Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Seven hells! Hawkman appreciation 2020

Paroh,CowBoy,Knight,Space Cop,Archaeologist Winged Superhero

Appreciation thread and all talk for our favorite bird hero!!!

hawkman.jpg

hawkman2000s.jpg

carter.jpg

So how y'all enjoying Vendetti's current arc? I'm enjoying it, though I've liked pretty much all of his run so far. Sky Tyrant finally gives a decent Earth-3 hook for a Hawkman equivalent. I'm intrigued at the planet seen in the current issue too. Colossal Lad's home would be my first guess, but it doesn't really fit with any of them. Anyone have any guesses?

did they ever explain how Shayera/Kendra fits into Hawkman's new origin and why she's reincarnating?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

If you're just talking about Hawkgirl/woman, she apparently was the one who convinced Hawkman in his original life to give up his life of killing and repent by doing good.

As for their current roles, they were apparently oroginally going with the Sheira x Katar and Carter x Kendra angle, but seem to have dropped that so I don't know...Kendra seems to be her own thing now, purposefully disconnected from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    If you're just talking about Hawkgirl/woman, she apparently was the one who convinced Hawkman in his original life to give up his life of killing and repent by doing good.

As for their current roles, they were apparently oroginally going with the Sheira x Katar and Carter x Kendra angle, but seem to have dropped that so I don't know...Kendra seems to be her own thing now, purposefully disconnected from the others.
    I knew there was a woman who looked like Shayera that convinced him to give up the killing, but did they ever explain who that woman was and how she got caught up in his reincarnation cycle?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I knew there was a woman who looked like Shayera that convinced him to give up the killing, but did they ever explain who that woman was and how she got caught up in his reincarnation cycle?
    No, it was dropped. Honestly, it feels like Venditti had the green light to use her and then she was taken away later in the run, so he just swept that under the rug.

BANNED

Maybe they will return to that story line once the infected story will end it feels like it got thrown to Robert and he had to do something because of snyder's direction.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wow really nice!

BANNED

Here's a thing of beauty

145f86d04040057a7e0d0d7a3e0f4985.jpg

I think Vendettis done a good job in making lemonade out of the Rotten lemons that is "BWL Infected"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I think Vendettis done a good job in making lemonade out of the Rotten lemons that is "BWL Infected"
    Agreed Personally I really hate the BWL idea and he's just so good at everything....

At least Robert is a great writer and is able to tell a great story with the restrictions that snyder does almost any story he does.

BANNED

HAWKMAN #23
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by MARCIO TAKARA and FERNANDO PASARIN
    cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    variant cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO
    Cloaked in black and wearing the eerie mask of a hawk, the mysterious Plague Doctor roams 17th century Europe in an attempt to ease the suffering of those who fall victim to the Black Death. But how is the Doctor supposed to help anyone when he’s hated and feared for his unique immunity to the disease? It’s mind versus body as Carter Hall relives his most tragic past life in a last stand to fight off Sky Tyrant’s control over his body for good!
    ON SALE 04.08.20

Hawkman23-CoverB.jpg

BANNED

hawkman-23-variant-prelim.jpg

I really think the sky tyrant story should end,But I guess Carter is going to play a major role in metal's sequel especially since it seems kendra isn't going to be on justice league after the end of snyder's run really existed to see Carter and kendra and what's next for them.

I'm interested in plague doctor Hawkman .