Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
Well it depends. For a lot of children, and by that I mean 1-4 year olds, I mean toddlers, their first exposure to these characters is simply images from toys, action figures, stickers, pictures on bed-spreads, stuff other kids have on their clothes and bags at daycare. At that level, stuff like Superman is clark kent, Batman is bruce, Spider-Man is Peter or Marvel/DC being a thing doesn't even count.

Likewise there are these bizarre videos on YouTube for kids (of which the most famous is the viral "baby shark") which often has an algorithm bashing together characters randomly. This video talks about it (and it's better than seeing these videos as an adult).

For these small kids, Spider-Man/Elsa from Frozen is the OTP.

Even then, these kids like Spider-Man and respond to him and his costume and powerset, as well as a name. Kids are fascinated by insects in general at that early age, and they like crawling around and here's a guy who is a semi-insect and crawls around. So it's not hard to see the appeal.

So ultimately if you want to reduce to formula the secret of Spider-Man's appeal...remove the story, remove the continuity, remove the adaptations, and so on..."take away my house, my tricks and toys" and so on, what is the one thing you can't take away then. And still these characters have an appeal.
Oh, Folding Ideas. Like that channel.

Head of these weird "kid's" videos and the highly questionable nature of them.