Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Like he’s being handled any better currently?
    Hawkman hasn't been in such good hands since Geoff Johns had him in his solo run and JSA.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've gotten the two trades comprising the 21 issue nu52 run of Hawkman.
    I'm going to read them regardless but am curious of the opinions on the run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Since you asked... I hated it. I'd have rather they'd left the character in limbo after "Flashpoint", as the New 52 version was a hot mess.

DC can't seem to leave well enough alone when it comes to Hawkman; every time the character is doing well someone decides to shake things up and it's almost always a disaster.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was solid until the hawkworld was involved after that run you should read the death of hawkman and later dark nights metal a d then star the Robert Venditti run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Since you asked... I hated it. I'd have rather they'd left the character in limbo after "Flashpoint", as the New 52 version was a hot mess.

DC can't seem to leave well enough alone when it comes to Hawkman; every time the character is doing well someone decides to shake things up and it's almost always a disaster.
    True after brightest day the hawks were left in an interesting position and I believe they would have made a book about Carter searching for Shiera but then the new 52 happen..

BANNED

Such a great moment!

I'm still interested to know what happened to Shiera after Carter got lost in the dark multi multiverse And I find it strange that Carter almost never mention or even think about his wife.

carter-and-shiera-blackest-night-81.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hawkman hasn't been in such good hands since Geoff Johns had him in his solo run and JSA.
    The Palmiotti and Gray run, with all the Hawkman villains, was great.

It was like Hawkman’s Hush arc or Hawkman’s Rogue War.

The quality of that run was all over the place.

Hawkman was at his best in Hawkworld and Shadow War of Hawkman. Shayera's best incarnation was in JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Palmiotti and Gray run, with all the Hawkman villains, was great.

It was like Hawkman’s Hush arc or Hawkman’s Rogue War.
    I did enjoy their run, but so far Johns has been the best steward for Carter with Venditti quickly climbing.

But I do love a lot of Palmiotti and Gray's DC work. And Palmiotti and Conner but that's another thread.

Hopefully Hawkman doesn't get absorbed into DC's wave of cancellations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The quality of that run was all over the place.

Hawkman was at his best in Hawkworld and Shadow War of Hawkman. Shayera's best incarnation was in JLU.
    The JLU version of Shayera in my opinion is the worst portrayal of hawkgirl and even more with Carter.

I really hate the JL cartoon for how they treated my boy Carter.

BANNED

I did enjoy their run, but so far Johns has been the best steward for Carter with Venditti quickly climbing.

But I do love a lot of Palmiotti and Gray's DC work. And Palmiotti and Conner but that's another thread.

Hopefully Hawkman doesn't get absorbed into DC's wave of cancellations.
    I believe it will get relaunched after death metal,hopefully they'll give it to snyder since his writing style fits perfectly with hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    The JLU version of Shayera in my opinion is the worst portrayal of hawkgirl and even more with Carter.

I really hate the JL cartoon for how they treated my boy Carter.
    What would you say you disliked about Shayera there? That she sold out the Earth for Thanagar?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What would you say you disliked about Shayera there? That she sold out the Earth for Thanagar?
    that and the way they made carter look like an obsessive creep that totally ruined him and his image so it's all together.

to prop other characters and she mainly was annoying in my opinion I really dislike personalities like her's

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I believe it will get relaunched after death metal,hopefully they'll give it to snyder since his writing style fits perfectly with hawkman.
    Hard pass. I am really souring on Snyder. I kind of want him to take over Dick Grayson, but only because Dick needs someone high profile to protect him from editorial at this point. Didio's gone, but I dunno, I still worry for Nightwing.

But yeah, I don't want Hawkman to become a book about explaining some geographical element relevant to the plot and then overcoming adversity by holding hands and hoping hard.

BANNED

Hard pass. I am really souring on Snyder. I kind of want him to take over Dick Grayson, but only because Dick needs someone high profile to protect him from editorial at this point. Didio's gone, but I dunno, I still worry for Nightwing.

But yeah, I don't want Hawkman to become a book about explaining some geographical element relevant to the plot and then overcoming adversity by holding hands and hoping hard.

I Don't worry about grayson he'll always have a title no matter what happens.

Now if Snyder's style which he loves to tell secret history about things is exactly why I belive he will write a killer hawkman run.