Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    He needs bones hundreds years old.
    Tempus or Sway could handle that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Tempus or Sway could handle that
    You think ? It’s magic after all maybe the artificial aged bones don’t work. And I wouldn’t count the Five for anything that isn’t related with ressurections . Their powers are supposed to become more linked and specialized every time they ressurect someone.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    You think ? It’s magic after all maybe the artificial aged bones don’t work. And I wouldn’t count the Five for anything that isn’t related with ressurections . Their powers are supposed to become more linked and specialized every time they ressurect someone.
    If Apocalypse's bones count then anything is fair game. Old blue lips has swapped bodies, as recently as X-Men Black.

Gambits been slightly better as time as gone on In this series. Tini still struggling with him though and it’s weird to me seeing as she has some damn good reference material with MR and Mrs X. I mean come on, just refer to that for an idea of how to write the character.

As a whole though I might be in the minority but I am enjoying this series more as time has gone on. Yes it is choppy and a lot
    Seems to be going on but I’m still on board. It’s still weird as hell seeing Apocalyspe work with them. I thought given some time I could adjust to the visual but it’s not happening. It’s really throwing me off. Glad to see Rogue finally back. Tini seems
    To have a better grasp of her then Gambit.

Also that Apocalyspe vs Gambit encounter got me a bit pissed off. Obviously Apocalyspe is on a completely different level as far as powers are concerned. But come on now, give Gambit a panel or two more. This dude is supposed to be a cunning ,skilled and deadly so give him a bit more respect then just taking on Apocalyspe head on in one panel.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    per issue one mutant magic is the energy resulting from the clash of normal magic (as above/so bellow) and the surge of energy that is created when a krakoan gate is opened, that is described as a completly oposite, mirror like energy (so bellow as above) and like an X is 2 lines in oposite directions crossing in one point, mutant magic is just that, the new energy born from that crossing

When the gate in morrigans well was opened for a moment before shatering by betsy's psychic atack, the resulting energy went into rogue, and now I speculate was used to finish the ritual to create a conection betwen mutants and outworld, so the stone gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The mutant magic concept is very clearly explained but the plot hasnt allowed it to be shown since rogue was asleep and apocalypse was having trouble creating a gate to outworld, but the data pages are very expansive.
    On another read, i think rogue created a magical circle, the x, by conecting the sun and moon of outworld to the sun and moon of the earth, with that done apocalypse just needed a lot of power
    Thank you for translating the data pages, they read as so much nonsense to me. I think your interpretation is probably accurate and the book would improve tremendously if it were more clear about what is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Rogue's new costume is much less a new costume and much more a new jacket.
    There is also some color swap going on, but I don't think replacing the yellow with light green and black (?) boots helps the costume. Love the way To draws her though.

I'm sorry but, the fire dog being Rachel is just dumb. Why does Rachel seem to know more about what's going on than everyone else? Why would she appear to them as a dog they don't know rather than just appearing and communicating as herself? If she is so well informed and so concerned about what's happening then why isn't she actually showing up and getting more directly involved? Does Betsy not have telepathy anymore?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Gambits been slightly better as time as gone on In this series. Tini still struggling with him though and it’s weird to me seeing as she has some damn good reference material with MR and Mrs X. I mean come on, just refer to that for an idea of how to write the character.

As a whole though I might be in the minority but I am enjoying this series more as time has gone on. Yes it is choppy and a lot
    Seems to be going on but I’m still on board. It’s still weird as hell seeing Apocalyspe work with them. I thought given some time I could adjust to the visual but it’s not happening. It’s really throwing me off. Glad to see Rogue finally back. Tini seems
    To have a better grasp of her then Gambit.

Also that Apocalyspe vs Gambit encounter got me a bit pissed off. Obviously Apocalyspe is on a completely different level as far as powers are concerned. But come on now, give Gambit a panel or two more. This dude is supposed to be a cunning ,skilled and deadly so give him a bit more respect then just taking on Apocalyspe head on in one panel.
    Exactly!! I mean, my god...I can't even say that Tini doesn't understand that! She's clearly had him set up his own counter-measures under everyone's nose so she must understand that much about Remy, but that just didn't seem to occur to her in a combat scenario? Or she wasted the panel needed for that by having Rictor calling him annoying, or kissing Apocalypse's ass (it was so, so good to finally see that blue fucker called out even a little bit...)

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Never thought I'd say it, but perhaps it's a small mercy that Shatterstar ISN'T in this book.

lmfao. am i the only one who tries to read the datapages in this book, gives up and skips them.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    lmfao. am i the only one who tries to read the datapages in this book, gives up and skips them.
    I do the same.

It is good to see that I'm not the only one a bit confused about this mutant magic.
    This is not the worse book, but it is very confusing.

Gambit and Rictor lost their time going after crystals when Rictor used all energy to save Gambit.
    why Betsy trusted Apocalypse so much? dude is shady AF and she gave little thought about Gambit saying about Apocalypse schemes
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-09-2020 at 10:29 AM.

BANNED

These pages were very interesting but not very informative, but my main theory is what rogue did was pour her reserved power into that dream realm, wich apocalypse calls a place betwen otherworld and krakoa, and by serving as a counduit created that moon-sun square, the effect of that change, I have no idea

Now here is where I speculate:

1- she created a magical circle, an cosmic x with her in the middle to help apocalypse's ritual, wich needed a lot of mutant and otherworld energy both wich he manipulated the team to get in plenty.

2- she conected the sun/moon of outworld to the earthen sun/moon.
    Since apocalypse calls the dream realm, a place in betwen krakoa and otherworld, and the almanac page shows us a normal start where its just one pair of cosmic bodies in oposition, but when the conduit (this case rogue) the astral bodies multiply and put themselves into a quincux formation, with a mutant in the middle, this time by the diagonals of the square, the 2 moons and the 2 suns mirror each other.

3-that dream sequence created a power all mutants can use, since the page after the graph talks how the sky was once an unifying and humbling element to all humans, that stoped being present when they started building, apoc also calls it an universal almanac for all creatures of any realm, and rogue just created a celestial formation with a specific formation for mutants.

The very shape goes back to issue one where mutant magic was explained to favor the shape of an X
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-09-2020 at 10:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    why Betsy trusted Apocalypse so much? dude is shady AF and she gave little thought about Gambit saying about Apocalypse schemes
    Gambit is an unreliable buffoon. •|Ä|• can actually help her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    •|Ä|• is an unreliable buffoon. Gambit can actually help her.
    Fixed this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Fixed this for you.
    LOL at least now people can trust Gambit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL at least now people can trust Gambit
    What idiot wasn't trusting Gambit over fuckin' Brad up there?? I mean hello???

BANNED

Gambit, with his enhanced agility, falls into a chasm and Rictor has to waste the crystal energy to save him. Then Gambit picks a fight(in the middle of a battle) with •|Ä|• because ‘muh Cher’ and is immediately put down. He is an absolute twat of a mutant in this book. Even Betsy took •|Ä|•’s side.