Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    No.....he started with just the Big Five, then added Aquaman half way thru the run!
    I would love to see him come back and write a team that included the Hawks, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow and Vixen!
    Yeah, I'd like to see a JLA with more members like back in the days of the Satellite JLA. Using only the top-selling characters in jLA makes the series a bore to me. That's why I don't bother with it. I'd love to see a Justice League Unlimited type of series -- without the animated style artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Nice Hawkman helm .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see a JLA with more members like back in the days of the Satellite JLA. Using only the top-selling characters in jLA makes the series a bore to me. That's why I don't bother with it. I'd love to see a Justice League Unlimited type of series -- without the animated style artwork.
    This exactly.

Has there ever been a story focusing on Hawkman being an Archeologist? An Indiana Jones type story if you want? I'd also like to read him as a Conan the Cimmerian aventurer (his fans probably won't)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    This exactly.

Has there ever been a story focusing on Hawkman being an Archeologist? An Indiana Jones type story if you want? I'd also like to read him as a Conan the Cimmerian aventurer (his fans probably won't)

Welllllll...the first arc of the current run is basically a bunch of Indiana Jones type adventures.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Welllllll...the first arc of the current run is basically a bunch of Indiana Jones type adventures.
    Thanx, I'll grab it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    This exactly.

I'm down for either/or. The archeologist stuff and the 'bare chested brawler' are 2 of the many, many great things about Hawkman.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope we don't have to wait terribly long for another HAWKMAN book. Just do it digitally, or at least digital first.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait terribly long for another HAWKMAN book. Maybe digital first?
    A JSA book might be our best bet
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait terribly long for another HAWKMAN book. Just do it digitally, or at least digital first.
    It was a good run, for a while there I thought it was DC's best written book, especially the shade/shadow thief storyline, but what we like, doesn't necessarily translate to what everyone likes.

Could be awhile, let's see how the industry bounces back after COVID19, hopefully DC gets some owners that treat comics with respect.

Mighty Member

Good fun issue featuring the classic JSA, Venditti's back on track.

Sad that's there is only two more issues to go, here is a synopsis on what may happen.

https://screenrant.com/hawkman-hawkw...final-fate-dc/

I recently got the first two volumes of this series on word of mouth and have it enjoyed quite a bit, dig the Indiana Jones vibe of the first volume. Though as an amateur historian I have to question Hall's methodology.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-13-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I recently got the first two volumes of this series on word of mouth and have it enjoyed quite a bit, dig the Indiana Jones vibe of the first volume. Though as an amateur historian I have to question Hall's methodology.
    It's a good series, my only gripe was that Gentlemen Jim Ghost only showed up in the flashhacks, but i'm sure if the series had gone on longer he would have made an appearance.

Yes questionable methods as a historian lol, but I do think it adds to the coolness of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Good fun issue featuring the classic JSA, Venditti's back on track.

Sad that's there is only two more issues to go, here is a synopsis on what may happen.

https://screenrant.com/hawkman-hawkw...final-fate-dc/
    Last issue was great and I can totally see him writing a JSA book in the future.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The JSA and Hawks together again. Christmas came early.