Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Did Untold Tales feature the first time Osborn suited up as The Green Goblin or am I mis-remembering? Actually I recall he had a proto-identity before he became the Goblin.

will there be another Gwen mini series after this one? focusing exclusively on high school? introduce new characters.

Keep it about the character/comics, folks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I'm surprised at how many readers are commenting on how this takes place at the same time as Uncle Ben's death. It doesn't. The story we see on the news is about the burglar being found guilty of his murder, so it must have been a few months later. And when we see Peter in the library he is researching adhesives. It seems obvious to me he was trying to improve his already invented web fluid. Also, the Lucky Logo gang situation that this all revolves around was from Amazing Spider-Man #23. This is the fallout. As the text page states, this series is going to work around the continuity of issues 23 - 30 and lead up to Gwen meeting Peter in issue 31. For what it's worth, I thought this was a fun issue and I am looking forward to the rest of the mini.

BANNED

Pretty much what I said, with a little of extra explanation which should help those who haven't actually read the comic.

The Mary Jane one is probably the most believable, but I like how they used the original Guardians .

The one with Ms. Marvel makes me miss Carol Danvers's OG look and gimmick.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That's not her OG look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by celgress View Post
    the one with ms. Marvel makes me miss carol danvers's og look and gimmick.
    please delete post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not her OG look.
    Ah, close enough for me.

BANNED

Carol's original outfit would be more appropriate for an AMJ variant, since you know MJ actually was her supporting character and confidant in the first three issues of Ms. Marvel, when Gerry Conway launched it.

The optics of Gwen with Carol's Dave Cockrum's one-piece/sash outfit is really weird. That outfit specifically was mocked for being overly sexualized and inappropriate for a former USAF pilot, and was specifically something that Brie Larsen worried about until Feige assured her that they would not use it, going with McKelvie's redesign.

Now you have a comic with Carol's second outfit with Gwen in the same ensemble she wore when she died (which isn't her freaking uniform, she had other outfits). It's simultaneously reminding people of Gwen who got fridged, and Carol in the dress she wore in Avengers #200.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Carol's original outfit would be more appropriate for an AMJ variant, since you know MJ actually was her supporting character and confidant in the first three issues of Ms. Marvel, when Gerry Conway launched it.
    Plus the red and black compliment MJ well .
    The optics of Gwen with Carol's Dave Cockrum's one-piece/sash outfit is really weird. That outfit specifically was mocked for being overly sexualized and inappropriate for a former USAF pilot, and was specifically something that Brie Larsen worried about until Feige assured her that they would not use it, going with McKelvie's redesign.

Now you have a comic with Carol's second outfit with Gwen in the same ensemble she wore when she died (which isn't her freaking uniform, she had other outfits). It's simultaneously reminding people of Gwen who got fridged, and Carol in the dress she wore in Avengers #200.
    As cheesecake-y as it is, I think the Cockrum design is still a pretty snazzy costume. Janet Van Dyne designed it, so that's probably why it's as flashy as it is, although Carol didn't mind it (and Kamala liked it).

I think the Ben Grimm cover is fairly believable. He's the most down to earth of the four and I could easily see him feeding some Pidgeons in a park "These stupid birds are the only things that dont think I'm ugly" and you could easily construct a scene where they have a heart to heart