Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    My dad threatened to kill me all the time as a kid. Totally normal.
    Yeah, but did he do it?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The Final were beetle lady that was impregnated by Warren and company?
    The current final horsemen are Rolf (Death/Holocaust), Decimus Furious (War), and that creepy American civil war guy who gives you cancer through audio signals. Beetle girl/Ichisumi (Pestilence) jumped ship to be with her children.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

And thats why we drink.
    •|Ä|•men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, but did he do it?
    No, because he’s not a Bronze-Age Boomer. •|Ä|• is a product of his time.

BANNED

No, because he’s not a Bronze-Age Boomer. •|Ä|• is a product of his time.
    That just makes me judge him harsher.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You're just like •-[A]-•, aren't you? HAHA!
    I love when Xaddy •-[A]-• is......harsh.
    It does things.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My dad always threatened to put me in a box and mail me to Burma. In fact he threatened it so often that by age ten I knew how to say “hello”, “goodbye” and “got any root beer?” in Burmese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And thats why we drink.
    •|Ä|•men
    *clink clink*

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That just makes me judge him harsher.
    Not everyone is Mr. Perfect. Don’t be so judgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    My dad always threatened to put me in a box and mail me to Burma. In fact he threatened it so often that by age ten I knew how to say “hello”, “goodbye” and “got any root beer?” in Burmese.
    Knowledge is power.

•-[R]-• the best!

About Daddy Apocalypse don't really caring about his children.

RCO035_1576816321.jpg

BANNED

Almost all clan Akkaba members are his descendants and is cannon that he rejected his humans descendants because they weren’t worthy and every time his children needed his help they had to kill one of them in a ritual because that means they are weak and must be punished.

Probably the original Houseman are his more powerful children, that’s why he “loves” them. I think that he really thinks that value someone for his strength is love, that’s the most messed thing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    It was only smashing and agressive because of morrigans protective spells, getting betsy to destroy tge gate was probably the solution apocalypse came up with to get enough mutant magic to create his new gate, but the magic of outworld wasnt affected, the druids werent either, the only real damage to outworld we saw was caused by dragonfire.
    morrigan was offended at the presence of the weeds and currently fighting a war so very much agro, i didnt see any magic being forcefully drained tho.
    However you guys are probably right that apocalypse's ambitions were probably the cause of this conflict, and rogue has all his memories
    Morgan said to the wizards that she needed all her power to protect Camelot and that’s why no other mortal would use the magic of Avalon, the concept of a “pool of power” isn’t new for Morgan, a Morgan from another earth tried to create a pool of power like the one of otherworld in New Attilan in the past. Obviously Coven Akkaba has another source of magic but the previous coven of Marina Stern was left without magic. And Druids aren’t magicians, they didn’t train to obtain their powers or bargain with other entities, their connection with Earth is natural and at birth like Rictor.

About Morgan even with all the magic of Avalon drained she should retain power, she is still part fairy not a simple human ( I wonder if Excalibur know that iron is her major weakness )
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-10-2020 at 03:30 AM.

I guess that I'm in the minority here, because I enjoy this series. I'm not having the same problems that others seem to be in following what's going on, and I can barely make out what is being said on the data pages. Really, if anything I've found the comic to be a little obvious and full of tropes. The only thing that really caught me by surprise was the Rachel thing. I'd even say that characters aren't even being written all that out of character. We're just getting simplified takes on some of them.

I know that Gambit has been grating at times, but I do think that some of it is justified. Even with the mutants resurrection abilities, I think you would probably be concerned about what is happening to your spouse. And, Gambit is being portrayed as the only one smart enough not to trust Apocalypse the same way that many of the others are. The old story of the character who is being smart is the one who is getting dumped on by the other characters. Or, at least that's the way that things look to me now.
    As far as Gambit getting beaten up, well I guess that I don't mind it because I kind of enjoy watching the heroes getting beat around during their fight scenes. So that's just not going to bother me as much as others. That's just a preference on my part, so I understand not everyone else is going to like it as much.

Maybe I'm not having the same problems that everyone else is because I haven't read a lot of Otherworld stories, and I cant tell that things are being written incorrectly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Maybe I'm not having the same problems that everyone else is because I haven't read a lot of Otherworld stories, and I cant tell that things are being written incorrectly.
    For me, it’s less about correctness and more about how mundane Howard and To have managed to make Otherworld. I would be fine with them redefining it a bit, if it didn’t feel so generic and pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    For me, it’s less about correctness and more about how mundane Howard and To have managed to make Otherworld. I would be fine with them redefining it a bit, if it didn’t feel so generic and pedestrian.
    Okay. Fair enough. Do you feel that it lacks enough Fantasy setting? Is their something in particular that you feel would make Otherworld less mundane?

And, I'm sorry for the late response to your post. I didn't sleep well last night, and now I am asleep at wheel.