Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    both of them remember all their past lives but I guess carter loves Shayera since she looks like Shiera his wife.
    I think it may also have to be that Shayera seems like she a much deeper connection to Carter/Katar where as Kendra feels like a separate individual. Like Shayera love Katar and Carter loves Shiera but upon remembering all their past lives together they’ve realized that they are one in the same and have loved each other over many lives and universes.

I mean has Kendra even talked with Carter after Metal?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it may also have to be that Shayera seems like she a much deeper connection to Carter/Katar where as Kendra feels like a separate individual. Like Shayera love Katar and Carter loves Shiera but upon remembering all their past lives together they’ve realized that they are one in the same and have loved each other over many lives and universes.

I mean has Kendra even talked with Carter after Metal?
    No even though they were in the same panels couple of times.

Guess carter doesn't see her as a love interest(and the fact that she was paired with manhunter so that's a big reason)

It does make me wonder what will happen after death metal with carter and kendra if scott s will no longer write her.

I really like Kendra but I LOVE Shayera. Seeing her again with Hawkman/Carter/Katar is awesome and I'm hoping it continues after the current storyline wraps up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I really like Kendra but I LOVE Shayera. Seeing her again with Hawkman/Carter/Katar is awesome and I'm hoping it continues after the current storyline wraps up.
    I agree but at this point I hope they keep her away from hawkman and just make her own character clean off any hawks connections.

BANNED

wow I still remember this page like it was yesterday can't believe it's been 10 years already!

20200619_161003.jpg

I agree but at this point I hope they keep her away from hawkman and just make her own character clean off any hawks connections.
    I wouldn’t say that, I’d just argue that she’s part of the cycle because of her relationship to the original Shiera and even keep the Shiera soul thing, just have it now as before that Kendra free of Shiera is a unique individual.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I wouldn’t say that, I’d just argue that she’s part of the cycle because of her relationship to the original Shiera and even keep the Shiera soul thing, just have it now as before that Kendra free of Shiera is a unique individual.
    Well I do believe DC will tackle Carter and kendra's relationship once Shayera will return to her home planet since she's it's ruler and can't stay with Carter.

Well I do believe DC will tackle Carter and kendra's relationship once Shayera will return to her home planet since she's it's ruler and can't stay with Carter.
    I thought that was a fake construct created from the Martian elder?
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I thought that was a fake construct created from the Martian elder?
    Oh I believe you are right!

Although I don't remember what happened after since it's been so long if I'm not mistaken wasn't her and Katar planet blown up in the savage hawkman title?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Are there any fans of The Shadow War of Hawkman? I'm not a Hawkman aficionado outside of Geoff John's run and a handful of Ostrander's Hawkworld issues, but I was floored.

Has anyone read the 17 issue Hawkman ongoing that was initially written by Isabella? If so what are your thoughts on it?
    I enjoyed them both. I particularly liked the way that The Hawks had to circumvent their own friends and allies to stay under the invading Thanagarian's radar. The follow up series was not quiet as good, and you could feel it running out of gas near the end, but I did like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah for all the good things Timm and co. did with the DCAU, every once in a while they'd do something that would give me a migraine. Hawkman's portrayal on that show was a prime example of that. Why even bring in the guy just to disgrace him like that. There's still some people to this day who see Hawkman as a creep because of that garbage portrayal. It's embarrassing.
    The one thing that I did like about it was the use of the Absorbascom to explain Katar's "reincarnation." I found myself wondering why nobody thought of that as an answer for the post-Crisis Hawkman coincidence. I always wanted to see a Last Days of Hawkman story ala DKR that ends with Katar, Shayera, and a Thanagarian master criminal getting stranded in ancient Egypt, and being adopted into the Pharaoh's household under the names Khufu, Chay-Ra and Hath-Set.

However, beyond that, yah. Everything Timm did with Hawkman was awful.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

wow I still remember this page like it was yesterday can't believe it's been 10 years already!

20200619_161003.jpg
    I can't believe it took DC so little time to turn right back around and screw everything up again...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can't believe it took DC so little time to turn right back around and screw everything up again...
    I feel like Geoff had a story to tell with the hawks but got cut short by the new 52 same with aquaman,guess we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah for all the good things Timm and co. did with the DCAU, every once in a while they'd do something that would give me a migraine. Hawkman's portrayal on that show was a prime example of that. Why even bring in the guy just to disgrace him like that. There's still some people to this day who see Hawkman as a creep because of that garbage portrayal. It's embarrassing.
    I blame the 'Shipping' culture. Everyone wants to see Hawkgirl hook up with everyone else... John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Sand, there were a couple others that i recall being pushed... that sadly instead of being seen as opposite peice of the puzzle and a companion through time ... Carter is just seen as an 'obstacle' to whatever fan fiction people want to see. After all 'Good honest relationships don't have the DRAAAAMA that modern audiences feel is necessary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I blame the 'Shipping' culture. Everyone wants to see Hawkgirl hook up with everyone else... John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Sand, there were a couple others that i recall being pushed... that sadly instead of being seen as opposite peice of the puzzle and a companion through time ... Carter is just seen as an 'obstacle' to whatever fan fiction people want to see. After all 'Good honest relationships don't have the DRAAAAMA that modern audiences feel is necessary.
    Yep it really was a huge thing in the 2000s on not just on the justice league cartoon but on comics as well,as much as I praise Geoff's run on hawkman his will they won't they thing in the comics started from him,poor Carter had to suffer seeing the love of his life(her incarnation)go for other men just because she doesn't want to because "muh destiny" stupidity.

BANNED

Funny thing is even Geoff was self aware about the dumb relationship drama between them that he criticized it in his event book.

RCO035.jpg

RCO036.jpg