Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    That’s why I think the character should stay dead permanently and Spider-Gwen should never have been made.
    Don't see what Spider-Gwen has to do with it.

Spider-Gwen doesn't raise or diminish the value of Original Gwen. In fact quite the opposite. It proves and vindicates that the only version of Gwen that can work is one who will never be romantically involved with Peter.

Spider-Gwen is the most successful version of Gwen in terms of merchandize and crossover. ITSV has Spider-Gwen and Miles as a romantic pair, and no mention is made of her bridge. To all the young kids who saw that movie, Gwen is that character and not the one who died.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Don't see what Spider-Gwen has to do with it.

Spider-Gwen doesn't raise or diminish the value of Original Gwen. In fact quite the opposite. It proves and vindicates that the only version of Gwen that can work is one who will never be romantically involved with Peter.

Spider-Gwen is the most successful version of Gwen in terms of merchandize and crossover. ITSV has Spider-Gwen and Miles as a romantic pair, and no mention is made of her bridge. To all the young kids who saw that movie, Gwen is that character and not the one who died.
    Yeeeeah, I think it does diminish original Gwen.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    in the middle of his first ten issues, suddenly you had a two-parter that continuity wise seemed odd.

He was the first writer doing the title after Lee stepped down and I think initially Conway would have just continued doing what was expected which was imitating Lee.
    It was actually a three-parter, they added some pages, in addition to heavily edit the rest, so that it would play nice the the page count of a regular comic book.

Yeah, he did a good job with that, which is kind of my point. That he was reluctant to use the character couldn't be inferred from his work, but rather from his interviews.