Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    I might be reading too much into it but is the panel on the last page of Laura and Kwannon hands supposed to hint at some sort of relationship between them because the panel beside it shows their hands away from each other so it looks to me like Laura reaching out to hold Kwannon's hand which commonly a romantic thing in comics.
    I noticed that scene with Laura and Kwannon's hands as well. I thought for sure that I would log on to CBR and see a debate going on as to weather or not that scene was meant to be the start of a romance between Laura and Psylocke. I expected that some readers would lock onto that scene and make it their new favorite ship. Thought that it might even lead to a shipping war amongst Laura fans as to who Laura should be with. Instead, things were quiet on that scene

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I noticed that scene with Laura and Kwannon's hands as well. I thought for sure that I would log on to CBR and see a debate going on as to weather or not that scene was meant to be the start of a romance between Laura and Psylocke. I expected that some readers would lock onto that scene and make it their new favorite ship. Thought that it might even lead to a shipping war amongst Laura fans as to who Laura should be with. Instead, things were quiet on that scene
    Probably because there's nothing actually to it, and most people realized it. Hell, I didn't even notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Probably because there's nothing actually to it, and most people realized it. Hell, I didn't even notice it.
    Yes, but I've seen people look at scenes like that and just fall in love with a new ship off of flimsy evidence in the past. It will end up becoming head cannon for them, some times just for fun, and some times it's actually really serious.

You're right on that. But given that Laura has never shown to feel like that towards other women (to my knowledge) and they didn't really have much bonding time (just weird lecturing/mentorship junk) it really comes out of left field.

BANNED

Yes, but I've seen people look at scenes like that and just fall in love with a new ship off of flimsy evidence in the past.
    True enough. I still hate Takeda's frame of Jubilee about to drain Laura for that reason.

True enough. I still hate Takeda's frame of Jubilee about to drain Laura for that reason.
    I'm not sure that I would call the picture of Jubilee about to drain Laura as flimsy. Vampires and vampire bites are often associated with sex and sexual desire in stories. I didn't take the story that way, but I can see how someone could view Laura's willingness to provide Jubilee with blood as some sort of indication that Laura may be interested in her.

The same reason why I love this frame, I love Laura/Jubilee pairing. I guess to each their own?

BANNED

I'm not sure that I would call the picture of Jubilee about to drain Laura as flimsy. Vampires and vampire bites are often associated with sex and sexual desire in stories. I didn't take the story that way, but I can see how someone could view Laura's willingness to provide Jubilee with blood as some sort of indication that Laura may be interested in her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The same reason why I love this frame, I love Laura/Jubilee pairing. I guess to each their own?
    It's called CONTEXT. That story arc began with Laura inflicting what would have been fatal injuries on herself if she didn't have a healing factor, and went virtually catatonic after accidentally shanking Gambit. And then she turns around and tries to see if Jubilee would KILL HER. She was basically committing suicide-by-vampire.

It's a story about depression, self-harm, and self-destructive behavior.

It's called CONTEXT. That story arc began with Laura inflicting what would have been fatal injuries on herself if she didn't have a healing factor, and went virtually catatonic after accidentally shanking Gambit. And then she turns around and tries to see if Jubilee would KILL HER. She was basically committing suicide-by-vampire.

It's a story about depression, self-harm, and self-destructive behavior.
    Yes, it is. And nothing changes what someone can personally see in it.
    I love it because still, in this circumstances, it can be a beginning to a relationship. It’s not strict how it’s a suicide, but, for me, also looking if Jubilee can control herself.
    I love it, because guess who also has a lifestory about depression, self-harm, and self-destructive behavior. Throw being a survivor to the description. And young adult.

I personally don’t like Laura and Jubilee together since they’re essentially sisters because of Wolverine’s relationship to them both.

But you know what is gay? This scene:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I personally don’t like Laura and Jubilee together since they’re essentially sisters because of Wolverine’s relationship to them both.

Laura/Dust or Laura/Mercury? You have my full support on both

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Was gonna make a wincest joke, but even I'm not that much of a deviant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Laura/Dust or Laura/Mercury? You have my full support on both
    Since Krakoa has a new way of doing these things why not both?
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-13-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

As I recall, Laura says she wanted to see what Jubilee would do when she cut herself and Jubilee herself later comments that she found it gross. People who want to make something out of it tend to ignore those two factoids (although I will concede that the moment itself does look kinda sexualized).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)