Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I blame the 'Shipping' culture. Everyone wants to see Hawkgirl hook up with everyone else... John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, Sand, there were a couple others that i recall being pushed... that sadly instead of being seen as opposite peice of the puzzle and a companion through time ... Carter is just seen as an 'obstacle' to whatever fan fiction people want to see. After all 'Good honest relationships don't have the DRAAAAMA that modern audiences feel is necessary.
    Scott Snyder has entered the chat.

I don't know anyone else who likes that ship. Not saying they hate it, but it's just dull. I'd argue the same of her and Sand. I've never seen someone who much cared.

I think I saw some people enjoy her and Roy for a brief minute?

It's usually John as her alternative ship, and even then, everyone prefers Shayera/Shiera with John instead of Kendra because that's more like what they watched on TV.

That's why I previously mentioned they should've had Carter hook up with someone else for once. lol Kendra shouldn't have all the fun.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-19-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I don't think carter even loves her,they were seen together in panels ever since both of them were introduced back in 2017's metal and they didn't even talk once about their relationship,I geuss it's either editorial decision of it's just carter not caring about her since he doesn't really know her.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it may also have to be that Shayera seems like she a much deeper connection to Carter/Katar where as Kendra feels like a separate individual. Like Shayera love Katar and Carter loves Shiera but upon remembering all their past lives together they’ve realized that they are one in the same and have loved each other over many lives and universes.

I mean has Kendra even talked with Carter after Metal?
    That's been the weirdest thing to me, the fact that Carter and Kendra just don't talk or barely interact at all since Carter came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I don't know anyone else who likes that ship. Not saying they hate it, but it's just dull. I'd argue the same of her and Sand. I've never seen someone who much cared.

It's usually John as her alternative ship, and even then, everyone prefers Shayera/Shiera with John instead of Kendra because that's more like what they watched on TV.
    Well, Sand served a story purpose with Kendra's character arc at the time and it also helped Carter develop a little.

Of course he ended up as well as Roy Harper did...

BANNED

Who cares about John it's been 13 years since it ended people need to let go.

Hawkman mistreatment in regards to romance really sucked for so long I'm with my finger on the pulse waiting for DC to screw him again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's why I previously mentioned they should've had Carter hook up with someone else for once. lol Kendra shouldn't have all the fun.
    It will be true if kendra was with Carter but instead she was with everyone but Carter lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's been the weirdest thing to me, the fact that Carter and Kendra just don't talk or barely interact at all since Carter came back.

Probably because of scott snyder

Well, Sand served a story purpose with Kendra's character arc at the time and it also helped Carter develop a little.

Of course he ended up as well as Roy Harper did...
    That's why Shayera coming back and starting a relationship with Carter is in my opinion the best course of action,carter and kendra have a history of bad memories and they should probably stay away from each other for their own good.

That's why Shayera coming back and starting a relationship with Carter is in my opinion the best course of action,carter and kendra have a history of bad memories and they should probably stay away from each other for their own good.
    Well, they're good memories for me, but I guess I'm biased .

Boisterously Confused

I can't help cringinga bit. Every attempt by DC to Have Its Cake And Eat It Too since 1980 has proven a misstep.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Hi everyone, quick question please:

I've just finished the first 12 issues of this run and was satisfied to read a quality Hawkman book. While I found it enjoyable and pretty well-drawn, I found the episodic and decompressed nature of his investigations into past lives a bit pointless at times. I'm also unsure about the redemption origin being added in, though I didn't hate it. Can anyone who kept following the series give me a clue about how it progresses? Now that he has a foundation underneath him, I was hoping for just pure Hawkman adventures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Hi everyone, quick question please:

I've just finished the first 12 issues of this run and was satisfied to read a quality Hawkman book. While I found it enjoyable and pretty well-drawn, I found the episodic and decompressed nature of his investigations into past lives a bit pointless at times. I'm also unsure about the redemption origin being added in, though I didn't hate it. Can anyone who kept following the series give me a clue about how it progresses? Now that he has a foundation underneath him, I was hoping for just pure Hawkman adventures.
    it gets good but it's interrupted by scott snyder stupid year of the villain and the infected gimmick but robert does pull off a great a story given the circumstances.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Who cares about John it's been 13 years since it ended people need to let go.

Hawkman mistreatment in regards to romance really sucked for so long I'm with my finger on the pulse waiting for DC to screw him again.
    At least on these boards? A lot of people. I'd argue more people are invested in that relationship than the Hawks together because there's no real adaption of the Hawks as a functional couple. That bugs me too, because I love the Hawks, but it is what it is. Let's not deny the mass appeal of an animated series against a niche hobby medium (which hurts to refer to the comics as, even as the source).

BANNED

At least on these boards? A lot of people. I'd argue more people are invested in that relationship than the Hawks together because there's no real adaption of the Hawks as a functional couple. That bugs me too, because I love the Hawks, but it is what it is. Let's not deny the mass appeal of an animated series against a niche hobby medium (which hurts to refer to the comics as, even as the source).
    well it was 13 years ago and it won't be visited again and as time goes on it will be entirely forgotten,the sooner the better.

I truly hate the DCAU cartoons mainly because what they did to hawkman and I don't care what fans think about it regardless of where it is.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I could go for this. Maybe reintroduce Charlie or Northwind to the post Rebirth DCU.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I last read the nu52 Hawkman that ended in 2013. It alluded to him appearing in Justice League during the nu52 era next. Are there any significant character points there I need to read?
    If not is Hawkman's next most relevant appearance the 2017 Death of Hawkman? I just got that from a seller on Ebay. Also, does it reference any thing before or it's just a jumping in point without heeding any nu52 developments.
    Secondly, does Death of Hawkman lead into the current ongoing series by Vendetii cause that will be next forray into my education of Hawkman for this decade.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I last read the nu52 Hawkman that ended in 2013. It alluded to him appearing in Justice League during the nu52 era next. Are there any significant character points there I need to read?
    If not is Hawkman's next most relevant appearance the 2017 Death of Hawkman? I just got that from a seller on Ebay. Also, does it reference any thing before or it's just a jumping in point without heeding any nu52 developments.
    Secondly, does Death of Hawkman lead into the current ongoing series by Vendetii cause that will be next forray into my education of Hawkman for this decade.
    First, he was in the New 52 Justice League of America run, which had Simon Baz, Green Arrow, Vibe, and Catwoman on the line-up. However that title and line-up didn’t last long thanks to Trinity War and Forever Evil where the series ended and was replaced by Justice League United which I believe Hawkman was not a part of.

Next would be Death of Hawkman as far as I’m aware, I haven’t read it so I can’t answer any questions about references or developments.

As for whether it leads into the current run...kind of. I mean the one in Death of Hawkman is Katar Hol and the current run is about Carter Hall. However, the current series is about the past lives of Hawkman and parts of Katar Hol is included even some of the characters, such as Shayera.

Hopefully this has been helpful.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.