Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They probably think she'll be better recognized in it, imagine if they showed her like this:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    They probably think she'll be better recognized in it, imagine if they showed her like this:
    They actually did that for the Deadpool variant.

Gwen's death outfit is her most recognizable look so naturally most variant covers would use it. At least she seems to be wearing other outfits in the actual story.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-17-2020 at 01:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    They actually did that for the Deadpool variant.
    Good catch, too bad they only copied the outfit, I much prefer JR's rendition.

GWEN STACY #5

CHRISTOS GAGE (W), TODD NAUCK (A) Cover by MIGUEL MERCADO

Variant Cover by Greg Smallwood

* Gwen continues, against her father's wishes, to clear George Stacy's good name.

* She's been threatened, attacked and belittled, but Gwen has no quit in her.

* This final issue of the series pits her up against a man of rising importance in the NYC criminal underworld: Wilson Fisk, the future Kingpin of Crime.

32 pages, $3.99.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I am okay that someone has remembered the Savage Land series. But Jameson creeping on a photo of Gwen is A) out of character for JJJ, b) generally distasteful

When this series was announced I didnt think I would like it so I passed on it. Gwen was kind of a basic character for me. She had run her course and died off. But after reading The Amazing Mary Jane I decided to give this a shot. Read the first two issues and really enjoyed it. The Crime Master story in early Amazing Spiderman was one of my favorites. I hate the fact that the Crime Master was such a throw away villain. But it is great that he is back for this story. And I love how they reference things from other comics. Like the news story about Reed Richards going to speak at his Alma Mater. I remember that story when they fought Dragon Man. Also how they talked about Uncle Ben's killer being found guilty.

This is a great book. Its a shame that it only 5 issues.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I am okay that someone has remembered the Savage Land series. But Jameson creeping on a photo of Gwen is A) out of character for JJJ, b) generally distasteful
    Creeping? I don't interpret it that way. His original reaction, on the other had, was pretty much that of an old manga perv (just imagine him nose-bleeding).

1.jpg

GWEN STACY #5

* Gwen continues, against her father's wishes, to clear George Stacy's good name.

* This final issue of the series pits her up against a man of rising importance in the NYC criminal underworld: Wilson Fisk, the future Kingpin of Crime.

32 pages, $3.99.
    ...And now the Kingpin. Is it too much to expect them to emphasize how out of her depth Gwen is here? Even moreso then before?
    That is a good bikini shot.

From Steve Rude...

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    From Steve Rude...

That art! Those outfits! Those reactions !

Fantastic Member

Huh, those braids look really good on Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Huh, those braids look really good on Gwen.
    It's definitely a unique take on Gwen's look.

Astonishing Member

GWEN STACY #5

32 pages, $3.99.
    I was curious about the purpose of the Original Gwen comic book. We already saw the creepy Osborn meeting ( reminding one of Sins Past). I wonder if her meeting Fisk is a Kindred clue? As far as I know, Gwen never did anything rotten enough to deserve going to Hell, but maybe the purpose of the miniseries is to establish she actually did? It is also interesting that Marvel brings back the Wedding Issue as a reprint. Why now? Where am I going with this? Maybe, just maybe Gwen is Kindred.

Astonishing Member

GWEN STACY #5

32 pages, $3.99.
    I was curious about the purpose of the Original Gwen comic book. We already saw the creepy Osborn meeting ( reminding one of Sins Past). I wonder if her meeting Fisk is a Kindred clue? Remember, it was established that Kindred knows Fisk. I was not aware that Gwen knew Fisk, prior to 2020. Finally,?As far as I know, Gwen never did anything rotten enough to deserve going to Hell, but maybe the purpose of the miniseries is to establish she actually did? It is also interesting that Marvel brings back the Wedding Issue as a reprint. Why now? Where am I going with this? Maybe, just maybe Gwen is Kindred.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-30-2020 at 10:20 AM.