Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

It's Xavier. The whole hiding behind the helmet thing was more aesthetic than anything. All of this would feel empty if it wasn't the real Xavier anyway, so I'm glad they cleared that up.

Lol at this conspiracy. That page was literally Hickman telling the humans and us that he's just Xavier and he's not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's his bedroom eyes. His eyes change color when he wants to bang someone.

DF6nxJkWAAAXICX.jpg

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I just think Yu intended for the reader to connect very sympathetically to Xavier in those panels. His humanity, and effectively, the uncanny valley of mutantity by playing up those hyper blue eyes. The expressions were key in this issue especially as the dynamic of Magneto- whose panels were all about the predatory element, presented with very little eye contact. Whereas Xavier needed for us the reader and the delegates to see the lamb.

Xavier's helmet is used exactly like Magneto's, to humanize or dehumanize them according to the panel.

He looks older than in Soule's Astonishing…
    The writer intented him to be the real Xavier… I suppose.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

That was definitely Xavier . And wow what a moment, I wasn’t expecting it to hit me like that. the ice blue eyes helped that effect heaps so I’m not mad. 1000 props to Yu for this absolute gem of an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He looks older than in Soule's Astonishing…
    The writer intented him to be the real Xavier… I suppose.
    He looks different than he did in AXM. He looks like he's back in his original body, not the one he altered from Fantomex. Im assuming he transferred his mind into one of the husks that were made for Proteus. If thats the case, it kinda sucks if he didnt bring back Fantomex

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He looks different than he did in AXM. He looks like he's back in his original body, not the one he altered from Fantomex. Im assuming he transferred his mind into one of the husks that were made for Proteus. If thats the case, it kinda sucks if he didnt bring back Fantomex
    Very in characer for Xavier LOL but why would you want a older body

in any moment hoxpoxdox made a reference to last AXM? I wonder if Fantomex will hav more stories on the weapon plus storyline

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Very in characer for Xavier LOL but why would you want a older body

in any moment hoxpoxdox made a reference to last AXM? I wonder if Fantomex will hav more stories on the weapon plus storyline
    Did we ever see him without his helmet in HOX/POX in present day. I guess I just assumed it was his body, which Jean of course transferred his mind into;

I dont recall any direct references to AXM but HoX is clearly a followup to his final scene from Soule's run. Im really interested in hearing about Fantomex now bc that would be so f--ked up of Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's Xavier. The whole hiding behind the helmet thing was more aesthetic than anything. All of this would feel empty if it wasn't the real Xavier anyway, so I'm glad they cleared that up.
    I'd say that the only anticlimactic thing about it is that it seems to completely ignore the entire X plot point from Astonishing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'd say that the only anticlimactic thing about it is that it seems to completely ignore the entire X plot point from Astonishing.
    And good riddance

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    An easy fix would be to say that the centuries of battle with SK was what made Charles go "hol up, it's Krakoa time". Not that I liked Soule's Astonishing as a whole, but it would tie it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    An easy fix would be to say that the centuries of battle with SK was what made Charles go "hol up, it's Krakoa time". Not that I liked Soule's Astonishing as a whole, but it would tie it up nicely.
    The plot point from AXM was him taking Fantomex' body and that seemingly is ignored. The Krakoa stuff actually ties well together already and doesnt ignore the final scene of Soule's run

I think the mystery surrounding Xavier behind the helmet wasn't really a mystery. At most, it was a tease from Hickman and Larraz. There were no direct hints that there was something strange under the helmet or that Xavier was hiding something. That's not to say he isn't. He may still be hiding something that won't come out until down the line, but him wearing the helmet has little to do with it.

We've seen Xavier keep secrets before. A few have been quite bad, to say the least. But he's good at keeping them. If he has secrets about Krakoa he's not telling anyone, I don't think he'd rely on a fancy helmet to hide them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.