Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Default Pietro Maximoff: Quicksilver Appreciation 2020

QUICKSILVER APPRECIATION!

Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver is the Fastest Man on Earth! Father of Luna Maximoff. Twin Brother to Wanda Maximoff aka The Scarlet Witch. Half Brother to Lorna Dane aka Polaris. Son of Magneto. Mutant. Avenger. (The non mutant/non son of Magneto retcon makes no sense and I'm waiting for Marvel to reverse it!) Created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee and first appearing in Uncanny X-Men (1963) #4 Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver makes his Marvel Comics debut!

Art by Marko Djurdjevic

Articles:

Saladin Ahmed on Quicksilver: No Surrender: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-quicksilver

As I did not see a Quicksilver Appreciation, I thought I would make this.
    Here's my Quick Comic Recs, and some links to other fans stuff!

Quicksilver Tumblr fan blogs:

https://fyeahpietromaximoff.tumblr.com/

https://quicksilverfans.tumblr.com/

Quicksilver Fan Twitters:

https://twitter.com/TalkQuicksilver
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Has anyone seen Quicksilver since the end of his series?

Also does anyone want to share their favorite quicksilver comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    QUICKSILVER APPRECIATION!

Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver is the Fastest Man on Earth! Father of Luna Maximoff. Twin Brother to Wanda Maximoff aka The Scarlet Witch. Half Brother to Lorna Dane aka Polaris. Son of Magneto. Mutant. Avenger. (The non mutant/non son of Magneto retcon makes no sense and I'm waiting for Marvel to reverse it!) Created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee and first appearing in Uncanny X-Men (1963) #4 Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver makes his Marvel Comics debut!

As I did not see a Quicksilver Appreciation, I thought I would make this.
    He does already have a thread, but it's in the X forum.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He does already have a thread, but it's in the X forum.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020
    Oh thanks!!! I couldnt find it. Should I just delete this then?

Let the Avenger have his thread here.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think Quicksilver and Spider-Woman both usually do have two threads? They're both known for being Avengers, but Pietro debuted in X-Men and was in X-Factor, and Jessica is a spider, so of course they aren't out of place in the X and Spider forums respectively. Obviously the decision will lie with the moderators, but I think this will be OK.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Lightbulb

My thanks to you poster ImperiusWrecked. You made me realize how much I loath segregation.
    The marvel character Pietro's twin sister Wanda who is also a member of the mutant race always has a thread in the Marvel Comics forum.
    Why not Pietro as well? It never occured to me that there is no reason whatsoever for the marvel character Quicksilver not to have his thread in the Marvel Comics forum as well.

When it comes to movie rights , the marvel character Quicksilver was shared by Marvel Studios and Fox Studios.

So again, THANK YOU for making me realize this

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think it's absolutely justified for Pietro to have a thread here, specially nowadays. Besides his extensive history with the Avengers, it's not exactly a secret that he is controlled by the Avengers office and they have deliberately isolated him from the X-Men in the last few years.

I saw that Wanda's thread has here and when I couldn't find Pietro I assumed he didn't have one and it never occurred to me to check the X forum because Quicksilver hasn't been on an X Book since All New X Factor. I personally think Quicksilver's character thrives in X Books better than an Avenger book but he also has a long history with the Avenger team, he's one of those characters that just goes on both. I was told he was in Comic Book Limbo and I just don't understand why Wanda is very prominent in the Avengers but once again Pietro isn't? Could it have to do with MCU stuff?

Wanda hasn't really been that prominent in Avengers. She's been in UA, but so was Pietro. Besides that she was in Zubs other Avengers book. But those are very much on the fringe. Neither character has been on the main team in over a decade. Almost a decade and a half.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

He was also prince of the inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda hasn't really been that prominent in Avengers. She's been in UA, but so was Pietro. Besides that she was in Zubs other Avengers book. But those are very much on the fringe. Neither character has been on the main team in over a decade. Almost a decade and a half.
    I admit I have not been following Wanda a lot lately but the last I read her in Avengers so I assumed she was still was on the team in some capacity. So it seems like both Twins have been sidelined from main titles?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I admit I have not been following Wanda a lot lately but the last I read her in Avengers so I assumed she was still was on the team in some capacity. So it seems like both Twins have been sidelined from main titles?
    Wanda's was likely because of M-day and then they just kept wanting to do new teams. Now it seems like she's being pushed more to the magic side and being associated with Doctor Strange.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

How FAST/Strong is Quicksilver

I've always liked Quicksilver in the Avengers and have enjoyed his history/journey through his ups and downs (much as I enjoy Hank Pym as well). I also hope that some day Marvel will re-establish Pietro and Wanda's ties to Magneto since their seperation during that mini series both didn't make any sense and seemed petty (of Marvel).
    My favorite Quicksilver story that comes readily to mind is the Son of M series that immediately followed House of M - you know the one where he travels around with Luna and is basically being a bad dad. It was both funny and tragic at the same time. My second favorite Quicksilver moment happened during the Busiek/Perez run when Pietro visited the Avengers and Wanda during the Juggernaut story; I liked their versions of the character and the Wanda/Pietro scenes were a nice touch.son of M.jpg