Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    guess you could say rogue.......sucked him to oblivion....ew. Sorry y’all had to see me post that.
    Honestly, I was hoping you'd apologize for saying that and I appreciate that you did. Haha.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Guess we know what’s happening in Giant Size: Magneto.
    And here I thought Giant Size: Magneto was an adults only one-shot...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And here I thought Giant Size: Magneto was an adults only one-shot...
    I just though it was gonna be Erik ranting about how evil humans are for 28 pages. Kinda like a very racist grandfather at Christmas dinner...he's been through ****, but, y'know...

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    We've been told that mutant magic is based around community, mutants coming together and unifying their powers or something, but all we've been shown is magic crystals that are magic for reasons.
    So... this book is the “Cats” of Dawn of X.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Oh my gaaaaaaawd stop being dense, guys. "Why did the dog have a sword? What was with the sword? How come the sword? Y m gud doggie haf swrd?"

The book's name is Excalibur. Rachel's avatar was made of the three things that impacted her most. Hound because duh, fire because Phoenix, sword because Excalibur.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ugh I want to support Betsy. But I don't even enjoy this title like I do X-Force and JH's New Mutants.

I'll just finish this arc. But I gotta speak with my money I guess. I'm not enjoying Tini Howards writing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Apocalypse was manipulating everyone to take Morgan Le Fay's realm?

Also what's this nonsense about Shogo's dragon fire melting the barrier between worlds? I thought Clan Akkaba summoned these monsters?

6/10. Nice cliff-hanger, kid.
    "Cable was right!"

I’m with CGAR.

This was the book I was looking forward to the most and I’ve been bored senseless. Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee and Rictor were odd choices to complement the roster, and 5 issues in they still feel wasted. Rachel’s appearance as a dog was more magical than anything the explosion mutants achieved. Meggan can stand in for Rictor, and Brian for sleeping beauty Rogue. Apocalypse is completely unrecognizable but I’ve been willing to entertain this new leaf.

I’m tired of reading this book wishing it was entirely different with different characters fighting different villains. It’s a kitchen sink and the plumbing is stopped up.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ugh I want to support Betsy. But I don't even enjoy this title like I do X-Force and JH's New Mutants.

I'll just finish this arc. But I gotta speak with my money I guess. I'm not enjoying Tini Howards writing.
    Ironic since her work on "Strikeforce" is resonating better with some readers on the Marvel forum. But being a Dox X-title, "Excalibur" is what Marvel wants Howard to promote. And with near-zero hype for "Strikeforce" it seems in danger of not lasting long following sales drops from the first two issues.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

SMH...I pray Rogue is not pregnant. Just....no. Also i hate the outfit. Marvel can't seem to let go of that 90's look. And the color mismatch sends my OCD into overdrive.

They couldn't do something like this but with a bomber jacket w/a hood instead of a trench coat.

https://www.deviantart.com/nakashima...nart-735159269
    Last edited by Calintz; 01-08-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Ironic since her work on "Strikeforce" is resonating better with some readers on the Marvel forum. But being a Dox X-title, "Excalibur" is what Marvel wants Howard to promote. And with near-zero hype for "Strikeforce" it seems in danger of not lasting long following sales drops from the first two issues.
    Really? I dropped Strikeforce after the first issue cause I thought it was terrible and contrived. Has it improved or something?

BANNED

The mutant magic concept is very clearly explained but the plot hasnt allowed it to be shown since rogue was asleep and apocalypse was having trouble creating a gate to outworld, but the data pages are very expansive.
    On another read, i think rogue created a magical circle, the x, by conecting the sun and moon of outworld to the sun and moon of the earth, with that done apocalypse just needed a lot of power
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Oh my gaaaaaaawd stop being dense, guys. "Why did the dog have a sword? What was with the sword? How come the sword? Y m gud doggie haf swrd?"

The book's name is Excalibur. Rachel's avatar was made of the three things that impacted her most. Hound because duh, fire because Phoenix, sword because Excalibur.
    I still don't get why Rachel appeared to Betsy in her dream if it was her. Why be so cryptic while she could have called her and be like "yo Bets, don't trust Apocalypse bye".

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So Apocalypse was manipulating everyone to take Morgan Le Fay's realm?

Also what's this nonsense about Shogo's dragon fire melting the barrier between worlds? I thought Clan Akkaba summoned these monsters?

6/10. Nice cliff-hanger, kid.
    It was stated in the previous issue that Dragonfire melted the barrier between worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Really? I dropped Strikeforce after the first issue cause I thought it was terrible and contrived. Has it improved or something?
    I think it's better than this. The character's voices are on point and it just needs some better art (like on the level of Excalibur).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The mutant magic concept is very clearly explained but the plot hasnt allowed it to be shown since rogue was asleep and apocalypse was having trouble creating a gate to outworld, but the data pages are very expansive.
    On another read, i think rogue created a magical circle, the x, by conecting the sun and moon of outworld to the sun and moon of the earth, with that done apocalypse just needed a lot of power
    I still don't really get it though. Is it just mutant energies being resonant with magic and nature?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I still don't really get it though. Is it just mutant energies being resonant with magic and nature?
    per issue one mutant magic is the energy resulting from the clash of normal magic (as above/so bellow) and the surge of energy that is created when a krakoan gate is opened, that is described as a completly oposite, mirror like energy (so bellow as above) and like an X is 2 lines in oposite directions crossing in one point, mutant magic is just that, the new energy born from that crossing

When the gate in morrigans well was opened for a moment before shatering by betsy's psychic atack, the resulting energy went into rogue, and now I speculate was used to finish the ritual to create a conection betwen mutants and outworld, so the stone gate.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 01:19 AM.