Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1

    Default Composite X-Men Character vs. The Hulk

    Stacked Composite of the following Mutants:

    Colossus
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Cyclops

    Vs.

    Savage Hulk

    No BFR.

    BONUS: Add "Strong Guy" to the Composite and discuss whichever version of Hulk you'd like.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,191

    Default

    Adding Strong Guy to a mix that includes Wolverine should mean the regen takes care of his heart problems and mitigates damage from absorbing too much from Hulk punches. That and adamantium claws backed by what should be Class 100 scale strength pretty quickly in would give it to Composite X-Men character. He'd be able to chop up most versions of the Hulk before the Hulk could really become more problematic.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Without Strong Guy in the mix, the stacked composite isn't likely to win, because there isn't any synergy from stacking most of these abilities. However, backing Wolverine's claws with the strength of Colossus is potentially very deadly.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Without Strong Guy in the mix, the stacked composite isn't likely to win, because there isn't any synergy from stacking most of these abilities. However, backing Wolverine's claws with the strength of Colossus is potentially very deadly.
    Dont forget the speed/athletics of Beast and Cyke!

    I'm not saying they win but they should have a speed edge at least. Unless you think Hulk can KO Colossus level bricks with thunderclaps.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  5. #5
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Unless you think Hulk can KO Colossus level bricks with thunderclaps.
    He can't.

    I'm betting on the mix really tearing up the Hulk. Wolverine's skill, claws, healing factor coupled with Colossus' strength and durability (and sure, let's throw in Beast's agility just to make things even worse) makes this something of an uphill battle for the Hulk. But to add onto that, we have the stacked speeds of:

    1. Wolverine;
    2. Beast;
    3. Cyclops;
    4. Storm;
    5. Colossus.

    With just Wolverine and Beast stacked, we're probably into the bullet-time range. Throw in two really decently skilled 'comic book trained human speed' characters, and it's getting even better. Then Colossus, just to add a little more.

    I would argue that they're blitzing the Hulk, based on how the Hulk's speed is viewed on Rumbles.

    So we have someone with Logan's skill, speed sufficient to blitz the Hulk, Class 80-90 strength, and Adamantium claws.

    .....

    Hulk gets chewed up.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Doesn't the Hulk has a crazy healing factor as well?

  7. #7
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,443

    Default

    Sure, but in this case I feel that dismembering him will be enough for a 10-count. Also decapitation.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sure, but in this case I feel that dismembering him will be enough for a 10-count. Also decapitation.
    He can't regrow a new head? :P

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He can't regrow a new head? :P
    I like the idea of a headless Hulk continuing to rampage for a while until finally keeling over dead.

  10. #10

    Default

    Immortal Hulk could probably manage without a head.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  11. #11
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    The super X hybrid takes it...although if it is via the mimic or rogue, it becomes maybe & probably. Mimic has specific hulk issues. Rogues power stealing would be extra on top, although the claws would downgrade from adamantium to osmium steel

    Aside from speed, skill & power + edged attacks, this combo is dangerous even to hulk via storm (& to a degree, cyclops) with speed & skill & playing keep away/ranged assault. Hulk is pretty screwed, his reward if he manages to make it melee is still probable defeat. OTOH, comic books are inherently biased against energy projectors, so the best way is probably sneaking up in a pea soup fog & severely injuring or taking out Hulk before he even knows what is going on, which is eminently possible.

    I do not stack reflexes or speed the way someone else is, either, but it's not needed. I would have amplified strength using baseline beast over Rasputin before steel form, but vs the Hulk (specifically), this is not that much of a difference, I do not think.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Dont forget the speed/athletics of Beast and Cyke!

    I'm not saying they win but they should have a speed edge at least. Unless you think Hulk can KO Colossus level bricks with thunderclaps.
    Well, I already picked composite X-man, but to play devil's advocate a moment; Hulk has speed feats likely in excess of any of them, catching & hurling back artillery shells, smacking speedsters, and so on. A speed edge, if one truly has one, is not as effective vs Hulk as people expect. On the thunderclap...well, it is a noted FACT that Wolverine is extra vulnerable to them...and he is part of the combo. Composite X-man here is MORE vulnerable to them than colossus is.
    https://www.incrediblehulk**********...clapfeats.html
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-hulk-1546029/
    I'm not changing my pick though.
    edit: refreshing on savage hulk...I'm now wavering
    Last edited by GenghisDon; 01-10-2020 at 01:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post
    The super X hybrid takes it...although if it is via the mimic or rogue, it becomes maybe & probably. Mimic has specific hulk issues. Rogues power stealing would be extra on top, although the claws would downgrade from adamantium to osmium steel

    Aside from speed, skill & power + edged attacks, this combo is dangerous even to hulk via storm (& to a degree, cyclops) with speed & skill & playing keep away/ranged assault. Hulk is pretty screwed, his reward if he manages to make it melee is still probable defeat. OTOH, comic books are inherently biased against energy projectors, so the best way is probably sneaking up in a pea soup fog & severely injuring or taking out Hulk before he even knows what is going on, which is eminently possible.

    I do not stack reflexes or speed the way someone else is, either, but it's not needed. I would have amplified strength using baseline beast over Rasputin before steel form, but vs the Hulk (specifically), this is not that much of a difference, I do not think.



    Well, I already picked composite X-man, but to play devil's advocate a moment; Hulk has speed feats likely in excess of any of them, catching & hurling back artillery shells, smacking speedsters, and so on. A speed edge, if one truly has one, is not as effective vs Hulk as people expect. On the thunderclap...well, it is a noted FACT that Wolverine is extra vulnerable to them...and he is part of the combo. Composite X-man here is MORE vulnerable to them than colossus is.
    https://www.incrediblehulk**********...clapfeats.html
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-hulk-1546029/
    I'm not changing my pick though.
    edit: refreshing on savage hulk...I'm now wavering
    Welcome to Rumbles!

    I'd recommend reading the stickies here.

    Hulk, here, is NOT faster than Wolverine or Beast. None of them have any business tagging a real speedster, but their presentation is as really fast agile dudes who are capable of basically toying with Hulk by his "general" levels of speed. On Rumbles, we try to throw out anything that doesn't make sense. We don't let Deathstroke tag Wally West here, even though he's done it in comics.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  13. #13
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    heh, I'm breaking all sorts of rules on day 1 in this section then!

    ah, well, sorry. Hopefully it's fun/helpful anyway. I'll move along.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisDon View Post
    heh, I'm breaking all sorts of rules on day 1 in this section then!

    ah, well, sorry. Hopefully it's fun/helpful anyway. I'll move along.
    I've been enjoying your contributions so far! Dont get discouraged. Welcome to Rumbles!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  15. #15
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    thanks...it will be hard for me to take the comics out of it though...I've read a LOT of them since 1974 or so, and google makes finding refreshers easy (usually).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •