Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Mighty Member

I'd say Spectacular's Gwen was also a decent interpretation which was showing her transition from high school to college. Granted she was still the "sweetheart" that most modern portrayals go with...but she DID start dating Harry out of pity.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Been re-reading the early part of the Lee/Ditko run and it's interesting how different Gwen is.

The banter with MJ is great. Hard to say if they're friends or enemies or something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Basically an OC who shares the same name and has nothing to do with her.
    What does "OC" stand for?

Ultimate Mary Jane was Gwen, and Ultimate Gwen was Mary Jane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Ultimate Mary Jane was Gwen, and Ultimate Gwen was Mary Jane.
    That's not true at all, not in the slightest. People need to get over this idea, that Mary Jane showing the slightest amount of caution and concern for Peter is automatically "Gwen".

Likewise, this is a complete misrepresentation of Bendis' own opinions. Bendis is on record for disliking the Original Gwen Stacy. He said so in an old Wizard magazine interview noting that many writers were ignorant of how Gwen was like in the original Lee-Romita run. Ultimate Mary Jane is very much a mix of the character of Conway's, Defalco's, and other versions, mixed with Bendis' own contributions. Bendis said that his idea with USM was to use his knowledge of what ultimately worked and stuck in the publication history and put that in Peter's high school years. So Peter and MJ ultimately became the main relationship, he had them dating from the start, and established her as "the one".

Bendis felt that original Gwen was emotionally unstable, mercurial in her mood-changes, and inflexible...so Bendis made Ultimate Gwen into "what if she was that but everyone around her acknowledged that" so that led to her being a violent, knife-wielding, goth girl from a troubled background.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    People need to get over this idea, that Mary Jane showing the slightest amount of caution and concern for Peter is automatically "Gwen".
    So true, behaving like a decent human being, didn't transform you into Gwen Stacy. There were other examples, even in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    What does "OC" stand for?
    Original character. As in, not an adaptation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    October's cover, huh? Very appropiated for Halloween. You know, sometimes wonder what it could happen if Gwen and Spider-Gwen switch lives. I mean, how about if Spider-Gwen experiment the life of her 616's counterpart and vice versa? I mean, I can see Spider-Gwen punching the Green Goblin when he kidnapped, even without her spider-strength.

She seems surprised, interested, and potentially scared all at the same time .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She seems surprised, interested, and potentially scared all at the same time .
    Well, not all days you meet your counterpart from another reality. Especially one that has superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    October's cover, huh? Very appropiated for Halloween. You know, sometimes wonder what it could happen if Gwen and Spider-Gwen switch lives. I mean, how about if Spider-Gwen experiment the life of her 616's counterpart and vice versa? I mean, I can see Spider-Gwen punching the Green Goblin when he kidnapped, even without her spider-strength.
    Nope. Variant of issue 1, book is only on issue 2... so it's a February cover.

As for the switch lives thing, Gwen-65 did impersonate Gwen-616 during Clone Conspiracy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

they really love promoting gwen in the clothes she die in
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

they really love promoting gwen in the clothes she die in I wonder why?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy