Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly... I didn't like Season 3 of Young Justice.

Mostly because, like all his iteration, that beast Boy is obnoxious, and the very interesting premise of the start turned into that unsufferable #WeAreAllOutsiders bullshit midway. I've been so bummed by it I didn't even watched the last episode.

The last thing I want for the Outsiders is to take a leaf from the show.
    admittedly, the #wearealloutsiders was profoundly cringey (I had blocked that out completely) but I liked the concept behind the season, metahuman arms race and the Vamdal Savage using the light to expand his reach into space, etc. I think it made the metahuman concept as a whole feel more cohesive and overall interesting. if they took that approach with all the developments with metahumans since Metal, it would be a great way to give Outsiders something to develop with, while also craving out a bigger niche as the metahuman black-ops team.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'd rather have Outsider be the low-key, mysteries and black-ops team of the DCU. Have them investigate the Immortals (if those guys are even still canon, which is highly dubious at best sadly) and infiltrate into countries they have no place butting in (such as every country but the US and somewhat Japan, I guess?).

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    admittedly, the #wearealloutsiders was profoundly cringey (I had blocked that out completely) but I think the concept behind the season of metahuman arms race and the Vamdal Savage using the light to expand his reach into space, etc. I think it made the metahuman concept as a whole feel more cohesive and overall interesting. if they took that approach with all the developments with metahumans since Metal, it would be a great way to give Outsiders something to develop with, while also craving out a bigger niche as the metahuman black-ops team.
    This is why I don't believe in hashtags .

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'd rather have Outsider be the low-key, mysteries and black-ops team of the DCU. Have them investigate the Immortals (if those guys are even still canon, which is highly dubious at best sadly) and infiltrate into countries they have no place butting in (such as every country but the US and somewhat Japan, I guess?).
    Well they kinda are a black Ops ish team right now. But I still feel like they need to get rid of Batman. Or at least have him be the "Oracle" of the series. Dish missions and provide backup if needed. I really would love for BL and Katana to stand out on their own as leaders.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

one thing that this book consistently has going for them is the art, and I really dig what Dexter Soy did with Sofia's hero suit. I wish this creative team designed Duke's suit. although, I'm unfortunately not sure about Hill's direction with Duke, so I hope they don't try any type of redesign unless they can get that on track.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

one thing that this book consistently has going for them is the art, and I really dig what Dexter Soy did with Sofia's hero suit. I wish this creative team designed Duke's suit. although, I'm unfortunately not sure about Hill's direction with Duke, so I hope they don't try any type of redesign unless they can get that on track.
    Yeah, this page made me really want an Outsiders line of McFarlane Multiverse Figure. We need a more recent Duke, BL and Cass, so someone should do a line lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Just finished reading issue 13 and...

spoilers:
    I felt it was the strongest issue since a long time. The art surprised me at first, but it works - Cass and Duke are especially cool looking I think. The story also seems to really take a life on its own, with the two of them burning up with the need to go and prove themselves and what Batman is brewing with black lightning - and I think we all know it can't end well !

While I'd loved to see the Katana/Shiva duel, eclipsing it allowed for more pages of Duke and Cass I think, and they are the ones needing it the most, with Sofia of course. Overall, it seems that Hill is hinting at some changes of costumes for the two of them, and possibly hero names. But I like The Signal, while Orphan is not as important to me.

Overall, a very solid issue for me, which seems to hint at some change of pace in the series, which is great !
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Korath; 06-16-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

This long drawn out proxy war between Batman and Ras needs to end quickly.

spoilers:
    I felt it was the strongest issue since a long time. The art surprised me at first, but it works - Cass and Duke are especially cool looking I think. The story also seems to really take a life on its own, with the two of them burning up with the need to go and prove themselves and what Batman is brewing with black lightning - and I think we all know it can't end well !

While I'd loved to see the Katana/Shiva duel, eclipsing it allowed for more pages of Duke and Cass I think, and they are the ones needing it the most, with Sofia of course. Overall, it seems that Hill is hinting at some changes of costumes for the two of them, and possibly hero names. But I like The Signal, while Orphan is not as important to me.

Overall, a very solid issue for me, which seems to hint at some change of pace in the series, which is great !
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's been some rumbling that Cass might go by Batgirl again, or at least wear the costume again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    There's been some rumbling that Cass might go by Batgirl again, or at least wear the costume again.
    end of spoilers
    I really, really hope so.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    this was definitely a welcomed change of pace, it finally feels like a different arc. this issue made me realize the first 12 issues should've been compressed down to 6, this should've been where the second arc started.

I truly hope Shiva is steering Duke and Cass toward new costumes, lord knows I've been waiting for a better Duke fit.

currently following:

I truly hope Shiva is steering Duke and Cass toward new costumes, lord knows I've been waiting for a better Duke fit.
    I am so ready for Cass to have a new costume. Or at least something on the level of her Batgirl look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am so ready for Cass to have a new costume. Or at least something on the level of her Batgirl look.
    I'm not particularly adverse to Cass as Orphan but thinking on it, it is somewhat non-distinct. I don't mind it but it could use something to make her feel more individualistic and pronounced as a character. her current suit does kinda look like a like a mini-boss ninja character lol I don't hate it but it's superhero fiction they can do better than that.

currently following:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I kind of like Duke's current look, but I'm open to try new things for his look. Cass desperately needs one.

While I miss Soy on every book he leaves, this issue looked great in its own right. This is a fun book. I'm glad more is being done with the kids because it was in danger of becoming Jeff and Tatsu's book with guests Batman, Orphan (please lose this call sign) and the Signal... Not that I wouldn't read a Black Lightning/Katana team-up book. I would. One hundred percent.

I'm not particularly adverse to Cass as Orphan but thinking on it, it is somewhat non-distinct. I don't mind it but it could use something to make her feel more individualistic and pronounced as a character. her current suit does kinda look like a like a mini-boss ninja character lol I don't hate it but it's superhero fiction they can do better than that.
    The codename doesn't make sense and is super problematic, and the costume just frankly doesn't hold up visually compared to her old looks in terms of a dynamic and memorable visual.