Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean her being part of the cycle was fine, especially given her family connections, but it got a little weird with the idea that Kendra is dead and then Shiera is somehow the soul within the body. Personally like I said I am fine with the idea that Kendra and Shayera/Shiera are separate people with different relationships to Hawkman, especially since comics in the past have treated their relationship as separate from that of Shieras (I'm thinking Justice League, Brightest Day, and etc.)
    Yeah but what's the point of having two Hawkwomen running around. There will come a point when Kendra won't be in the Justice League anymore(I think she hasn't even shown up after Snyder wrapped his run), when that happens what are they going to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah but what's the point of having two Hawkwomen running around. There will come a point when Kendra won't be in the Justice League anymore(I think she hasn't even shown up after Snyder wrapped his run), when that happens what are they going to do with her.
    I don't know honestly, I am sure that their may come a time where it becomes confusing or maybe makes Kendra irrelevant. Then again it may not, its all unknown. I just know that as things are I am fine with Carter and Shiera being together as a happy couple as they were introduced and Kendra as her own individual that can do whatever may be fit for her character.

As someone who likes legacy characters and is not bothered by multiple people named green lantern and flash, I can accept a Hawkgirl and a Hawkwoman at the same time.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Watch Kendra become the Hawks' young adult sidekick. That won't be weird at all .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Watch Kendra become the Hawks' young adult sidekick. That won't be weird at all .
    I mean with how DC has been, Kendra and Carter will sleep together behind Shayera's back.

Because they love soap opera drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean with how DC has been, Kendra and Carter will sleep together behind Shayera's back.

Because they love soap opera drama.
    It's weird enough he might end up sleeping with, technically, two versions of the same woman...

It's weird enough he might end up sleeping with, technically, two versions of the same woman...
    I really hope it doesn't happen. It's so needlessly complicated. If they don't want Carter and Kendra together, commit and keep them apart.

I really hope it doesn't happen. It's so needlessly complicated. If they don't want Carter and Kendra together, commit and keep them apart.
    I mean so far they have, haven't they. As far as I know only Shayera has been in Hawkman's ongoing series as the love of his life, while Kendra has been off over in Justice League doing her thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I mean so far they have, haven't they. As far as I know only Shayera has been in Hawkman's ongoing series as the love of his life, while Kendra has been off over in Justice League doing her thing.
    I don't trust DC editorial, even if it's a new regime, they have to earn that trust back. It's cheap relationship drama and historically they are convinced that sells. KSD said on a podcast interview that editors today are still addicted to that garbage and she made it clear she disagrees. Frankly, I do as well.

So far we've been fortunate. I hope that continues.

Isn't it still canon that they were involved together, though? So if he and Shayera properly hook up then, yeah, he'll have slept with both of them.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Isn't it still canon that they were involved together, though? So if he and Shayera properly hook up then, yeah, he'll have slept with both of them.
    But that was pre New 52. Is that whole series still canon even?

The only well known Hawkmen that have been.shown so far are the silver age Katar one and some version of the Hawkworld one wearing green.

I dont recall seeing the JSA one with the original mask from.the 40's, or the Hawk diety from the 90's or the John's JSA one from the 00's. So not even sure they exist still.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-18-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

The only well known Hawkmen that have been.shown so far are the silver age Katar one and some version of the Hawkworld one wearing green.

I dont recall seeing the JSA one with the original mask from.the 40's, or the Hawk diety from the 90's or the John's JSA one from the 00's. So not even sure they exist still.
    Metal established that Carter and Kendra were still connected and knew each other, and that their Post-Crisis relationship was intact to some degree.

BANNED

Metal established that Carter and Kendra were still connected and knew each other, and that their Post-Crisis relationship was intact to some degree.

I don't think carter even loves her,they were seen together in panels ever since both of them were introduced back in 2017's metal and they didn't even talk once about their relationship,I geuss it's either editorial decision of it's just carter not caring about her since he doesn't really know her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

the serious confirmed that the reincarnation cycle is through time and space so everything matters regardless of the continuity.

BANNED

I don't trust DC editorial, even if it's a new regime, they have to earn that trust back. It's cheap relationship drama and historically they are convinced that sells. KSD said on a podcast interview that editors today are still addicted to that garbage and she made it clear she disagrees. Frankly, I do as well.

So far we've been fortunate. I hope that continues.

I Know when it comes to romance DC really loves to make hawkman miserable with stupid drama about will they won't they stupidity.

BANNED

both of them remember all their past lives but I guess carter loves Shayera since she looks like Shiera his wife.