View Poll Results: What’s Your Preferred Physique for Wonder Woman?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toned, Defined and Muscular

35 55.56%
  • Slim or Lithe, like Supergirl

2 3.17%
  • A Soft Mix Between Slim and Toned

25 39.68%
  • Other

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Strong, athletic, curvaceous, statuesque, and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I like PJ's the best. Broad-shouldered, clearly strong, not overly sinewy:

Attachment 91272

And I am uber excited about this:

Attachment 91275
    Other than Cookes interpretation, I gotta go with the first pic. It's perfect
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Toned, defined, muscular and athletic. Also tall.

And ideally, comic book "standards" notwithstanding, relatively "realistic" looking (i.e. each breast shouldn't be the same size as her head, her waist should be thicker than her forearm, her feet shouldn't be smaller than the palm of her hand).

As others have mentioned, it also comes down to *how* Diana is drawn, irrespective of her body type. If she's drawn to be confident, impressive and imposing, that's all good. When Diana is contorted into Playboy centrefold type positions and where her clothing is tiny, impossibly thin material / fitting like "painted skin" (even where it is armoured) and magically covers the bare essentials while revealing everything else, then it doesn't matter what her body type is - it's not for me.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Garcia-Lopez gets it right as usual.

"At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Apart from what I mentioned earlier, I think one problem a lot of comics artists have is drawing female hips. The Garcia-Lopez cover that SteveGus posted is but one example: her hips are not really accentuated enough, and with a large bust it gives her a far too masculine profile.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I voted mix of both. Something very much like Gina Carano, who has definite feminine curves and sex appeal, but you can tell has muscle, too.

The above only applies to the comic book version. I have zero problem w. Gail Gadot’s live action portrayal.

She needs skull-crushing thighs.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I voted "other" because none of the descriptions sounded like the Dodson's version to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I voted "other" because none of the descriptions sounded like the Dodson's version to me.
    How would you describe it? I do like the way they draw her. My avatar is drawn by them! :]

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Apart from what I mentioned earlier, I think one problem a lot of comics artists have is drawing female hips. The Garcia-Lopez cover that SteveGus posted is but one example: her hips are not really accentuated enough, and with a large bust it gives her a far too masculine profile.
    This Garcia-Lopez cover is atypical of him, for what it’s worth. I enjoy his Diana and would never describe her as masculine.
    Last edited by Largo161; 01-09-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    How would you describe it? I do like the way they draw her. My avatar is drawn by them! :]

The Dodson’s draw one my favorite versions of Diana. I’d describe it as simply “strong and curvy”. She looks very solid and imposing without defined muscles.

I also don’t mind a slim Diana—a la Nicola Scott. She’s also among my favorites.

I’m not a fan of female body builder renditions.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

"zoftig
    Use the adjective zoftig to describe an attractively curvy or voluptuous woman.

When you talk about your zoftig friend, you are describing her as well-proportioned, healthy, and shapely. Zoftig women aren't skinny — they are pleasantly curvaceous. It's more common to spell the word zaftig instead of zoftig, but both spellings are correct and come from the Yiddish zaftik, or "juicy." Its root, in turn, is the Middle German saft, "juice."
    "

"statuesque
    If your favorite teacher is as beautiful and impressive as a statue in a museum, go ahead and describe her as statuesque.

Statuesque means "like a statue," in the sense that someone is dignified, good looking, and maybe a little intimidating. It's an adjective that is almost always used to describe a tall woman, and while it's a compliment, it can sometimes be interpreted as meaning simply "big and tall." The Latin root means "statue," statua, and it in turn comes from stare, "to stand.""

"voluptuous
    The adjective voluptuous is used to describe someone who is attractive and curvy. Marilyn Monroe was known for her voluptuous figure.

Being voluptuous means being full-figured and curvy, but this word doesn't only apply to body types. A house that's luxurious, lavishly decorated, and full of delicious food could also be called voluptuous. This word derives from a Latin root meaning "delightful or pleasurable.""

I know everyone knows the definitions of these words, I just liked how they sound and was extra bored. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    The Dodson’s draw one my favorite versions of Diana. I’d describe it as simply “strong and curvy”. She looks very solid and imposing without defined muscles.

I also don’t mind a slim Diana—a la Nicola Scott. She’s also among my favorites.

Me either, they go too far. Her strength comes from magic not bodybuilding. A hint of bicep and nice shoulders is enough, she just needs to be big and imposing but I think Barda should be bigger because it's in her name.

Hard where it counts. Plump where it's needed.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

When it comes down to it, I wouldn’t like an overly muscular Diana either as it takes away from her magical background, and quite frankly it just looks unfitting. She isn’t Titania or She-Hulk, so I agree with you there.

But the more I thunk about it, the more I think defined muscles aren’t necessary like I did when I made the post. Mainly because I think it falls on the artist’s style. Like here, for example, with the Dodson’s work, I don’t think I’d like any more detail or definition.

Slim for me is okay to, if we’re talking like Nicola Scott, but they never draw her as super dainty like Supergirl.