Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Excalibur #5: SPOILERS

This was choppy. Went from here to there to huh.

Gambit's voice is off.

After the Rogue dream and the Betsy/Pete nonsense they all somehow are by Apocalypse's side.

Aiding him in fighting the monsters.

Rogue came back and absorbed all of Apocalypse. Apparently he died. But we know he's coming back.

She has a cool little costume upgrade.

Rictor saves Gambit from the fall.

Somehow wastes the stone energy they were meant to get.

Rachel is the 'energy dog'. Gambit asked her to check on Rogue.

She doesn't actually appear.

The monsters terrorizing earth are taken out off panel.

Rogue is blue now.

Apocalypse did all this because he wants the throne of Otherworld?

My least favorite title of the week.

Some of you will love this.

Oh her Gambit is no bueno.

I know this is horrible spoilers but we need to talk about this.

Can't even express my frustration yet.

Hopefully hearing you all talk about it will make me like it more.
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-08-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Someone save Gambit from Tini Howard`s writing.

I guess "telepathic fiery hound" should've been a LOT more obvious to fans. The sword on its back threw me.

Loved Rogue’s new costume. Everyone in this series is changing and evolving so hopefully Jubilee jumps onboard the design change train.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Not sure why Tini has made Gambit the series punching bag. It’s bizarre that she has three characters with bombastic personalities like Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue and writes two of them so boring & one note. Rogue at least seems so much more fun and like herself unlike issue #1 so we have some improvement. Why her costume was a big secret is strange, it’s a pretty basic outfit.

Rogue’s totally pregnant.

I loved that Apoc beat an already injuried Gambit and everyone was worried about him but then Betsy went "Apocalypse is right, he was being a bitch now let him finish".

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I guess "telepathic fiery hound" should've been a LOT more obvious to fans. The sword on its back threw me.
    Yeah the hound part was smart. But I'm still confused about why the hound appeared in Betsy's dreams too if it was Rachel. Like why not just tell her whatever you wanted to tell her instead of sending her cryptic dreams?

Eh, Rogue was a bore-bag in the first issue but got to shine eventually. Gambit IS a borebag, but he doesn't have much else to do given that A) he knows -A- is up to shenanigans and B) nobody believes him. His off-panel action (getting Rachel) was clever and he outmanoeuvred -A- for the time being. His dialogue is meh though.

I want to know what happens when -A- is reborn but Rogue's still rocking his look.

I'm confused as to where Betsy is with -A-'s ambitions for Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Not sure why Tini has made Gambit the series punching bag. It’s bizarre that she has three characters with bombastic personalities like Jubilee, Gambit & Rogue and writes two of them so boring & one note. Rogue at least seems so much more fun and like herself unlike issue #1 so we have some improvement. Why her costume was a big secret is strange, it’s a pretty basic outfit.

Rogue’s totally pregnant.
    Yes.
    I think that everyone should start to prepare themselves for the worst. As the worst I am talking about blue Apocalypse baby with red Gambit eyes that Rogue would give a birth at the end of this book. Issue 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes.
    I think that everyone should start to prepare themselves for the worst. As the worst I am talking about blue Apocalypse baby with red Gambit eyes that Rogue would give a birth at the end of this book. Issue 12?
    Oh my goddess now I'm having nightmares.

Mighty Member

This issue is confusing. Is Apocalypse dead or in a coma? Did Rogue absorb all his powers permanently like what she did to Ms Marvel?

So are they gonna punish Rogue the same way they punished Sabretooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So are they gonna punish Rogue the same way they punished Sabretooth?
    She killed a mutant, not a human.

[A] was not fit enough, now back to the Resurrection pit you go, blue guy.

BANNED

This issue was ok. I’m still struggling to care about the art, dialogue, plot, and characterization because all of it just feels so mediocre. Many of the developments are fun ideas, but the execution is just lacking. The Rachel idea was so good but what was with the sword? You have the fiery hound manifestation which is so good and thoughtful and then the sword? Just seemed arbitrary. That whole bit would’ve been more fun if this little journey with Rogue had started earlier in the series, so it felt like a real payoff to learn it was Rachel. This is the only DoX book that leaves me profoundly underwhelmed every week. I keep hoping for more, but this creative team just isn’t delivering for me. The goodwill I have after HoXPoX and my interest in the world building of Krakoa are what have kept me here and will keep me here a little longer. I just hope they can step it up in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She killed a mutant, not a human.

[A] was not fit enough, now back to the Resurrection pit you go, blue guy.
    I dont think mutants are supposed to murder other mutants especially since one of the core laws is to make them. He's not just any mutant either; he's a Quiet Council member on the executive board. She should be punished
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-08-2020 at 08:44 AM.