Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Johnny got his own mag first, but apparently sales didn't back him up.
    Yeah, they are supposed to be the same age, nice catch. For some reason, I always think Johnny is a few years older than Pete, my bad.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, they are supposed to be the same age, nice catch. For some reason, I always think Johnny is a few years older than Pete, my bad.
    Johnny IS a few years older. In the Lee-Ditko run, Johnny gives a talk at Peter's college.

Basically when Peter's in high school, Johnny's in college (age-wise), if Peter's in college, Johnny is out, and if Peter's in his mid-20s, Johnny is in his late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Johnny IS a few years older. In the Lee-Ditko run, Johnny gives a talk at Peter's college.

Basically when Peter's in high school, Johnny's in college (age-wise), if Peter's in college, Johnny is out, and if Peter's in his mid-20s, Johnny is in his late 20s.
    I think it was recently stated (in 616) they are the same age or supposed to be now. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain this is the case. If so, I agree it is a retcon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I think it was recently stated (in 616) they are the same age or supposed to be now. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain this is the case. If so, I agree it is a retcon.
    The Fantastic Four canonically have aged 14 years since the Rocket. That would be enough for Johnny to age from around 15 to 29.

Spider-Man has had at most 10 years pass in his continuity since the FF existed before him, so he could be mid-20s.

Being the same age as the FF would age Peter greatly.

In FF #35, ten months before Peter starts college, Johnny was still in High School, as can be seen in the thought balloon from panel 1, page 2.

By skipping ahead a little, I can see he didn't start college the same year as Peter because he was too busy, but he should've. FF #44, page 3 panel 4.
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 01-12-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    In FF #35, ten months before Peter starts college, Johnny was still in High School, as can be seen in the thought balloon from panel 1, page 2.

By skipping ahead a little, I can see he didn't start college the same year as Peter because he was too busy, but he should've. FF #44, page 3 panel 4.
    I guess, but ideally Johnny Storm should be older than Peter.

Of course the whole point of Peter's friendship with Johnny Storm is that Peter will be the more mature and the grown-up of the two no matter their age. Johnny is the perpetual big kid. This is best glimpsed in Spider-Man/Human Torch.

Like even in USM, where Johnny is explicitly older...he still looks up to Peter, as a role-model and almost like an elder brother in spirit as Susan Storm admitted when she came to meet Peter in the issues right after Ultimatum (where Johnny agrees to stay at May Parker's).