Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And frankly, isn't it kind of redundant having both Bling! AND Husk on a team, seeing as Paige can get pretty much the same durability and enhanced strength by changing her skin?
    Maybe it isn't their power-set so much as their overall outlooks that caused her to recruit them? Paige might be technically 'more useful' but, hey, Bling might have just as much to bring to the table when it comes to broader discussions?

Oh wow I actually didn’t even consider that a big look. But I think from Hellions and XM/FF that she’ll be back in the thongkini.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Heck, Kwannon could be wearing her thongkini under the qipao.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Do you guys think when Kwannonlocke arrives in the end with a new look, that it will stick around?
    Nah, not nearly exciting enough. I like the direction, but it needs to pop.

5 issues too late to get to the thesis statement of the series. Its a shame, because Laura finally feels like herself. Writer needed to get to the point.

I still find Apoth confusing as hell. Just everything about him.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    If it were a manga there would be a gorgeous pattern on the qipao or something.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Hey for once you and I are on the same page! I call absolute bull **** that this series has gotten axed so soon!! This is the kind of nuanced and much more personal approach to those concerns we needed, the most important book, I argue! Absolute bull **** that they couldn't just find another writer to continue. I mean, if the plot-points were gonna just get absorbed into another book anyway, why not?
    Yeah it’s crazy that nothing more could be done with this series. Hopefully we at least see how their journey in this story affects the books they’ll be going into. We st least have Osylocke developed as her own character with a motivation and purpose, with connections to Mister Sinister and Magneto. Hopefully that and her willingness to defend both Paradise and the human world are a huge part of her character going forward. We do know that Bryan Hill and Zeb Wells have been talking to help make the transition from Fallen Angels to Hellions real smooth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah it’s crazy that nothing more could be done with this series. Hopefully we at least see how their journey in this story affects the books they’ll be going into. We st least have Osylocke developed as her own character with a motivation and purpose, with connections to Mister Sinister and Magneto. Hopefully that and her willingness to defend both Paradise and the human world are a huge part of her character going forward. We do know that Bryan Hill and Zeb Wells have been talking to help make the transition from Fallen Angels to Hellions real smooth.

I really, really want to believe that...

But I have absolutely no faith in either editorial, or the idea that another writer might ever want to share 'continuity' of sorts with his predecessor. Usually if a writer has a vision, what happens before be damned. And I especially have no faith in editorial to mandate otherwise.

This was definitely the best issue but i can't get past the artist. WOW.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I really, really want to believe that...

But I have absolutely no faith in either editorial, or the idea that another writer might ever want to share 'continuity' of sorts with his predecessor. Usually if a writer has a vision, what happens before be damned. And I especially have no faith in editorial to mandate otherwise.
    Maybe I’m just gonna get burned again but I have faith since this isn’t the ResurreXion X-Office and we’ve seen a lot of cohesion between titles. Just the grouping of Psylocke and Magneto together makes me hopeful.

BANNED

Maybe I’m just gonna get burned again but I have faith since this isn’t the ResurreXion X-Office and we’ve seen a lot of cohesion between titles. Just the grouping of Psylocke and Magneto together makes me hopeful.
    But even then, that doesn't stop a writer from just saying "I don't want to do that," and, well, they never follow up on it. Or worse, just giving a character a hand-wavy explanation for why their mind's changed (Like Rahne in New Mutants) and leaving it there because it's too much hassle to do otherwise. Maybe the whole idea was just 'too threatening' for the status-quo so they saw their excuse to axe it and took it? For all we know, Psylocke and Magneto are there just because they're marketable and look pretty on covers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I agree it needs work. The art doesn’t help at all. But it could be an interesting direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was definitely the best issue but i can't get past the artist. WOW.
    Finally I really enjoyed an issue of this book. Minus the art which I still loath.

We need more
    Kwannon/Betsy moments.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree, it`s really a shame this title is going to end because this is precisely the kind of narrative the brings to mind the X-men original purpose. I really hope we will see some Psylocke keep her pov and relationship with Magneto (We already know Mr Sinister will be around) in X-men/Fantastic Four and also Hellions, I hope you are right.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Surprised Apoth let them go after last issue but I guess we needed a break to get Husk and Bling! on-board.

Art is still jank but the Sinister, Betsy and Magneto scenes were passable.

5/10
    "Cable was right!"

It’s a really good scene!
    This scene brought tears of joy to my eyes. Thus far, this is the defining moment in this series. For Kwannon, it was both necessary and overdue. And this issue handled it beautifully.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.