Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    That’s why I think the character should stay dead permanently and Spider-Gwen should never have been made.
    Don't see what Spider-Gwen has to do with it.

Spider-Gwen doesn't raise or diminish the value of Original Gwen. In fact quite the opposite. It proves and vindicates that the only version of Gwen that can work is one who will never be romantically involved with Peter.

Spider-Gwen is the most successful version of Gwen in terms of merchandize and crossover. ITSV has Spider-Gwen and Miles as a romantic pair, and no mention is made of her bridge. To all the young kids who saw that movie, Gwen is that character and not the one who died.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Don't see what Spider-Gwen has to do with it.

Spider-Gwen doesn't raise or diminish the value of Original Gwen. In fact quite the opposite. It proves and vindicates that the only version of Gwen that can work is one who will never be romantically involved with Peter.

Spider-Gwen is the most successful version of Gwen in terms of merchandize and crossover. ITSV has Spider-Gwen and Miles as a romantic pair, and no mention is made of her bridge. To all the young kids who saw that movie, Gwen is that character and not the one who died.
    Yeeeeah, I think it does diminish original Gwen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    in the middle of his first ten issues, suddenly you had a two-parter that continuity wise seemed odd.

He was the first writer doing the title after Lee stepped down and I think initially Conway would have just continued doing what was expected which was imitating Lee.
    It was actually a three-parter, they added some pages, in addition to heavily edit the rest, so that it would play nice the the page count of a regular comic book.

Yeah, he did a good job with that, which is kind of my point. That he was reluctant to use the character couldn't be inferred from his work, but rather from his interviews.

STL146225_1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_20200121_130251.jpg
    STL146224_1024x1024.jpg

I found a few more variant covers to the Gwen Stacy #1 and figure I'll share them here.

I also found some artist sketches and roughs of Gwen Stacy that I might post if people are interested. Being limited to only three images I figure I'll post the covers first and then the artist sketches 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    STL146225_1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_20200121_130251.jpg
    STL146224_1024x1024.jpg

I found a few more variant covers to the Gwen Stacy #1 and figure I'll share them here.

I also found some artist sketches and roughs of Gwen Stacy that I might post if people are interested. Being limited to only three images I figure I'll post the covers first and then the artist sketches 2nd.
    The butterfly one is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    STL146225_1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_20200121_130251.jpg
    STL146224_1024x1024.jpg

The top one is probably my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The top one is probably my favorite.
    That's the 1:25 Sara Pichelli variant cover.
    Both the Campbell and Pichelli has my attention as for Campbell the shading and the BG of butterfly of the two color/repseations of Spider-man and Green Goblin makes it a beautiful and colorful cover while also a bit haunting. Pichelli uses effectively the background as well mainly simplifying yet well plan out background of black and white but mostly 'light' and simple yet effice coloring of Gwen from wearing a fashionable beautiful and cool outfit that isn't the same outfit we seen all the time making her stand out but the coloring mixes well to the white bg and golden hair making you focus on Gwen and particularly her face that Pichelli draws so well. This cover grabs my attention the most when placing the images of the covers next to each other or quickly skimming them.
    My third favorite cover thus far is a toss up between the Nauck and Lee. I like Nauck expressions having enjoyed his variant Doctor Strange Gwen and Hulk Gwen covers from the past and I like seeing the concepts and artist sheets in art books and sometimes featured in trade books or covers. Lee made a stunning cover and great details and coloring work overall.

GWEN STACY #3 (of 5)
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • TODD NAUCK (A) • Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Captain George Stacy (a.k.a. Gwen’s dad) has been implicated in a murder and it’s up to Gwen to clear his name.
    • With Green Goblin and the Crime Master involved, it’s not going to be easy!
    • Luckily, Gwen isn’t doing it alone. She’s got her friend Harry Osborn, and her boyfriend (?!) Darius Scanlon, helping her. Oh, and Harry’s dad, Norman Osborn, is helping them out too! Forgot about that good news!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Osborn helping out? But he and the Goblin are the same person.

Also, Goblin's existence confirms this is set after Spider-Man is already active.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

GWEN STACY #3 (of 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Captain George Stacy (a.k.a. Gwen’s dad) has been implicated in a murder and it’s up to Gwen to clear his name.
    • Luckily, Gwen isn’t doing it alone. She’s got her friend Harry Osborn, and her boyfriend (?!) Darius Scanlon, helping her. Oh, and Harry’s dad, Norman Osborn, is helping them out too! Forgot about that good news!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Even the Green Goblin? Huh.

I feel bad for this Scanlon dude getting stuck as Gwen's pre-Peter boyfriend.

David Nakayama

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the Green Goblin? Huh.

I feel bad for this Scanlon dude getting stuck as Gwen's pre-Peter boyfriend.
    Green Goblin making an appearance so soon, I'm surprised but in a good way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

GWEN STACY #3 (of 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Wonder if they'll use this Darius guy to explain Gwen's early bitchyness, if so, hopefully he doesn't die and she was just feeling bitter at a break up, 'cause a death to explain that would be too traumatic, and it's overused too.

I forget, when's this mini coming our again?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Osborn helping out? But he and the Goblin are the same person.
    The solicit itself says that Norman helping out is "good news", but it's worded in a way that sounds sarcastic, so Norman could be just playing 'em lol.

Also, Goblin's existence confirms this is set after Spider-Man is already active.
    I mean, Crime Master was mentioned as being part of it before, and Crime Master only started after Spidey became active.

David Nakayama
    I hope she wasn't putting make up while driving lol.

BANNED

Taken from her very first appearance. She looks quite different, doesn't she?