Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL at least now people can trust Gambit
    I hope we get like full on surprised Pikachu from Betsy & Rictor in the next issue because JFC. Like, how stupid can two people be to be so ride or die for •|Ä|•?

I worry with Tini’s less than stellar writing that either she’ll still paint Gambit in a poor light for being the only sensible one or •|Ä|• will have some stupid sob story about going after power to ~protect~ them all.

God, whoever said Gambit, Rogue & Jubilee should be far, far away from this mess was so accurate. I’d so much rather read about those three drinking jack & cokes laughing at everyone’s poor life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    per issue one mutant magic is the energy resulting from the clash of normal magic (as above/so bellow) and the surge of energy that is created when a krakoan gate is opened, that is described as a completly oposite, mirror like energy (so bellow as above) and like an X is 2 lines in oposite directions crossing in one point, mutant magic is just that, the new energy born from that crossing

When the gate in morrigans well was opened for a moment before shatering by betsy's psychic atack, the resulting energy went into rogue, and now I speculate was used to finish the ritual to create a conection betwen mutants and outworld, so the stone gate.
    Thanks for this. In a sense, mutant magic is normal magic evolved then. That fits.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It still feels off to me. I know you're trying to explain the data pages, but it still feels like a load of nonsense. Not to mention still feels like they're stealing power from Otherworld to do it. Seems like the kind of thing that would draw the ire and attention of people from Dr. Stranges' sphere of the Marvel world, like Dormammu.

Why does mutant magic even need to be a thing? Mutants are already ludicrously overpowered when you sit down and realize the potential they all have shown. The only reason they struggle is mostly writer induced stupidity. Now they're going to add some super-special version of magic that only they can use? Its going to get ignored or dropped so fast our heads will spin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It still feels off to me. I know you're trying to explain the data pages, but it still feels like a load of nonsense. Not to mention still feels like they're stealing power from Otherworld to do it. Seems like the kind of thing that would draw the ire and attention of people from Dr. Stranges' sphere of the Marvel world, like Dormammu.

Why does mutant magic even need to be a thing? Mutants are already ludicrously overpowered when you sit down and realize the potential they all have shown. The only reason they struggle is mostly writer induced stupidity. Now they're going to add some super-special version of magic that only they can use? Its going to get ignored or dropped so fast our heads will spin.
    I gotta admit, that is a good point. And I am kinda wondering that in and of myself; where are the other magic users while this is going on? Are they not feeling anything, a drop in their powers? Did Morgan disable all mortal magic, if so, what about Doctor Strange and the like? Also, why does mutant magic need to be a thing, exactly? How is it different from their powers and, if it is, why bother with their powers in the first place? Is it just an extension of their abilities, ect?

The narrative really needs to flesh this out.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    You think ? It’s magic after all maybe the artificial aged bones don’t work. And I wouldn’t count the Five for anything that isn’t related with ressurections . Their powers are supposed to become more linked and specialized every time they ressurect someone.
    Probably a topic for another thread but I love the idea of combined powers creating larger effects. I feel like it's a bit linked to mutant magic which is supposed to be communal in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Gambit, with his enhanced agility, falls into a chasm and Rictor has to waste the crystal energy to save him. Then Gambit picks a fight(in the middle of a battle) with •|Ä|• because ‘muh Cher’ and is immediately put down. He is an absolute twat of a mutant in this book. Even Betsy took •|Ä|•’s side.
    I have to agree with you. I wasn't mad when Ric called him a "mouthy idiot". He ended up being right of course but now Rogue is blue. LOL!

BANNED

Whatever benefits •|Ä|• will, by extension, benefit Krakoa. The rest of the mutants should fall in line and do what he says. •|Däddy|• knows best.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 01-09-2020 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

how is it stealing when its explictly stated as a brand new power born from the clash of 2 forces??
    and the british mages that we see draw power from morrigan, its like the vishanti, she decided to remove their acess to force them into action.
    i mean the book isnt perfect by any means but bad reading comprehension doesnt help either.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    What idiot wasn't trusting Gambit over fuckin' Brad up there?? I mean hello???
    i simply don't get this. If this was old Gambit, but he really has not even a reason to lie when his wife life is on danger

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

x-men 2 points towards a difrent situation, apocalypse is conected to arakko, and arakko is conected to otherworld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i simply don't get this. If this was old Gambit, but he really has not even a reason to lie when his wife life is on danger
    Even old Gambit was shown to have his reasons; yeah, they were problematic, but we could see he was a deeply troubled and flawed individual who was actively grappling with that! Oh the grappling, the hell it put him through! No, Gambit has earned his stripes, earned his trust! Apocalypse doesn't just get to waltz in and have everyone shit on him for having his suspicions.

how is it stealing when its explictly stated as a brand new power born from the clash of 2 forces??
    and the british mages that we see draw power from morrigan, its like the vishanti, she decided to remove their acess to force them into action.
    i mean the book isnt perfect by any means but bad reading comprehension doesnt help either.
    I'm seeing it now as an evolved form of magic. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Even old Gambit was shown to have his reasons; yeah, they were problematic, but we could see he was a deeply troubled and flawed individual who was actively grappling with that! Oh the grappling, the hell it put him through! No, Gambit has earned his stripes, earned his trust! Apocalypse doesn't just get to waltz in and have everyone shit on him for having his suspicions.
    It's very easy to see who are the writers favorites and it isn't helping this book.

BANNED

I think it's the form in which the clash was prompted. Apocalypse seems to have been siphoning off the magic in Otherworld to generate this clash. Kinda stealing.

I interpreted it as stealing because its being created by smashing Otherworld energy up against a Krakoa gate. If the Otherworld energy gets cut off it might end mutant magic entirely.
    If it really did create something limitless and entirely new, then that was really easy

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I hope we get like full on surprised Pikachu from Betsy & Rictor in the next issue because JFC. Like, how stupid can two people be to be so ride or die for •|Ä|•?

I worry with Tini’s less than stellar writing that either she’ll still paint Gambit in a poor light for being the only sensible one or •|Ä|• will have some stupid sob story about going after power to ~protect~ them all.

God, whoever said Gambit, Rogue & Jubilee should be far, far away from this mess was so accurate. I’d so much rather read about those three drinking jack & cokes laughing at everyone’s poor life choices.
    Yeah I owuld rather them be on another book so they can be used better.

Rictor is so into Apocalypse LOL Betsy know how apocalypse screwed up Warren and still trust him. Unbelievable