Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I’m actually sad to say that I enjoyed Fallen Angels more than this book today, which is surprising because I’ve hated a lot of that series so far. This is Still so choppy. There’s no flow. So much wasted potential. Tini needs to be off this book. There’s so much set up to this book and so many various plots that aren’t well thought out. This is Rosenberg’s Uncanny for DOX. A lot of cool ideas, but not thought out, poorly executed and out of nowhere stuff. Also you’re telling me that Betsy wouldn’t have been able to tell that Hound was Rachel, but Rogue could?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    per issue one mutant magic is the energy resulting from the clash of normal magic (as above/so bellow) and the surge of energy that is created when a krakoan gate is opened, that is described as a completly oposite, mirror like energy (so bellow as above) and like an X is 2 lines in oposite directions crossing in one point, mutant magic is just that, the new energy born from that crossing

When the gate in morrigans well was opened for a moment before shatering by betsy's psychic atack, the resulting energy went into rogue, and now I speculate was used to finish the ritual to create a conection betwen mutants and outworld, so the stone gate.
    Thanks for the explanation! I was getting very very confused with all the grimoire data pages hahaha

And do you think the crystals stored mutant energy (such as Betsy's psychic energy that destroyed the gate) rather than real magical properties? And if so, how were the druids using them?

BANNED

i think the druids kept them because they understood its power, they were underground (their domain) and issue 2 showed the twin mutants that died in the sea were redheads, the specific druid redheads.
    i think their background, the place of their deaths and the amount of time turned those mutant bones into a power source, a source similar to krakoa wich was what apocalypse needed to focus the gate, to form a permenant conection to outworld (we know its not about going there since betsy took the team with ease, but establishing that conection, that X, wich should allow mutant magic to be a reliable power now)

Apocalypse said he needed rogue to touch the place betwen krakoa and outworld with her mind and heart, so i think the dream realm is exactly just that.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 01:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! I was getting very very confused with all the grimoire data pages hahaha

And do you think the crystals stored mutant energy (such as Betsy's psychic energy that destroyed the gate) rather than real magical properties? And if so, how were the druids using them?
    you are probably right that betsy's power created a burst of mutant magic when it clashed with the gate and morrigans magic. It was probably intended by apocalypse since he told her to atack the gate and he also admits to putting rogue in the krakoan flowers to "sleep".
    She has all of his plans and the last page has "revelations" in krakoan, so im very very interested to see how much of this is delululu reaching of my part, or proper speculation :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So Apocalypse was manipulating everyone to take Morgan Le Fay's realm?

Also what's this nonsense about Shogo's dragon fire melting the barrier between worlds? I thought Clan Akkaba summoned these monsters?

6/10. Nice cliff-hanger, kid.
    No they said Betsy in the previous issue that there is reason why magicians didn’t use dragons to fight in otherworld, because that creates a hole in reality. They knew that the hole was open and wanted to distract her with the meeting. Their intention is prone that Betsy is inexperience, doesn’t care about Great Britain because “she lives in a paradise” and unfit for her role.

BANNED

“I was being worshipped. By men with beards” Remy had to screw up a good thing for Julio

•-[A]-• addressing Excalibur as his coven is interesting. Amusing that he views them as allies and they’re all wary of him. I’m guessing that in addition to their powersets/roles being very deliberate, Poccy has deemed this bunch of mutants as some of the fittest and most worthy.

•-[A]-• promising Rictor another ‘long talk’. We been knew.

I’m honestly not for Rogue’s new uniform. She’s had better. I really wish Lukas Werneck’s Rogue design was in play because that shit is fire.

•-[A]-• telling Rogue to kill him was some Emperor Palpatine shit. And he be looking like a dried-up prune afterwards. Good thing the Five are gonna bring him back like, yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Someone save Gambit from Tini Howard`s writing.
    It's unfortunate his only role in the title so far is to talk about Rogue and whine about •-[A]-•
    His characterization should go a lot further than that, and reducing him down to that just makes his spot on the team wasteful. I'd rather he be on a team book where he's at his best. Let him be the charming roguish thief we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I guess "telepathic fiery hound" should've been a LOT more obvious to fans. The sword on its back threw me.
    Looking back, it's almost embarrassing that none of us caught that earlier on. We had all the clues. I'm not expecting it but Rachel joining the cast would make a lot of sense- I'm not overly fond of her character, but I enjoyed her interactions with Remy & Rogue back in Legacy, and with Rogue & Betsy in the all-female X-Men team.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Why her (Rogues) costume was a big secret is strange, it’s a pretty basic outfit.

Rogue’s totally pregnant.
    I expect her blue skin ala Apocalypse is probably the bigger revelation there and considered to be apart of her new look. Having absorbed •-[A]-•'s life essence to the point of killing him, it's possible that the power mimicry and such won’t wear off for a long while.

And I hope not honestly. Parenthood is mishandled so often in comics, and they never age properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I'm confused as to where Betsy is with -A-'s ambitions for Otherworld.
    I mean, when it comes to meeting the needs of Krakoa & Britain, Apocalypse is the lesser of two evils. Whatever his nefarious plans may be, when it comes to mutants banding together, and protecting Otherworld, the throne may be best suited for •-[A]-•

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I guess you could say Rogue.......sucked him to oblivion....ew. Sorry y’all had to see me post that.
    Second-hand embarrassment on that one

BANNED

we know arrako and otherworld are conected somehow from x-men 2, that is probably his endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    we know arrako and otherworld are conected somehow from x-men 2, that is probably his endgame.
    Forgot about that.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    “I was being worshipped. By men with beards” Remy had to screw up a good thing for Julio

•-[A]-• addressing Excalibur as his coven is interesting. Amusing that he views them as allies and they’re all wary of him. I’m guessing that in addition to their powersets/roles being very deliberate, Poccy has deemed this bunch of mutants as some of the fittest and most worthy.

•-[A]-• promising Rictor another ‘long talk’. We been knew.

I’m honestly not for Rogue’s new uniform. She’s had better. I really wish Lukas Werneck’s Rogue design was in play because that shit is fire.

•-[A]-• telling Rogue to kill him was some Emperor Palpatine shit. And he be looking like a dried-up prune afterwards. Good thing the Five are gonna bring him back like, yesterday.

It's unfortunate his only role in the title so far is to talk about Rogue and whine about •-[A]-•
    His characterization should go a lot further than that, and reducing him down to that just makes his spot on the team wasteful. I'd rather he be on a team book where he's at his best. Let him be the charming roguish thief we know and love.

Looking back, it's almost embarrassing that none of us caught that earlier on. We had all the clues. I'm not expecting it but Rachel joining the cast would make a lot of sense- I'm not overly fond of her character, but I enjoyed her interactions with Remy & Rogue back in Legacy, and with Rogue & Betsy in the all-female X-Men team.

I expect her blue skin ala Apocalypse is probably the bigger revelation there and considered to be apart of her new look. Having absorbed •-[A]-•'s life essence to the point of killing him, it's possible that the power mimicry and such won’t wear off for a long while.

And I hope not honestly. Parenthood is mishandled so often in comics, and they never age properly.

In before Rogue is pregnant of four kids now and •-[A]-• propose Death, Famine, War and Pestilence as fun nicknames for them.

Rogue's new costume is much less a new costume and much more a new jacket.

If •-[A]-• just needs mutant bones infused with energy to create these Mutant Magic crystals, will he end up recruiting mutants like Marrow or Bling! for his coven?

BANNED

I think they require a certain amount of time to ferment, but mutant necromancy should be interesting since they can produce their own ... "materials".
    watch therondy and marrow becoming diablo necromancers :P

Spectacular Member

When Apocalypse called the group his "coven" do you just think that was sorcerer speak for team or he is actually bringing together a group all which have some connection to the magical spectrum? ex Rictor being inducted into the Druids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If •-[A]-• just needs mutant bones infused with energy to create these Mutant Magic crystals, will he end up recruiting mutants like Marrow or Bling! for his coven?
    He needs bones hundreds years old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    When Apocalypse called the group his "coven" do you just think that was sorcerer speak for team or he is actually bringing together a group all which have some connection to the magical spectrum? ex Rictor being inducted into the Druids.
    I think he’s forming an actual coven since he’s trying to establish mutant magic. Tini also mentioned that mutant magic will be much more collectivist as compared to human magic, so I think it all tracks.