Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default would Y'all preferred a Marvel Vs Capcom comic series rather than another game?

I mean, We could've gotten more mileage out of that

Sort of over video games unless its an old style puzzle game. However I would buy a X-men vs Streetfighter game on PC.

Not interested in the rest of Marvel so I wouldnt waste money on MVsC.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

no ...................................

Marvel vs Capcom was a fun game in its day. But there is only so much you can do with that. Maybe release a couple new characters or something. That is the problem with fighting games. They dont really change from one version to the next other then new characters. I played Street fighter on The Xbox 360 and couldnt tell the difference from the one from Snes other then some character changes.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Rather just a Marvel fighting game

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Marvel vs Capcom was a fun game in its day. But there is only so much you can do with that. Maybe release a couple new characters or something. That is the problem with fighting games. They dont really change from one version to the next other then new characters. I played Street fighter on The Xbox 360 and couldnt tell the difference from the one from Snes other then some character changes.
    I think that's part of the reason why the genre mainly does DLC nowadays. Instead of creating a new game they just keep adding characters and updates to the game. I think it's the better path in the longrun.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Dunno, haven't played much of MvC in years. Not sure how well received the more recent installments have been, but Capcom properties have made for some great comics in the past. A comics series with the right creative team could probably make some magic happen. It wouldn't be an easy feat trying to make all of the competing universes into a coherent plot, but I'm sure it could be done.

Just get Jim Zub to do it, his Street Fighter comics were great.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

No.

A new game with a companion comic? Yes.

Or even just a new all-Marvel fighting game from Capcom like Marvel Super Heroes.

I love the marvel vs capcom games personally... but if I had a choice, I'd rather get something else simply because mvc games seems to be all we're getting in recent years. Even with the boom of the MCU movies, that sucess hasn't translated into any games outside the app stuff. No love for the consoles.

If DC can do a DCU Online game, so can marvel.

I wouldn't have minded a tie in comic. Or a comic based on the game's story.
    But I definitely wouldn't sacrifice the game for it.
    Even if the latest version of the game kind of sucked.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I love the marvel vs capcom games personally... but if I had a choice, I'd rather get something else simply because mvc games seems to be all we're getting in recent years. Even with the boom of the MCU movies, that sucess hasn't translated into any games outside the app stuff. No love for the consoles.

If DC can do a DCU Online game, so can marvel.
    That might change with Marvel's Avengers coming out this year, and that's also getting promotional comic prequels.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

MvC Infinite came out in 2017 and was failure both financially and with fans of the series to point it wasn't even at Evo the following year.

I'd say it'll be well over a decade before Capcom feels enough time has past to try again when people have forgotten about Infinite and are once again nostalgic about the series.

Saying that I wouldn't mind another developer taking a shot at a Marvel-only fighting game, personally I'd base it off Avengers vs X-men, it'd make a statement/apology to fans after Infinite notorisely left out any Fox related characters and its a hero vs hero conflict that you could build an in-game story around.

BANNED

They need to make a game like this again Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects “Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects” that game would play well by today’s standards. I’d argue that it plays better then MK and Injustice because when you’re playing player vs player or even story mode you’re not limited to movement just back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That might change with Marvel's Avengers coming out this year, and that's also getting promotional comic prequels.
    Yeah, I'm hopeful the Avengers game blows up and we get more marvel games. Honestly though I think the trailers have been only so-so. But fingers crossed we get a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    MvC Infinite came out in 2017 and was failure both financially and with fans of the series to point it wasn't even at Evo the following year.
    That's mostly because the line-up sucked since Marvel shot Capcom in the foot by restricting characters. Doing a Marvel vs. Capcom without Wolverine is borderline blasphemous considering there wouldn't even be a Marvel vs. Capcom without X-Men vs. Street Fighter (or even reaching back further, X-Men: Children of the Atom).

The game itself was fine. Basically just an amped up Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans