Spectacular Member

Default How do you store comics?

I started collecting comics around March 2019 but I'd been reading them online since April 2018. Some comics are trades while others are single issues. I keep the trades on my bookshelf but the single issues are too floppy, so what can I do with them? How do you store your comics?

Long boxes. Of which I have waaaaaay too many of. Bag and board the important ones/my favorite ones.

Collected editions go on book shelves.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Bags/boards (which my store gives away) and short boxes. Long boxes are way too heavy.

Bag and board #1s, keys, cool covers etc. Just bags for everything else. Short boxes. Long boxes sag in the middle.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Long boxes. Of which I have waaaaaay too many of. Bag and board the important ones/my favorite ones.

Collected editions go on book shelves.
    This is pretty much my way as well. One drawback, it does make you completely aware that you have way too many comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't like long boxes because I don't like to put cardboard on my shelves, so for the floppies of small numbers, like three or so, I just stack them and for larger numbers I use bookends, but I don't have hundreds of floppies. Maybe like ten, whereas my trades easily cover wall to wall of shelves so I don't need bookends.

Oh, most of my floppies are bagged and boarded already. The loose ones I either stack or bag and board them with another floppy. So it's two floppies in one bag, with the board in the middle.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-09-2020 at 08:24 AM.

BANNED

Bags, boards, and longboxes. Pretty much all my floppies are bagged and boarded and categorized in a longbox, even if it's under miscellaneous. I actually go back and read or just look at back issues of things I like and I like being able to find them easily.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Retired

I have about half my collection in lateral file cabinets and half in boxes. Before I got the cabinets, I had them all in boxes--and originally in long boxes, but long boxes are hard to lift up and put on shelves (I used to stack the boxes, but then I invested in shelving), so I shifted most of the collection to short boxes which are easier to move around. Eventually I'd like to get some more lateral cabinets and put the entire collection in them.