Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I hope we get like full on surprised Pikachu from Betsy & Rictor in the next issue because JFC. Like, how stupid can two people be to be so ride or die for •|Ä|•?

I worry with Tini’s less than stellar writing that either she’ll still paint Gambit in a poor light for being the only sensible one or •|Ä|• will have some stupid sob story about going after power to ~protect~ them all.

God, whoever said Gambit, Rogue & Jubilee should be far, far away from this mess was so accurate. I’d so much rather read about those three drinking jack & cokes laughing at everyone’s poor life choices.
    Not only do I hope we get that, but that Gambit gets a moment to turn around and rub all the salt he wants right into that wound. If Tini's writing is anything to by though, of course the sensible one is gonna be derided. Typical trope, right? (Ugh.)

--Guilty! And, can I add: I would support the ever loving **** out of that book!!! <3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    x-men 2 points towards a difrent situation, apocalypse is conected to arakko, and arakko is conected to otherworld
    Yeah, •|Ä|• wants a foothold in Otherworld. He’s trying to get to his children.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah I owuld rather them be on another book so they can be used better.

Rictor is so into Apocalypse LOL Betsy know how apocalypse screwed up Warren and still trust him. Unbelievable
    Well •-[A]-• did help him with his powers. And they have long talks and walks on Krakoa beach.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

It was only smashing and agressive because of morrigans protective spells, getting betsy to destroy tge gate was probably the solution apocalypse came up with to get enough mutant magic to create his new gate, but the magic of outworld wasnt affected, the druids werent either, the only real damage to outworld we saw was caused by dragonfire.
    morrigan was offended at the presence of the weeds and currently fighting a war so very much agro, i didnt see any magic being forcefully drained tho.
    However you guys are probably right that apocalypse's ambitions were probably the cause of this conflict, and rogue has all his memories

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Gambit is an unreliable buffoon. •|Ä|• can actually help her.
    Betsy could never **** with Gambit. Im glad Tini kept that aspect alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well •-[A]-• did help him with his powers. And they have long talks.
    I still feel like Apocalypse is just manipulating Rictor though. He reminds me of an emotional abuser I've had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing; all soft, warm and gentle when it served his purpose but the second something didn't go his way or I said/did something out of turn, he'd turn around and give me hell. Not totally unlike how Apocalypse was when the crystal wasn't working.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    It was only smashing and agressive because of morrigans protective spells, getting betsy to destroy tge gate was probably the solution apocalypse came up with to get enough mutant magic to create his new gate, but the magic of outworld wasnt affected, the druids werent either, the only real damage to outworld we saw was caused by dragonfire.
    morrigan was offended at the presence of the weeds and currently fighting a war so very much agro, i didnt see any magic being forcefully drained tho.
    However you guys are probably right that apocalypse's ambitions were probably the cause of this conflict, and rogue has all his memories
    What about the Krakoan flower Morgan was so pissed at? That wasn't an accident and was, in fact, what caused the gate to sprout. That's what was siphoning off Otherworld's magic, wasn't it?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    lmfao. am i the only one who tries to read the datapages in this book, gives up and skips them.
    I gave up. I don't wanna grade essays when I'm reading comic books.
    "Cable was right!"

The book has my favorite cast from DOX but it seems as if they don’t fit together in this setting. I want to see how Tini writes the marriage between Gambit and Rogue now that everyone is back together. Again like I said I might be in the minority but I feel as if the series has gotten slightly better each issue. That being said there are definitely issues with it no doubt but I have a feeling as if those issues will never get resolved.

In the world of comics, I can’t recall a writer seemingly struggle to write a character and all of a sudden turn it around with spot on characterization. You either “get it” or “don’t” in my opinion. Right now Tini isnt portraying Gambit as this cunny, sly, always with a trick up his sleeve, one step ahead of the curve kinda guy. She’s struggling and I don’t see that changing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    What about the Krakoan flower Morgan was so pissed at? That wasn't an accident and was, in fact, what caused the gate to sprout. That's what was siphoning off Otherworld's magic, wasn't it?
    apocalypse said that gate was formed from otherworld to krakoa and trinary seemed to agree, but since apoc was playing everyone we cant be sure, but morrigan only speaks of the weeds presence as an ofense, "poluting/tainting" but since her magic was completly unaffected and she constantly stated her power was in defending agaist the invading forces, we cant say if it was her colorfully expressing her disgust at the transgression or if it had any effect.
    im not too worried since rogue has all his memories witout any of his decieving personality (i hope at least lol)
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yeah, •|Ä|• wants a foothold in Otherworld. He’s trying to get to his children.
    we stan a family man.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I still feel like Apocalypse is just manipulating Rictor though. He reminds me of an emotional abuser I've had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing; all soft, warm and gentle when it served his purpose but the second something didn't go his way or I said/did something out of turn, he'd turn around and give me hell. Not totally unlike how Apocalypse was when the crystal wasn't working.
    •-[A]-• is certainly a pain in the ass but there's more to what he's doing than just wanting to manipulate and control. It seems some may have forgotten or missed what was explained in X-Men #2 so I'm glad Ferro brought it up and Vegan Daddy made mention of it. A refresher:

•-[A]-• asks the Summoner if he ran away or was sent from Arakko. Summoner says, "I wanted to stay... I would have stayed".

•-[A]-• asks, "And which of my children is mother to you?". Summoner replies, "War", and then

This was a private conversation at night with his grandchild with no one else around. •-[A]-•'s ways may be questionable (he is Apocalypse after all) but his intentions are true.

BANNED

•-[A]-• is certainly a pain in the ass but there's more to what he's doing than just wanting to manipulate and control.
    I meant more in how his chemistry reads with Julio than his intent, but even then...I think if it serves his purposes then that's all that matters. He's very much an "I know what's best for mutant kind!" kind of guy rather than actually caring...

BANNED

This was a private conversation at night with his grandchild with no one else around. •-[A]-•'s ways may be questionable (he is Apocalypse after all) but his intentions are true.
    You assume manipulator's aren't above feigning such emotion. Believe me, they can be as warm and as loving as can be when it looks like you're singing their praises. If looking out for those grandchildren serves a purpose, then believe me, he'll keep that up as long as they keep adoring him.

For all we know, the second The Summoner steps out of line, then forget it. Kid'll be socked across the cheek because they 'deserved' it or 'need to learn.'
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-09-2020 at 01:02 PM.