Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm interested in plague doctor Hawkman .
    After last issue I'm way more interested in titan hawkman that's something I never thought I'd see lol.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    HAWKMAN #23
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by MARCIO TAKARA and FERNANDO PASARIN
    cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    variant cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO
    Cloaked in black and wearing the eerie mask of a hawk, the mysterious Plague Doctor roams 17th century Europe in an attempt to ease the suffering of those who fall victim to the Black Death. But how is the Doctor supposed to help anyone when he’s hated and feared for his unique immunity to the disease? It’s mind versus body as Carter Hall relives his most tragic past life in a last stand to fight off Sky Tyrant’s control over his body for good!
    ON SALE 04.08.20

Attachment 91814
    👀 I am intrigued.

BANNED

BANNED

And can't forget our space cop boy Katar

hawkman-essential4-postcrisis-hkwld_01_c1-v1.jpg

BANNED

I wonder If the JSA hawkman of the past is the same Carter of our present I don't want anymore confusion then hawkman already has.

h9v2plmq6lk31.jpg

Mighty Member

Hawkman has always been sort of a secondary hero for me, I liked him, but he was never in my DC top 10.

That being said Venditti is killing it on Hawkman right now that it has become one of my favourite titles. The story arch a while back with the Shade and Shadow thief was great!

Boisterously Confused

And can't forget our space cop boy Katar

hawkman-essential4-postcrisis-hkwld_01_c1-v1.jpg
    I have an emotionally difficult time with that series. To me, it was the point at which the Hawks were damaged beyond repair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I have an emotionally difficult time with that series. To me, it was the point at which the Hawks were damaged beyond repair.
    How so? Was it the characters or the setting?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    Hawkman has always been sort of a secondary hero for me, I liked him, but he was never in my DC top 10.

That being said Venditti is killing it on Hawkman right now that it has become one of my favourite titles. The story arch a while back with the Shade and Shadow thief was great!
    Robert really is killing it with hawkman,hopefully after snyder finished with the justice league he will get all the hawks and let him tell a great story I'm waiting for kendera and Carter to finally talk it has been years.

Boisterously Confused

How so? Was it the characters or the setting?
    That was the point at which Hawkworld went from a reframing of the Silver Age Hawks to a straight up reboot that broke with all previous continuity. That wouldn't have been so bad (although bad enough, IMO), but DC began having to work around the established history of the Hawks that they still felt compelled to keep (namely, just who was that flying around in the pre-Hawkworld Justice League). Things got progressively messier the more they tried to mop it up, eventually leading to the brain-twisting "let's roll them all together" solution near the culmination of the Zero Hour event. Writers have been trying to untangle the mess ever since, and it really began with issue 1 of the Hawkworld on going.

Kendra Saunders should be Hawkman.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

That was the point at which Hawkworld went from a reframing of the Silver Age Hawks to a straight up reboot that broke with all previous continuity. That wouldn't have been so bad (although bad enough, IMO), but DC began having to work around the established history of the Hawks that they still felt compelled to keep (namely, just who was that flying around in the pre-Hawkworld Justice League). Things got progressively messier the more they tried to mop it up, eventually leading to the brain-twisting "let's roll them all together" solution near the culmination of the Zero Hour event. Writers have been trying to untangle the mess ever since, and it really began with issue 1 of the Hawkworld on going.
    Hawkworld is one of the greatest comics DC has ever published, so I have difficulty sympathizing.

BANNED

I see your point then we had the the Carter reincarnation cycle I admit hawkman history is confusing as hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Kendra Saunders should be Hawkman.
    To tell you the truth it's not something I would want to see Female thor felt forced and I wouldn't want to see that with hawkgirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Hawkworld is one of the greatest comics DC has ever published, so I have difficulty sympathizing.
    Yep it was really great but the follow up was so bad with not making it the new post crisis origin and instead they chose to make the history way more confusing with Fel Andar.