Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Back together and stronger than ever!!

hawks.jpg

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

hawks.jpg
    Hawkwoman ������ I’m kvelling right now.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Are there any fans of The Shadow War of Hawkman? I'm not a Hawkman aficionado outside of Geoff John's run and a handful of Ostrander's Hawkworld issues, but I was floored.

Has anyone read the 17 issue Hawkman ongoing that was initially written by Isabella? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If it gets relaunched, I want Venditti still writing. Maybe have Ivan Reis on art, to show DC is serious about the success of this character, and franchise. I wanna see a story with Carter on Earth 2. Maybe a team up with the new Dr. Fate. Make either Kendra or Shayera a bigger part of this book. More team ups with the Atom. Dig into some Egyptian public domain fictional characters to add to his rogues.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-16-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Are there any fans of The Shadow War of Hawkman? I'm not a Hawkman aficionado outside of Geoff John's run and a handful of Ostrander's Hawkworld issues, but I was floored.

Has anyone read the 17 issue Hawkman ongoing that was initially written by Isabella? If so what are your thoughts on it?
    Shadow War was when I first "discovered" Hawkman in the 80s (I was familiar with the character through things like Super Friends & appearances in the JLof A book, but became a fan of the character with the mini). The follow up series is good at first, but gets rushed when Isabella is leaving to reach some conclusions, then meanders a bit before getting cancelled and superseded by Hawkworld.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

that and the way they made carter look like an obsessive creep that totally ruined him and his image so it's all together.
    Yeah for all the good things Timm and co. did with the DCAU, every once in a while they'd do something that would give me a migraine. Hawkman's portrayal on that show was a prime example of that. Why even bring in the guy just to disgrace him like that. There's still some people to this day who see Hawkman as a creep because of that garbage portrayal. It's embarrassing.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

hawks.jpg
    That is an amazing shot.

The issue was pretty good. Didnt really move too much and the majority of it was just biff bam pow. But then again most of the series has been decompressed.

Great to see Sheyera back with Hawkman again. I dont really like Kendra and really like Shayera so I'm glad shes back.

Story looks interesting with going back to (this versions) origin. Confronting his master. Interested to see where it goes.

Thankfully this story line looks to be 3 issues long so it wont drag on for too long.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That is an amazing shot.

The issue was pretty good. Didnt really move too much and the majority of it was just biff bam pow. But then again most of the series has been decompressed.

Great to see Sheyera back with Hawkman again. I dont really like Kendra and really like Shayera so I'm glad shes back.

Story looks interesting with going back to (this versions) origin. Confronting his master. Interested to see where it goes.

Thankfully this story line looks to be 3 issues long so it wont drag on for too long.
    True but it makes me wonder if Carter and Shayera will appear in death metal since they are trapped.

True but it makes me wonder if Carter and Shayera will appear in death metal since they are trapped.
    That's a good point. Havent even thought of Hawkman in relation to Death Metal. Although would make sense since he had such a big role in the first one.

Maybe DC realized that so they shifted Hawkman to this other dimension at the same time DM started. The next story line is the Hawks being stuck in the past. I thought it was unusual that it made it sound like it was more permanent but now it makes sense. Probably just until after DM is over.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

hawks.jpg
    So many mixed feelings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah for all the good things Timm and co. did with the DCAU, every once in a while they'd do something that would give me a migraine. Hawkman's portrayal on that show was a prime example of that. Why even bring in the guy just to disgrace him like that. There's still some people to this day who see Hawkman as a creep because of that garbage portrayal. It's embarrassing.
    You could tell they were using Hawkman out of obligation rather then because they wanted to.

I mean, Hro Talek was supposed to be Katar Hol before DC stepped in.
    That is an amazing shot.

It feels like DC is relatively back on track with Hawkman but now it's the Hawkwomen who are a mess when we have two and now it feels like they're just alternating between which one gets paired with Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So many mixed feelings...

You could tell they were using Hawkman out of obligation rather then because they wanted to.

I mean, Hro Talek was supposed to be Katar Hol before DC stepped in.

It feels like DC is relatively back on track with Hawkman but now it's the Hawkwomen who are a mess when we have two and now it feels like they're just alternating between which one gets paired with Carter.
    Why mixed feelings?

The Hawkwomen situation I think works out. I'm happy that Shayera is back and I'm glad that fans of Kendra get to have her as well although I'm not a fan.

As for who is paired with Hawkman I dont think that's a problem either. Kendra has Martian Manhunter from what I understand so she has someone. Also Kendras history with Carter is mainly blowing him off and keeping him at arms length since she had no memories of their past relationship. She only loved him at the end. Thier relationship and her herself are not exactly known for being a loving couple and together with Hawkman. Besides Hawkman has been rebooted and then reincarnated also from the version she was with.

Shayera on the other hand has had one of the best loving, couple relationships in DC history over decades with Hawkman . So shes a better fit for him imo.

So I think the current situation is fine.

Why mixed feelings?

The Hawkwomen situation I think works out. I'm happy that Shayera is back and I'm glad that fans of Kendra get to have her as well although I'm not a fan.

As for who is paired with Hawkman I dont think that's a problem either. Kendra has Martian Manhunter from what I understand so she has someone. Also Kendras history with Carter is mainly blowing him off and keeping him at arms length since she had no memories of their past relationship. She only loved him at the end. Thier relationship and her herself are not exactly known for being a loving couple and together with Hawkman. Besides Hawkman has been rebooted and then reincarnated also from the version she was with.

Shayera on the other hand has had one of the best loving, couple relationships in DC history over decades with Hawkman . So shes a better fit for him imo.

So I think the current situation is fine.
    I'm happy to see the Hawks together but it's weird seeing Shayera Hol together with Carter Hall.

Well, Kendra's not really doing anything so I'm not sure what her fans have to be happy about. The Martian Manhunter relationship was never going to go anywhere. I guess I was invested in the build up to Carter and Kendra as a couple so that's why I feel it's a little jarring seeing Shayera with Carter when she's usually paired with Katar. I honestly don't think we need two Hawkwomen around, but that's just me.

They may as well have just brought back Shiera instead of Shayera.

I'm happy to see the Hawks together but it's weird seeing Shayera Hol together with Carter Hall.

Well, Kendra's not really doing anything so I'm not sure what her fans have to be happy about. The Martian Manhunter relationship was never going to go anywhere. I guess I was invested in the build up to Carter and Kendra as a couple so that's why I feel it's a little jarring seeing Shayera with Carter when she's usually paired with Katar. I honestly don't think we need two Hawkwomen around, but that's just me.

I hear ya. Carter who is JSA, reincarnated Egyptian, prince is kind of weird to be seen with Thanagarian Shayera. Although now technically they are all the same people.

I first read Hawkman in the Shadow war and beyond. So I grew up with Shayera as THE Hawkgirl. When they brought in Kendra as Hawkgirl that was kind of weird to me. So I guess it's what your used to.

Funnily enough it went the opposite way with Hawkman. Growing up I preferred Katar and didnt care for Carter. But when John's brought him back I switched over.

I guess it can be viewed as redundant but also it pleases fans of both Hawkwomen having them both around.

As long as they are distinct from each other, and they seem to be, and mostly kept in their own corners I think it's fine.

The differences between Shayera and Shiera is a whole other thing. Wow. The Hawkman franchise is really complicated. Lol.

Also for me personally I get both my favorite Hawkman and my favorite Hawkwoman with thier classic relationship. So for me personally it's a win win.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I hear ya. Carter who is JSA, reincarnated Egyptian, prince is kind of weird to be seen with Thanagarian Shayera. Although now technically they are all the same people.

I first read Hawkman in the Shadow war and beyond. So I grew up with Shayera as THE Hawkgirl. When they brought in Kendra as Hawkgirl that was kind of weird to me. So I guess it's what your used to.

Funnily enough it went the opposite way with Hawkman. Growing up I preferred Katar and didnt care for Carter. But when John's brought him back I switched over.

I guess it can be viewed as redundant but also it pleases fans of both Hawkwomen having them both around.

As long as they are distinct from each other, and they seem to be, and mostly kept in their own corners I think it's fine.

The differences between Shayera and Shiera is a whole other thing. Wow. The Hawkman franchise is really complicated. Lol.

Also for me personally I get both my favorite Hawkman and my favorite Hawkwoman with thier classic relationship. So for me personally it's a win win.
    If only she was wearing the iconic Hawk helmet, I'd be completely satisfied. The current one is just so generic. Real shame.

BANNED

I can feel you but ever since metal every time Carter and kendra were together on panels they didn't even talk to each other,I guess editori wanted to keep them apart even when they are in the same panel.

And I do agree it's weird Shiera isn't back or the fact that Carter doesn't even think about his wife at all.