Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I was just re-reading some of the issues and Black Lightning says to Batman that after this mission with Ra is over they team is splitting from Batman. So maybe the series will change to just The Outsiders or Black Lightning and The Outsiders? They could get some more non Gotham teammates, like Metamorpho? I would love to see Halo again.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    the run of Outsiders where Dick and Roy were leading the team was the best!!
    That was just a darker and edgier Titans redux.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I was just re-reading some of the issues and Black Lightning says to Batman that after this mission with Ra is over they team is splitting from Batman. So maybe the series will change to just The Outsiders or Black Lightning and The Outsiders? They could get some more non Gotham teammates, like Metamorpho? I would love to see Halo again.
    I can see Halo getting rebooted - she was originally a blonde woman but the Young Justice cartoon made her East Asian (Quraci to be exact, a fictional analogue of Iraq). It's been a LONG time since Gabrielle's last appearance (definitely before the New 52 reboot).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I don’t think Metamorpho would fit this version of the Outsiders.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see Halo getting rebooted - she was originally a blonde woman but the Young Justice cartoon made her East Asian (Quraci to be exact, a fictional analogue of Iraq). It's been a LONG time since Gabrielle's last appearance (definitely before the New 52 reboot).
    Actually she appeared quite recently in the Katana Centic stories in Suicide Squad: Black Files and Suicide Squad Most Wanted both written by Mike W. Barr, the creator of the Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I loved her in Young Justice! Wish they had used Kanata more. But I would be down for a new version of Halo based off her. I know she was in that Kanata Suicide Squad story, but this could be a new Halo!

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I don’t think Metamorpho would fit this version of the Outsiders.
    I think it would work if you switched the team up and had it Black Lightning, Katana, Orphan, Halo and Metamorpho. But yeah, I kinda want them to keep Signal too. So idk, maybe Geo-Force or someone new to the team?
    Oooh, Creeper would be interesting to come back to the team, and he would had a silly comedy element.
    Pulls:

I think it would work if you switched the team up and had it Black Lightning, Katana, Orphan, Halo and Metamorpho. But yeah, I kinda want them to keep Signal too. So idk, maybe Geo-Force or someone new to the team?
    Oooh, Creeper would be interesting to come back to the team, and he would had a silly comedy element.
    I mean, wouldn't that be a little....regressive? I think we have a delicate balance of old and new ideas, loading up the current roster with more old members would be like throwing on a more batmembers; kinda cheap. they have 2 Bats, 2 heroes from the old outsiders, and Sofia, they should focus on developing those characters as THE Outsiders (not Batman's Outsiders) first and then, if they are gonna add more members, they should pick a couple of the pre-existing/pre-established heroes. I'd drop Batman but keep the current roster (Black Lightning, Katana, Signal, Orphan, Sofia) and throw on Silencer and Bunker.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Actually she appeared quite recently in the Katana Centic stories in Suicide Squad: Black Files and Suicide Squad Most Wanted both written by Mike W. Barr, the creator of the Outsiders.
    She was also seen in Doomsday Clock and Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Ugh, I don't read Suicide Squad, and thought Katana was the only Outsider to appear there. I guess Barr was trying to restore some pre-Flashpoint continuity, if that was Halo's first appearance since New 52 started.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I mean, wouldn't that be a little....regressive? I think we have a delicate balance of old and new ideas, loading up the current roster with more old members would be like throwing on a more batmembers; kinda cheap. they have 2 Bats, 2 heroes from the old outsiders, and Sofia, they should focus on developing those characters as THE Outsiders (not Batman's Outsiders) first and then, if they are gonna add more members, they should pick a couple of the pre-existing/pre-established heroes. I'd drop Batman but keep the current roster (Black Lightning, Katana, Signal, Orphan, Sofia) and throw on Silencer and Bunker.
    Oh! I like that idea. Bunker on the Outsiders would be cool! He should come back to a title. And Silencer is a good pick too. I'm with you, too many old members would be kinda regressive. But I guess I just love the old team, but you're right. It would be the same as having to many Bat characters.

As long as Katana and BL stay around, I'm happy haha.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member

Btw. I think they should Halo to the team, her Mother Daughter relation ship with Katana, was a pretty important part of Katana's characterisation in the original Outsiders series.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Not to mention most writers struggle with bigger teams. You think Duke has it bad now? Imagine if there were 3 more members.

And I'm saying this as someone who would prefer seeing more classic Outsiders on the team then Batfamily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That was just a darker and edgier Titans redux.
    No it was Outsiders my dude

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention most writers struggle with bigger teams. You think Duke has it bad now? Imagine if there were 3 more members.

And I'm saying this as someone who would prefer seeing more classic Outsiders on the team then Batfamily.
    I don't know, the series right now is focused more on Batman's mission, BL and Katana. I feel like if Batman leaves they would have some time to focus on others. Plus Duke got some focus. It's not like he has done nothing.
    Pulls:

Outsiders should take a que from the Young Justice animated series and deal more directly with metahumans, maybe even flesh out metas as a concept more. instead of Vandal Savage and Darkseid, maybe go with the Council of Immortals and the Quintessence or some other cosmic player.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."