Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Vendetti on JSA would be great! Apparently Geoff Johns wants another go at the JSA, which would be good to, but I think I'd rather see Vendetti's take on things, only time will tell.

Even if a team is popular with the fans, you have to find a writer who feels passionate about writing them, who knows, maybe Mark Waid will take the JSA on.

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-write-new-jsa-comic/

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Vendetti on JSA would be great! Apparently Geoff Johns wants another go at the JSA, which would be good to, but I think I'd rather see Vendetti's take on things, only time will tell.

Even if a team is popular with the fans, you have to find a writer who feels passionate about writing them, who knows, maybe Mark Waid will take the JSA on.

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-write-new-jsa-comic/
    Mark Waid could be great on a JSA comic, but Venditti is my top choice right now. Whoever takes over the Hawks next, be it in a solo or in a team book, I just wish that the writer don't go back to the route of creating cheap romantic drama between them, I just can't deal with another round of "Hawkwoman feels traped in her destiny so she leaves Carter", or semi-stalker Hawkman.

Just write a functional couple or separate them.

Mighty Member

Agreed, Venditti is my top choice to, I really enjoyed his Green Lantern run, I think he writes team groups well.

A functional couple would be nice...if only I could have that consistency with Ollie and Dinha.

Incredible Member

What do people think Hawkgirl/Shiera Sanders finally has arrived to the DC Super Hero Girls?

Last edited by Lucas 35; 09-20-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Hawkman has been cast for Black Adam - and he's black. Aldis Hodge.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lines-dc-movie
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hawkman has been cast for Black Adam - and he's black. Aldis Hodge.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lines-dc-movie
    Well the movie looks very Egyptianist like....so when in Rome..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Big fan of Leverage, so glad to see Hodge getting some work, though his role as the sweet, idealistic nerd on that show seems a bit odd with Hawkman's character.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Big fan of Leverage, so glad to see Hodge getting some work, though his role as the sweet, idealistic nerd on that show seems a bit odd with Hawkman's character.
    Yeah that’s kind of what I thought, I remember his as the tech dude not the muscle. That said it has been a good number of years and if he’s up for it let’s see what he’s got.

My only question is what kind of Hawkman do we got here? Is he Carter Hall, archeologist? Is Katar Hol, Space Cop? Is he just a reincarnation of a pharaoh? Is he the current Hawkman who has reincarnated over space and time to make up for his sins? Will they even address the reincarnation material? Who knows but it may effect how the character is portrayed honestly and I want to see what it is they do.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah that’s kind of what I thought, I remember his as the tech dude not the muscle. That said it has been a good number of years and if he’s up for it let’s see what he’s got.

My only question is what kind of Hawkman do we got here? Is he Carter Hall, archeologist? Is Katar Hol, Space Cop? Is he just a reincarnation of a pharaoh? Is he the current Hawkman who has reincarnated over space and time to make up for his sins? Will they even address the reincarnation material? Who knows but it may effect how the character is portrayed honestly and I want to see what it is they do.
    Who's writing the movie again?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Glad to see that I'm not the only one who believed that. But I think he can do it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It has to be Carter because Katar has no connection to Black Adam. I imagine he'll play both Khufu and Carter at different times.

I liked him in The Invisible Man, but I was honestly expecting to get an Egyptian actor to play Carter this time around. I love my classic interpretations, but considering how few Egyptian actors we have in Hollywood who get to play leading rolls, I don't know, this feels a bit like a missed opportunity. Still, I'm sure he'll be a great Carter... So long as he can keep his ego in check. Do. NOT. Lose. The. Helmet.

I know actors want you to see their face, but that helmet is so important to his look, dammit.

Fantastic Member

I haven't seen Leverage but I've watched Aldis since Underground and trust me, he hasIMG_20200925_235637.jpg the muscle for the part.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 09-26-2020 at 02:20 AM.

I was kinda of hoping they’d go with a middle eastern actor, ESPECIALLY since Black Adam obviously isn’t being played by a middle eastern actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It has to be Carter because Katar has no connection to Black Adam. I imagine he'll play both Khufu and Carter at different times.

I liked him in The Invisible Man, but I was honestly expecting to get an Egyptian actor to play Carter this time around. I love my classic interpretations, but considering how few Egyptian actors we have in Hollywood who get to play leading rolls, I don't know, this feels a bit like a missed opportunity. Still, I'm sure he'll be a great Carter... So long as he can keep his ego in check. Do. NOT. Lose. The. Helmet.

I know actors want you to see their face, but that helmet is so important to his look, dammit.
    by the way, besides rami malek, who else has an egyptian background?

(rami malek is awesome, but maybe a bit small for the role).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I was kinda of hoping they’d go with a middle eastern actor, ESPECIALLY since Black Adam obviously isn’t being played by a middle eastern actor.
    While I love the Rock, I feel casting a non-middle eastern/east african actor was a bigger missed opportunity for Black Adam than Hawkman. with Hodge and Hawkman is works out because there were black african Egyptians in Egypt too, so whether he's Carter or Khufu it shakes out. however, with Black Adam is seems pretty clear to me that he's meant to be an east african arabian man.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."