Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
IMO I wouldn't want Bette to have powers, part of the charm is when she succeeds despite others doubting her capabilities. She's an underdog, and more so than the other bats, even Steph.
Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
That's because they keep her separate from all of the Bat-fam, other than Kate. Outside of fans of the current Batwoman, or the older Titans/Batman comics, a lot of bat-fam fans barely know she exists.

She would need to be integrated more to be noticed. Then you get some ppl complaining about the bat-fam being 'too big', though that happens every few months anyway, so meh.
This conversation has come full circle.

They are keeping her separated from the other Bats. Bat Fans barely know she exists. Bette is neither integrated nor noticed.

Why is this happening?

My best guess: the writers do not think she adds anything to the story. (I’m sure the uncertainty of Bette’s background doesn’t help.)

Ultimately, Bette can’t do anything better or different than any other Bat. She is less capable than other Bats. (Shouldn’t be this way but, sadly, it is.)

So now what? How can Bette stand out?? What can she bring to the table that will intrigue writers enough to include her???

I don’t know. (So I suggested she gain powers.)