Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

I think Kindred is Gwen why make this series otherwise ?

Astonishing Member

It would be a perfect ending to Kindred, if indeed Gwen is Kindred, and her plan is to get MJ on the bridge and make Peter save her. Of course, unlike ASM 121, Peter is successful. Finally, who defeats Gwen/Kindred? Ghost Spider Gwen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I was curious about the purpose of the Original Gwen comic book. We already saw the creepy Osborn meeting ( reminding one of Sins Past). I wonder if her meeting Fisk is a Kindred clue? Remember, it was established that Kindred knows Fisk. I was not aware that Gwen knew Fisk, prior to 2020. Finally,?As far as I know, Gwen never did anything rotten enough to deserve going to Hell, but maybe the purpose of the miniseries is to establish she actually did? It is also interesting that Marvel brings back the Wedding Issue as a reprint. Why now? Where am I going with this? Maybe, just maybe Gwen is Kindred.
    Gwen and Captain Stacy were held hostage by Fisk in that story where MJ was working as a go go dancer for the Gloom Room. So it was established that she knew him in the silver age (although this clearly retcons their first encounter).

Short of killing someone, I can't see Gwen doing anything that would have landed her a spot in hell. And a retcon like that would be met with just as much backlash as Sins Past.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Gwen and Captain Stacy were held hostage by Fisk in that story where MJ was working as a go go dancer for the Gloom Room. So it was established that she knew him in the silver age (although this clearly retcons their first encounter).

Short of killing someone, I can't see Gwen doing anything that would have landed her a spot in hell. And a retcon like that would be met with just as much backlash as Sins Past.
    If even half of what I have heard is true you would be mistaken even on this thread they are people who are badmouthing Gwen, I mean NC_Yankee called it a perfect ending, the reason for Sins Past backlash is the Gwen "cheated" on peter and had goblin babies, if marvel went with the Gwen is Kindred then the marriage fans would be vindicated in their hatred of Gwen, so basically Marvel would be trolling Gwen fans which has happened before and may happen again.
    Truth is the best policy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    If even half of what I have heard is true you would be mistaken even on this thread they are people who are badmouthing Gwen, I mean NC_Yankee called it a perfect ending, the reason for Sins Past backlash is the Gwen "cheated" on peter and had goblin babies, if marvel went with the Gwen is Kindred then the marriage fans would be vindicated in their hatred of Gwen, so basically Marvel would be trolling Gwen fans which has happened before and may happen again.
    I hope the Marvel Office wouldn't stoop so low. Keep in mind this is the same Marvel Office which has shoehorned Mephisto's "deals" into every damn storyline they can since OMD, so yeah they'd totally troll a portion of the fanbase in such an egregious manner.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Tbh, I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Gwen (or, at least, some of the revisionist interpretations of the character), but I don't think she needs to be dragged through the mud either. A story that retcons some event which caused her to end up in hell and come back a villain would just be contrived and in poor taste. Hopefully, Marvel sees that after OMD and Sins Past.

I just wish Marvel had a more balanced view of this character. She doesn't need to be Veronica Mars or Mother Teresa to be an interesting character. And she doesn't need to have sex with the Green Goblin to be flawed. It seems like no one really knows what to do with her so they should just leave well enough alone.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-03-2020 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

I'd leave it to the Loeb/Sale team, but they're probably hard to get, for a low budget project like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Tbh, I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Gwen (or, at least, some of the revisionist interpretations of the character), but I don't think she needs to be dragged through the mud either. A story that retcons some event which caused her to end up in hell and come back a villain would just be contrived and in poor taste. Hopefully, Marvel sees that after OMD and Sins Past.

I just wish Marvel had a more balanced view of this character. She doesn't need to be Veronica Mars or Mother Teresa to be an interesting character. And she doesn't need to have sex with the Green Goblin to be flawed. It seems like no one really knows what to do with her so they should just leave well enough alone.
    Yeah, especially when Marvel is promoting Gwen as a costumed hero now. I'm not sure where the viability with her old self is at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, especially when Marvel is promoting Gwen as a costumed hero now. I'm not sure where the viability with her old self is at this point.
    Presumably it's also why this Gwen shows more traits from Spider-Gwen, most notably her headstrong attitude and zeal for justice that the original 616 Gwen lacked. My guess is they're just slowly retconning prime Gwen to be more and more like 65-Gwen to fit the promotion of her as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Presumably it's also why this Gwen shows more traits from Spider-Gwen, most notably her headstrong attitude and zeal for justice that the original 616 Gwen lacked. My guess is they're just slowly retconning prime Gwen to be more and more like 65-Gwen to fit the promotion of her as a hero.
    I don't see the point if she's still going to be dead one way or another. Not much point in conflating the two Gwen's now other then to add to the revisionist history.

BANNED

Most of the replies don't feel like it (appreciation), but yeah, we aren't the moderators, so they can keep doing whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Most of the replies don't feel like it (appreciation), but yeah, we aren't the moderators, so they can keep doing whatever they want.
    Moderators can't be on the board all the time, and it isn't always clear that a thread drift merits a new thread.

After 14 posts it does seem obvious there's interest in a Mary Jane VS Spider-Gwen conversation that is out of place in a Gwen Stacy appreciation thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-VS-Mary-Jane
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Code:
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░
    ███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░░
    ██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀░░░░

Extraordinary Member

I thought we already had a Kindred thread.....