View Poll Results: What’s Your Preferred Physique for Wonder Woman?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toned, Defined and Muscular

35 55.56%
  • Slim or Lithe, like Supergirl

2 3.17%
  • A Soft Mix Between Slim and Toned

25 39.68%
  • Other

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I liked that story arc (which returned WW to the JLA), I hated the way the bird was drawn, the large white belt and Diana's suddenly shorter, blunt hair style.
    The white belt makes it look like the colorist was incomplete, but I don’t mind the shorter hair simply because how often do we see Diana with shorter hair?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I liked that story arc (which returned WW to the JLA), I hated the way the bird was drawn, the large white belt and Diana's suddenly shorter, blunt hair style.
    But the thread is about her physique not fashion. Bob Oksner is one of my favourite artists and noted for drawing the female form. I love the beauty of his ink lines--a very clean style. Even though he had rare opportuniity to draw Diana, Bob drew many different versions of her in the 1940s, 1960s and 1970s. Here's his cover for SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE 136, from around the same time as WW 212, where the fashion is a bit different and she has a yellow belt.

But the white belt was common at the time--and it goes back to the original design for Diana by H.G. Peter. I can see why Peter gave her a white belt because the belt is supposed to be separate and not part of the golden eagle element, so the different colour makes that clear. The belt wasn't established as yellow until 1975. I didn't like how most artists drew the eagle in the 1970s, but I like how Oksner drew it on the 212 cover to make clear those are bird's wings and not some weird breast covering.

oh, pardon moi, for mentioning costume/hair!

I know the white belt was original, and separate from other parts of the costume, but not the way it was drawn on that cover with up and down points. Originally it only had an upper point. The white belt was also for E-2 version, while the E-1 WW has always had yellow (unless miscolored).

Toned and athletic, more than Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter, who are both beautiful and look fit, but they don't look very athletic to me. If WW trained her whole life, she should be quite athletic looking and show more muscle definition. She should still look quite feminine and beautiful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Toned and athletic, more than Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter, who are both beautiful and look fit, but they don't look very athletic to me. If WW trained her whole life, she should be quite athletic looking and show more muscle definition. She should still look quite feminine and beautiful, though.
    Something like this. Broad shoulders, well defined arms and very strong legs, but still a beautiful woman.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

The artist's depiction that amazed me in recent times is: Jason Fabok! not sure how to post pics on here but I'm talking about the look circa the Darkseid War in New 52 Justice League..WW looks amazing and powerful...

I also like Terry Dodson, and Yannick Paquette's versions.

I think she should be tall for a woman, say 6", but not as tall as tall men can be these days a good few inches past this.

Jon

So glad that other official DC projects are acknowledging that Diana is physically BIG with her stats at 6'2" (without heels) and weight at a solid 180 lbs.

Great job, SUPERHERO GIRLS!

Somewhere between Perez/Jimenez and Cooke.

Ultimately, I can usually go with most physiques. It just depends if I like how the artist draws it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Triathlete, since it covers what the Ancient Greek warrior does like running and swimming, but not too specific like each branch of the Olympic athlete, while still believable that she can do all the Olympic branches related to her ability such as javelin throwing and high jumping.

So toned, athletic, but not weigh lifter big.

Wait, no... triathlon is just running, swimming, and cycling. What's that sport that covers everything including weight lifting and pulling?

Cross fit! Cross-fit athlete! That's what I was aiming for.
    What about "pentathlon"?

I voted for toned and muscular; just don't make her Superman with breasts. But I'm more interested in her personality and ideals. Superman is idealistic; Batman is intimidating; but what is Diana's essence? IMHO having her kill Maxwell Lord was a step in the right direction: willing to do what's necessary, even if it's grim.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Jack Kirby drew her like this in Super Powers (1985), though I’m not sure how many people would prefer this:

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Terry Dodson is my favourite Wonder Woman artist:
    Q2LGunG.jpg

While I've always said Gemma Arterton is my dream casting for Wonder Woman cause she has both the look and physique:
    gemma-arterton.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So glad that other official DC projects are acknowledging that Diana is physically BIG with her stats at 6'2" (without heels) and weight at a solid 180 lbs.

Great job, SUPERHERO GIRLS!

Yes!! I love the Ht and Wt. Perfect for the Champion of the Amazons!

All-New Member

Lynda Carter is, and has been, and probably will be the best Wonder Woman, as far as physical appearance is concerned.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YZQIsIsagYzeM/giphy.gif

As for the cartoon version, I'd say this one from The Justice League...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ktPDzGEpxWGxW/giphy.gif

From the comics, I'd say I'm partial to this one...

WW GP.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Cliff Chiang illustrated my favourite WW physique...Tall, imposing, strong, solid.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreek View Post
    Lynda Carter is, and has been, and probably will be the best Wonder Woman, as far as physical appearance is concerned.

Lynda Carter was reported as 5'11" and 135 at that time.