Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honestly I dunno why that's even like ... a question ? If you have to heavily nerf one side of a battle (regardless of it being DC/Marvel) it tells you who would win normally.

As it stands though, I quite enjoy interesting fights; and this is certainly one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Lot to unpack here (and I will when I get time) but just to comment on this last bit:

Yes. Thor is /heavily/ nerfed for this fight. I think he destroys Aquaman 10/10 in any more standard Rumble. Me thinking he's got an even chance against the second weakest version of Thor we've seen does not mean I am making slow pushes towards saying he is a legit threat for a more prepared version of the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Honestly I dunno why that's even like ... a question ? If you have to heavily nerf one side of a battle (regardless of it being DC/Marvel) it tells you who would win normally.

As it stands though, I quite enjoy interesting fights; and this is certainly one.
    Agreed with both. Aquaman stands NO chance against normal Thor (just like the comics); but the stipulations on the fight make it much closer and it's still just 50/50. Thor still has a chance to win as much as Arthur.

Amazing Member

Thor; handily on land; but a toss up underwater...it was unspecified.

I'm assuming the fight is Aquaman coming into Grand master's arena instead of the Hulk. This is Thor's lowest point, no hammer, dad just died, sister broke his hammer & is evil & destroying Asgard, he is humiliated by grandmaster tech, hair cut off, etc, etc. He IS armed though & has a bit of armor.

Aquaman is NOT his missing friend. I think he'd probably KILL aquaman after Arthur eventually managed to cause him some harm/piss him off. That's if Thor doesn't KO him rapidly, of course, which is entirely possible. Now, if the arena is flooded for an underwater battle, well, then it's back to a toss up. Heck, maybe even advantage aquaman; although outer space doesn't kill Thor & that's so much worse than being underwater...but the skill edge would be reversed or at least blunted. Arthur of the movie is a terrific fighter, btw, but he isn't a millennia old warrior viking god whose pastime, job & hobby is combat, either.

Honestly, I'm not sure it is possible for movie Thor NOT to go "super sayin" anyway, if pressed. He doesn't get power from Odin, Odin later tells him flat out he is more powerful than Odin ever was, and that he never needed the hammer, that Mjolnir was basically nothing more than "training wheels". The power was always his & present. Of course, the Russo's ERASED Ragnarok immediately afterward, so I can see confusion on that among people.

Still, lowest ebb movie Thor was quite obviously > gladiator Hulk. That rather surprised me, though I damn sure loved it!

I'm not sure this fight was quite as fair as intended. Still, I do not want to **** on Aquaman. I was happy DC managed 2 movies in a row that didn't suck, although it wasn't great, save being marked on their bell curve. Enjoyable & very pretty counted as a win for WB then.
    Last edited by GenghisDon; 01-10-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post

I'm assuming the fight is Aquaman coming into Grand master's arena instead of the Hulk. This is Thor's lowest point, no hammer, dad just died, sister broke his hammer & is evil & destroying Asgard, he is humiliated by grandmaster tech, hair cut off, etc, etc. He IS armed though & has a bit of armor.

Aquaman is NOT his missing friend. I think he'd probably KILL aquaman after Arthur eventually managed to cause him some harm/piss him off. That's if Thor doesn't KO him rapidly, of course, which is entirely possible. Now, if the arena is flooded for an underwater battle, well, then it's back to a toss up. Heck, maybe even advantage aquaman; although outer space doesn't kill Thor & that's so much worse than being underwater...but the skill edge would be reversed or at least blunted. Arthur of the movie is a terrific fighter, btw, but he isn't a millennia old warrior viking god whose pastime, job & hobby is combat, either.

Honestly, I'm not sure it is possible for movie Thor NOT to go "super sayin" anyway, if pressed. He doesn't get power from Odin, Odin later tells him flat out he is more powerful than Odin ever was, and that he never needed the hammer, that Mjolnir was basically nothing more than "training wheels". The power was always his & present. Of course, the Russo's ERASED Ragnarok immediately afterward, so I can see confusion on that among people.

Still, lowest ebb movie Thor was quite obviously > gladiator Hulk. That rather surprised me, though I damn sure loved it!

I'm not sure this fight was quite as fair as intended. Still, I do not want to **** on Aquaman. I was happy DC managed 2 movies in a row that didn't suck, although it wasn't great, save being marked on their bell curve. Enjoyable & very pretty counted as a win for WB then.
    Unless otherwise stated, the location is always in the Khazan Arena. See the sticky thread at the top of the forumn for the rules. And welcome to Rumbles!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post

I clearly agree that Thor wins in the default arena. But even I wouldn't give Thor any chance in hell underwater. AM just has too much going for him there, starting with ridiculous maneuverability. Thor clearly won't drown, but he has no feats to suggest he's anything more than swimming around underwater like a super strong non drowning human sized dude. AM can swim at crazy speeds because... reasons.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I clearly agree that Thor wins in the default arena. But even I wouldn't give Thor any chance in hell underwater. AM just has too much going for him there, starting with ridiculous maneuverability. Thor clearly won't drown, but he has no feats to suggest he's anything more than swimming around underwater like a super strong non drowning human sized dude. AM can swim at crazy speeds because... reasons.
    Hidden air bladder propellant? :P

*vomits*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hidden air bladder propellant? :P

*vomits*
    It's probably like Powdered Toast Man.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Amazing Member

magic

Thanks for the welcome Slade...I've a long time habit of not reading forum rules, so I'm sure I was ignorant & broke many the last hours. Sorry.

Big adventure, you are correct in that we have pretty much no idea on how movie Thor functions underwater...I'm assuming his countless adventures across the 9 realms have included underwater action, and shouldn't, and indeed, like with Namor, being underwater is such an edge I really do not want to discount it. The specific scene in Ragnorok reminded me how potent movie Thor is though...I do not think it's close, but again, underwater, Aquaman certainly wins often. Probably doesn't help that I saw AM once & Ragnarok about a dozen times.

I quirk i cannot shake on the AM movie is that Mamoa is so much a dead ringer for savage Namor by Jae Lee & not Arthur...the blonde hair IS a plot point still for him, yes? I guess they just flipped it & such things ought not "get me", but they do. Still, AM was gorgeous & fun, I think I'll re-watch it sometime. I'm not a DC hater, but I am a Marvel zombie, going back to the 70's...

Astonishing Member

That bit early on about shooting guns underwater isn't true. Look it up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You obviously forgot about the Aquaman movie or haven't watched it. The only reason he got hurt by the knife was because it was Atlantean steel. When someone tried to stab him with a sword it didn't even break his skin. It's a specific plot point in the movie. Similar to how Thor gets hurt by an Asgardian knife.

In terms of durability, he shrugged off a rocket launcher to the chest and got hit by Black Manta by his Atlantean death ray and it threw him 100 feet back and smashed into a rock wall and was fine from it besides a slightly burned arm. In Justice League, when he fought Steppenwolf underwater, he was slammed into a wall hard enough for the wall to break apart. Aquaman is much more durable than you giving him credit for.
    IIRC he also shrugged off, during the final battle, being directly hit by a plasma cannon from a manta ship, the ones that were wrecking Atlantis downtown when him and Mera were escaping Orm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Agreed with both. Aquaman stands NO chance against normal Thor (just like the comics); but the stipulations on the fight make it much closer and it's still just 50/50. Thor still has a chance to win as much as Arthur.
    Unworthy Axe Thor would probably lose to New 52 and Post Crisis Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    IIRC he also shrugged off, during the final battle, being directly hit by a plasma cannon from a manta ship, the ones that were wrecking Atlantis downtown when him and Mera were escaping Orm.
    This is correct. It spun him backwards and he grunted but was otherwise unharmed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Unworthy Axe Thor would probably lose to New 52 and Post Crisis Aquaman.
    I can see this I guess.