Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    To tell you the truth it's not something I would want to see Female thor felt forced and I wouldn't want to see that with hawkgirl.
    Odin turned "Thor" into a role. Hawk"man" is a gender identity.

I'm saying restart the universe with Khufu/Carter being resurrected into a female body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Odin turned "Thor" into a role. Hawk"man" is a gender identity.

I'm saying restart the universe with Khufu/Carter being resurrected into a female body.
    I don't see that happening especially with 70+ years of history.

I could see it. That creative space was explored in Camelot 3000 back in the 80s, which I think proved it has creative legs.

BANNED

Rather have Hawkman be more alienistic.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Hawkworld is one of the greatest comics DC has ever published, so I have difficulty sympathizing.
    Haha. Hawkworld ended over 25 years but I am still pretty loyal to it as well. I'm just not sure how it could have possibly been followed by something as funky as the ZH volume
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As good as the book's been, I am so ready for Sky Tyrant to be done with. Year of the Villain as well, but that's beside the point. I really hope this book is free of event tie ins soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As good as the book's been, I am so ready for Sky Tyrant to be done with. Year of the Villain as well, but that's beside the point. I really hope this book is free of event tie ins soon.
    Probably not until snyder and James T and Joshua are done with their plans unfortunately.

Mighty Member

I'm not much a fan of tie ins either, but I'm surprisingly enjoying the Sky Tryant, you can tell the story arch is winding down soon. It will be interesting to see what happens with Adam Strange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    I'm not much a fan of tie ins either, but I'm surprisingly enjoying the Sky Tryant, you can tell the story arch is winding down soon. It will be interesting to see what happens with Adam Strange.
    Agreed Robert Venditti has done wonders with a concept that wasn't his and was shoved on to him he's truly a talented writer and improves as time goes on.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'll third that. Sky Tyrant is actually a cool gimmick with the whole reincarnation for redemption angle and his motivation.

Also its been a lot of fun seeing the different Hawkmen. Titan Hawkman, Rann Hawkman.

Definitely my favorite comic currently. Venditti is doing a great job.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's an...interesting take on Hawkman's mask.

(Eyes are a wee bit too big for my taste).

Looks like how Rags used to draw some of the helmets.

I gotta get caught up on the book. Grabbed the first issue months late because the word of mouth was so good, but my LCS had trouble finding the other issues, and it's just slipped through the cracks. First trade should be out right? I'll have to grab it.

I thought the new origin would make things even more convoluted; being reborn across time *and* space? Way to add extra dimensions where none were needed. But it seems like everyone reading the book is loving it, and this new facet isn't breaking things like I feared it would. From what I hear, Hawkman and his continuity is actually as good as it's been in a long damn time, with the only major issue being how Kendra (and maybe Shay?) fit into things. For Hawkman that's pretty damn clean.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Actually two trades are out which completes the arc. The time and space thing was his way of fixing Carter v Katar by making it feasible both can be active simultaneously while not invalidating there other or their backstory. It works.

BANNED

Actually two trades are out which completes the arc. The time and space thing was his way of fixing Carter v Katar by making it feasible both can be active simultaneously while not invalidating there other or their backstory. It works.
    true reincarnation torgow time and space does make it easier to understand.