing with fire with this Emma description!!!
    I like playing with fire :-) and it's my pov
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I followed the X-Books award voting thread, and participated in the voting, so I new that Captain Kate/Red queen was racking up most disliked votes. I still have a hard time understanding why though. I know she wasn't well received as leader of X-Men Gold. I didn't care for her in that position. She's not meant to be the overly serious leader character such as Cyclops. But, this was this past years awards voting, not a referendum on her role in previous years. This new role seems to fit her much better as Master of Sound pointed out. At least it does in my opinion.

Are people just upset that Kitty is in a leadership role instead of their favorite character? Do some readers just not like the pirate theme of Marauders?

Is it just because Kitty isn't a particularly favorite character of mine, and I just don't understand the character the way that her fans do and therefore I am missing out on bad character work that her fans feel that she is getting?

I don't really care how fans vote during Master of Sounds X-Boook awards thread. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I just really don't understand what it is that caused Captain Kate to receive so many votes for least favorite character

BANNED

lol how did Cyclops and Jean win so many votes for best hero after a year of whining about how they were being ruined. Their ungrateful fanbases should apologize to Matt Rosenberg and Jon Hickman since they evidently did a great job with them.

Thievery, I didn't participate in the voting sadly --- totally spaced -- but I'd been displeased with Kitty since the Schism days. X-Men Gold only worsened the sour taste in my mouth, but I must confess that Duggan's KATE is a whole other animal that I thoroughly enjoy.

It feels great to love KATE.

Favorite Villain or Villain Team of 2019

Last years winner did not Cassandra Nova and the number 3 (Shadowking), did both not appear this year. This year we were introduced with some brand new villains, who scored quite well. The villains were written really well this year. We also saw former X-Men member Omega Sentinel Karima become a villain and another, Spiral, finally regaining her soul and we were treated by great performances of old time villains such as Destiny, Dark Beast, Morgan le Fay and our runner-up for 2019; Apocalypse. These were your most favorites though;

Number 3
    With 35 points and 5 number 1 votes
    villain+3.JPG
    Orchis

It actually quite unique for an organisation or team to reach this top 3, as it rarely happens. Mostly this top 3 consist only solo villains. But The combination of Captain Erasmus Mendel , his wife Doctor Alia Gregor and Omega Sentinel Karima and Mother Mold, was a great and formidable threat for the X-Men. Killing of a whole squad of A-listers. Let us hope we will see way more of them in 2020.

Number 2
    With 41 points and 7 times a highest vote
    villain+2.JPG
    Mister Sinister

Most of the times Essex comes to the X-books, it promises a great story and a big threat. Currently he is a mutant having his home at Bar Sinister on Krakoa, where his biggest achievement is spreading riddles and rumors of which we all desperately trying to solve what they mean and besides that, being an important member of the Council, alongside Mystique and Exodus. We will surely see more of his plans in 2020.

NUMBER 1
    With 46 points and also getting 7 number 1 votes
    villain+1.JPG
    Nimrod the Lesser

This future version of Nimrod was not only very cruel, he also had a great sense of humor and even-though is was active 100 years into an optional future, we all hope we have not seen the last of him.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-10-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    villain+1.JPG
    Nimrod the Lesser[/B]
    This future version of Nimrod was not only very cruel, he also had a great sense of humor and even-though is was active 100 years into an optional future, we all hope we have not seen the last of him.
    Still want my Nimrod the Lesser plushie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol how did Cyclops and Jean win so many votes for best hero after a year of whining about how they were being ruined. Their ungrateful fanbases should apologize to Matt Rosenberg and Jon Hickman since they evidently did a great job with them.
    It's a popularity contest. People are gonna vote for their faves. I'm not ashamed.

Least Favorite Villain or Villain Team of 2019

For every well written, or popular villain, there s one we do not like as such. The number one did die, so we will not see his head again. Poor Nate Grey, he was once the breakout star of the Age of Apocalypse. He did have a succesfull solo book and gained new popularity when he was part of the New Mutants and dated Moonstar. Well that has all changed in 2019 and we did not like him in his new role at all. For me the worst written villain was President Constantin from X-Force by Brisson & Burnett. I think the reason he did not end up in the top 3 was that barely anyone did read that series. Oh and by the way, none of the top 3 of last year (Lydia Nance, Mesmero and Mojo) appeared this year. So they did take the break we wanted them to take. Runner-up fo this category was Ahab. My prediction for 2020 in the top 3: Apoth, he is sooo lame, don't you think so?

Number 3
    With 25 point and 4 X #1 voted
    villain-3.JPG
    Dark Beast

Funny thing is, every year Dark Beast returns, he ends high up is the most disliked villains election and this time he did it again. It is time the X-Office learns that we do not like this villain. He and a big danger, he ain't funny and he ain't likable. This time he got killed off in a awesome way though, he was transported into the ceiling buy Magik. Let's hope he will not get a golden egg on Krakoa....

Number 2
    With 51 point and 9 times a #1 vote
    villain-2.JPG
    Name Grey, X-Man

How to ruin a good character? Well make him a hippie, no no, make him a villain, no wait wait, even better,... make him a hippie-villain! Yeah one who wants to make the world a better place by brainwashing everybody, because that makes really no sense. Maybe our readers love that? Well,... sorry,... we did not!

Number 1
    With 52 points and 10 number 1 votes
    villain-1.JPG
    General Callahan

Another awesome idea, let us create a human villain who then hates Mutants. let him somehow control some mutants and make him want to cure or kill ALL MUTANTS. That has neven been done before, oh, wait.... William Stryker, oh... Leaper Queen,... oh.... Graydon Creed, oh...Lydia Nance, yeah X-Office we have seen it all before and this one was not original at all. Come up with some original ideas for 2020, please.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Still want my Nimrod the Lesser plushie.
    If they would create on, it would me a major succes. I surely will buy one as well!

Breakout Star of the Year

Which characters made the jump to the forefront of the X-Men comics this year? Skirting the edge of, had exciting focus, or developments? We saw a person we thought had died make a return and it turned out she has returned for many times before. She is a mutant and we did not know. Then there was an Island who killed sevaral X-Men in the past, who became their home nation. Yes, it does sound weird, doesn't it? HoX and PoX delivered us some great breakout stars this year and these were the ones who you considered to be the biggest breakout stars of 2019.

Number 3
    Receiving 21 points and 3 voters who had him as their #1
    Break+3.JPG
    Apocalypse

Leave it up to Apocalypse to make an impression. Well,... let's be honest, his appearance in Age of X-Man was more than stupid, as mister free love and LSD. But thank Hickman for HoX, PoX and DoX, in which En Sabah Nur managed to shine as he did before. Now he choose to use a Krakoan name and goes by ▪︎-|A|-▪︎.

Number 2
    Getting 23 points and 2 number one votes
    Break+2.JPG
    Krakoa

Yeahh, if one character went through some massive changes in 2019, then it is Krakoa. I do not know if this is the Kid Krakoa that we had seen on the grounds of the JGS, or if this is the one that killed Petra nad Sway and was blown into space. It might even be a brand new Krakoa. Perhaps others have paid closer attention. But at least this version is really cool and has a big big responsibility: Being the mutants nation.

NUMBER 1
    With 25 number one votes, collecting 103 points in total.
    Break+1.JPG
    Moira (MacTaggert) X

This was expected of course. This year there was mainly focus on the ten lives of Moira and the way she lived those lives. She came back and broke out in a way no one would have ever guessed. Yeah Moira has made her mark in 2019 and then some.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-10-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Wow the Jean and Scott vote was so close! Tied with #1s and the secondary votes decided the winner. LOL at Kitty being on list for least favorite. She still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Just bc the writing sucks doesnt mean we hate our favorites and wont turn out for them. I thank Percy for Jean ending 2019 on a good note bc if not for X-Force, the year would have been a complete waste for her

Oh I wish Kwannon had made it into breakout.

Thanks for counting my vote last minute!!!!

It makes no sense for Kitty to be the third least favourite hero. She's the headliner of one of the better DoX books. She has a rad new look, attitude, and role. The book is playing up her relationships with characters not named Peter/Piotr. She's nothing like she was in Gold where she was very unlikable. Don't punish the character for 2018.

Happy to see Jean in second but yeah people complained nonstop here and on twitter so that's weird.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Usually the people that complains is very vocal but relatively few.
    All the noise makes it seem like everybody thinks in a certain way when the truth is different.